Berkman / Savage / Corsi / other SU players in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Berkman / Savage / Corsi / other SU players in the portal

Hearing Corsi is also in the portal

That would be bad news. I would have expected him to have a very good chance at starting at midfield next year. Again, he is pretty much the only returning contributor that could dodge effectively. Wonder if it wasn’t injuries that held him out of the last few games of the year?

That would be bad news. I would have expected him to have a very good chance at starting at midfield next year. Again, he is pretty much the only returning contributor that could dodge effectively. Wonder if it wasn’t injuries that held him out of the last few games of the year?

Tell the Daily Orange to quit writing stories.

IF true have to put this one solely on Gait. To me it was clear a quarter into the season he should have seen more PT and possibly take Cook's spot. He did see some more time eventually but it was uneven. Only other issue I could think is if he wants to play attack vs Midfield.

If that is indeed true then yes you could maybe look to the staff not playing him enough, but we simply have to stop getting kids from IMG. Every. single. one. has bailed (besides porter). And it's a long list. Like seriously what is the disconnect between what our cuse people down there tell the staff about these kids and then what they actually do? They all leave! Are the cuse people down there saying stuff like "oh yeah you will start and play major minutes right out of the gate for sure kid. Anything else would be unacceptable for someone of your caliber." And then when that doesn't immediately happen they just jump ship?

Sever that connection. It has happened to many times for the culture at IMG to not be a factor. Corsi had a very promising freshman season, but he is a true freshman, not a 5 star recruit or even in the top 100, and he got solid minutes with plenty of room opening up for him at middie next year. He is not so incredible that he had to be on the field 24/7. Totally crazy that this happens literally every single time.

If that is indeed true then yes you could maybe look to the staff not playing him enough, but we simply have to stop getting kids from IMG. Every. single. one. has bailed (besides porter). And it's a long list. Like seriously what is the disconnect between what our cuse people down there tell the staff about these kids and then what they actually do? They all leave! Are the cuse people down there saying stuff like "oh yeah you will start and play major minutes right out of the gate for sure kid. Anything else would be unacceptable for someone of your caliber." And then when that doesn't immediately happen they just jump ship?

Sever that connection. It has happened to many times for the culture at IMG to not be a factor. Corsi had a very promising freshman season, but he is a true freshman, not a 5 star recruit or even in the top 100, and he got solid minutes with plenty of room opening up for him at middie next year. He is not so incredible that he had to be on the field 24/7. Totally crazy that this happens literally every single time.

You know that's a really good point. I think the last 5 or so recruits from there have all transferred out and all after like one year. Bizarre.

You know that's a really good point. I think the last 5 or so recruits from their have all transferred out and all after like one year. Bizarre.
Lewandowski - bailed before season starts
Donnelly - bailed after first year (or before season started? can't remember)
Fernandez - Gave us a good full year in 2019 along with 2020 but bailed with two years of eligibility. Never started for us.
Snyder - Never even showed up
Scanlon - obviously cant blame IMG for everything in this case but he went there, and he left here, so we can add him to the list with an asterisks
Corsi - If true, another bail similar to the first two names

Screw IMG!!

OOPS

IMG Director of Lacrosse:

Lewandowski - bailed before season starts
Donnelly - bailed after first year (or before season started? can't remember)
Fernandez - Gave us a good full year in 2019 along with 2020 but bailed with two years of eligibility. Never started for us.
Snyder - Never even showed up
Scanlon - obviously cant blame IMG for everything in this case but he went there, and he left here, so we can add him to the list with an asterisks
Corsi - If true, another bail similar to the first two names

Screw IMG!!

LOL that is some list, yikes. Donnelly was here for 1 year, think he red-shirted and then transferred to Drexel. He then had a great year last year before coming back down to earth this season. Lewandowski couldn't even make it through the 1st semester.

Agreed on IMG, there is definitely some disconnect. Only other potential issue I can think of is that maybe Corsi was one of those guys that the poster mentioned who didn't really like Gait.

OOPS

Tom, I love ya, but something ain't working down there buddy. That warm florida weather is not good for a canadian's mind. Find a gig up north and get that mojo back.

LOL that is some list, yikes. Donnelly was here for 1 year, think he red-shirted and then transferred to Drexel. He then had a great year last year before coming back down to earth this season. Lewandowski couldn't even make it through the 1st semester.

Agreed on IMG, there is definitely some disconnect. Only other potential issue I can think of is that maybe Corsi was one of those guys that the poster mentioned who didn't really like Gait.
It could certainly be a product of Gait as coach and the fact that he is not the one who recruited him could also be a major factor. With all the IMG names you could probably point to other individual factors. But when the list of names is that long it cannot be ignored! IMG is a part of the equation at that point.

OOPS

Spencer Wright ('02) has been head coach since 2019

Porter was from IMG - looks like he's the only one who stayed??

Anyone else get the impression (from his Instagram) that Jovan Miller is taking a great deal of joy in this? I get the distinct impression that he was clearly a Desko guy and is still salty about how things went down last year. I mean it's almost like he's rooting for Gait to fail.
He has ripped Desko's teams as well. I recall tweets talking about how embarrassed he was by the teams play in the recent past.

Like Corsi's potential but it's not the be all end all.

As a player you have to be happy with the minutes as a true frosh. But there can always be other factors at play that sometimes have nothing to do with lacrosse. climate, campus, culture. who knows.

I do worry a bit about the old school generation coaching the kids of today's generation. That's why Gait and Petro need to go out and find their guys who fit their style. (not saying this applies to Corsi)

Now confirmed...

Traditionally, Lake Oswego has been better to us than Oswego on the Lake.

Probably just based on that one game Savage played.

But that QB from a couple years back tips the scales a little bit more.

Spencer Wright ('02) has been head coach since 2019
they've both been there since just 2019, and maracheck i know was well into the year. so outside of corsi (who has not announced anything yet?), the rest had a connection with someone else, and that was likely burnham.

one of the things about img, culver, hill academy, other pg places is that those kids have dropped everything, moved out... and put tons of time (and $$ often) in to try to get to whatever their highest level is. well beyond even what year rounders do at their local privates and clubs.

so you are taking the risk those kids might not see their investment paying off if they're not starring early -- and get grass is greener syndrome.

It could certainly be a product of Gait as coach and the fact that he is not the one who recruited him could also be a major factor. With all the IMG names you could probably point to other individual factors. But when the list of names is that long it cannot be ignored! IMG is a part of the equation at that point.
Corsi isn't in the portal (at least as of this morning), so I think we can all chill for the moment.

He has ripped Desko's teams as well. I recall tweets talking about how embarrassed he was by the teams play in the recent past.
It makes some sense that a guy from the last era of massive orange success would be especially salty about the state of the team in recent years. Still no excuse for venting about it on social media like you are some random troll and not a prominent alum. Literally the only thing you could possibly accomplish is making current players feel like garbage. There is nothing else that can come of it.

It makes some sense that a guy from the last era of massive orange success would be especially salty about the state of the team in recent years. Still no excuse for venting about it on social media like you are some random troll and not a prominent alum. Literally the only thing you could possibly accomplish is making current players feel like garbage. There is nothing else that can come of it.
While I respect what the Cuse Teams of the past accomplished, they really need to recognize that this is a different era - more parity among the top conferences, more elite athletes in general, more wealthy parents involved in recruiting process (which hurts Cuse) etc.

While I respect what the Cuse Teams of the past accomplished, they really need to recognize that this is a different era - more parity among the top conferences, more elite athletes in general, more wealthy parents involved in recruiting process (which hurts Cuse) etc.
Personally I have a hard time recognizing and accepting it too:)

Hope that this season and last season are blips on the radar like it was for UVa. To me the top teams are still kind of the same except for us and Hopkins.

With Berkman seemingly gone, I wonder who gets number 3? Both Kempney and Figuerias wear it for their high school teams. Braveheart first day of fall ball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom