Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

Jesse left because we didn’t have the money to match it at the time.

Joe just torched UNC at UNC and is having a great year, if he was given “the talk” then someone is stupid.
I don’t think AA had much confidence in Joe in the M2M. I am a Joe fan and wanted him to stay. The ironic part is that Joe could get his 2,000th point in the Dome Saturday. Needs 18 for 2,000.

A lot of time between the last game and today.

I have to believe that Red and Benny had a conversation. I'd guess Red told him that it would be up to him (Benny) if he would get his act together or not. I'm sure Red made it obvious that it would be his way or the highway.

Benny apparently decided it would be his own way.

I have to believe that Red and Benny had a conversation. I'd guess Red told him that it would be up to him (Benny) if he would get his act together or not. I'm sure Red made it obvious that it would be his way or the highway.

No more "one last chance" talks, ffs. Benny had his opportunities. At some point Red needed to isht or get off the pot.

I don’t think AA had much confidence in Joe in the M2M. I am a Joe fan and wanted him to stay. The ironic part is that Joe could get his 2,000th point in the Dome Saturday. Needs 18 for 2,000.

Joe was a "fan favorite".

Fans thought Joe should have committed to Siena.

Fans ragged on him relentlessly for 4 years.

When Joe announced he was leaving, fans offered to help him pack.

Which means ... Joe will drop half a hundred on us. :rolleyes:

I thought there was a post somewhere about a practice he didn’t show up to yesterday.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Red put a demand on him like a late team practice then an early morning Benny only coaching session. Oldest trick in the book.

His days were numbered anyway with who we are bringing in at his position in the offseason.

Taylor may be a reserve on a good team but he tries hard. He often gets stuck playing a 4 with a 2 guards physical traits. He is not shooting well but he is overrated on the defensive end. I also want to see Carey develop. It is a shame that our best player, Judah, feels the need to try and win games with almost no help. Not sure if this because he does not trust the players around him to score or if he to ball is his game.

Taylor tries hard, but our coach doesn't coach to his strengths at all.

cope has blown the other forwards out of the water...he has had some bigtime stinker games though...so he hasnt really justified auto-starter status...no one has...the forwrads are a gaping hole on this roster

but considering what the forward corps is, i could see cope being disgruntled with playing time at this point...as his blowup with red recently might indicate...there are certainly other programs that might offer cope a starting spot.

same with benny...I know people wanna rag on him ...especially now that things havent worked out...and with how ridiculous his behavior has been.

but expecting these PAID players to be altruistic and only care about the team is a pipe dream

they are slefish and this era is the most selfish era in history. NIL is like gas to the fire.

struggling college is no longer costing players money later...its costing them money RIGHT NOW.

lets just deal with the current reality as it is.

all i can say - if I was benny I'd probably be pissed too...jt and bell have blown chunks for many games and have their spots secured? meanwhile...benny has been taking one for the team since the day he arrived on campus

a 5 star player being benched as a freshman is 1 thing. as a sophomore another.

but as a junior...with the coach that probably promised you that was all over in the offseason? its a lot to ask in this era of non-commitment.

i dont think Bennys behavior is justified and I am not trying to justifiy it.

i think this is the right move for the team.

but if I try to get into his head...he is probably pissed about being benched over two players that he probably outperforms in practice.

I know I would be...

if I was benny during this season...I would already have decided to transfer. fwiw

what would really be the point of staying loyal to a team that isnt getting you anywhere?

I think IF and When SU gets more 5star recruits...the clock is going to be ticking on their playing time ...from day 1. Was kinda shocked benny hadnt transferred already. multiple times.

i think part of the reason that his behavior seems so crazy to us as outsiders probably feels justified to him bc of things that have been said and done outside of the public gaze...which arent being backed up in reality.

and at the end of the day...players are right to look at the whole situation as - how is this benefitting me? same with any other job.

and if you know its not going to work at a job...a lot of people start slacking and acting out...they get fired instead of quitting...as a form of protest...espcially if you think your job did you dirty in any way.

idk...

its going to be wild if benny somehow kills at another school...and that is possible...although unlikely.
5Star means nothing once you get on campus. He never played like a 5 star player. He played like a 3 star at best.

How exactly do you destroy a urinal? Those things are built to last.

un.png

I thought Taurean's issue was his mom, that and the fact that he had a serious aversion to playing defense.

He wasn't as bad as Boeheim talked about in his press conferences. He still put up good rebounding numbers per minutes played, and he got his share of blocked shots and steals. Those are all defensive statistics, and he did better than many of our traditional skinny PFs who we try to play at center, for probably most of the last 10 years.

No idea. I would think if they had a conversation and couldn't come to an understanding the announcement would be "Benny leaves Syracuse MBB team...", an announcement to "dismiss Benny" sounds more like either a conversation that blew up big time or an attempt at a conversation but Benny no showed.

cope has blown the other forwards out of the water...he has had some bigtime stinker games though...so he hasnt really justified auto-starter status...no one has...the forwrads are a gaping hole on this roster

but considering what the forward corps is, i could see cope being disgruntled with playing time at this point...as his blowup with red recently might indicate...there are certainly other programs that might offer cope a starting spot.

same with benny...I know people wanna rag on him ...especially now that things havent worked out...and with how ridiculous his behavior has been.

but expecting these PAID players to be altruistic and only care about the team is a pipe dream

they are slefish and this era is the most selfish era in history. NIL is like gas to the fire.

struggling college is no longer costing players money later...its costing them money RIGHT NOW.

lets just deal with the current reality as it is.

all i can say - if I was benny I'd probably be pissed too...jt and bell have blown chunks for many games and have their spots secured? meanwhile...benny has been taking one for the team since the day he arrived on campus

a 5 star player being benched as a freshman is 1 thing. as a sophomore another.

but as a junior...with the coach that probably promised you that was all over in the offseason? its a lot to ask in this era of non-commitment.

i dont think Bennys behavior is justified and I am not trying to justifiy it.

i think this is the right move for the team.

but if I try to get into his head...he is probably pissed about being benched over two players that he probably outperforms in practice.

I know I would be...

if I was benny during this season...I would already have decided to transfer. fwiw

what would really be the point of staying loyal to a team that isnt getting you anywhere?

I think IF and When SU gets more 5star recruits...the clock is going to be ticking on their playing time ...from day 1. Was kinda shocked benny hadnt transferred already. multiple times.

i think part of the reason that his behavior seems so crazy to us as outsiders probably feels justified to him bc of things that have been said and done outside of the public gaze...which arent being backed up in reality.

and at the end of the day...players are right to look at the whole situation as - how is this benefitting me? same with any other job.

and if you know its not going to work at a job...a lot of people start slacking and acting out...they get fired instead of quitting...as a form of protest...espcially if you think your job did you dirty in any way.

idk...

its going to be wild if benny somehow kills at another school...and that is possible...although unlikely.
I'm not sure how long someone is supposed to be able to live off a 5 star hs rating, but three plus years is too long by far. Benny is not a very accomplished basketball player at this level, simple as that.

Last edited:

Joe just torched UNC at UNC and is having a great year, if he was given “the talk” then someone is stupid.

To be fair, at the time of "the talk", he weighted 15 pounds more than he did at the start of the season. So, there's that factor, too. Maybe Joe took it in the best possible way.

Jesse's dad had a number, we met it, and then he shopped our offer, and came back for a second request, when we already thought we had a deal.

That's when you don't negotiate any more, because how many times will people shop your offer?

I gotta tell you, if I was ever to trash a locker room there are about 10 things I would address before turning my attention to the urinals. Just saying…
A pee trough would give that shiite back!

Quincy looks great for Illinois

He wasn't as bad as Boeheim talked about in his press conferences. He still put up good rebounding numbers per minutes played, and he got his share of blocked shots and steals. Those are all defensive statistics, and he did better than many of our traditional skinny PFs who we try to play at center, for probably most of the last 10 years.
I'm old but my memories are of the ole' defense kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom