Best Father / Son Duo in any major sport - could Vlad Sr and Jr become the best | Syracusefan.com

Best Father / Son Duo in any major sport - could Vlad Sr and Jr become the best

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
I was lucky enough an as Expos fan to see many games of Vladimir Guerrero as he developed. Now I get to see Vlad Guerrero Jr develop into an MVP level player.

Got me thinking -- could they potentially become the best father/son duo in the history of the Big 4 sports?

Off the top of my head Bobby and Brett Hull would be at a higher level.
Is there a duo better than the Hulls that I am forgetting?

I was lucky enough an as Expos fan to see many games of Vladimir Guerrero as he developed. Now I get to see Vlad Guerrero Jr develop into an MVP level player.

Got me thinking -- could they potentially become the best father/son duo in the history of the Big 4 sports?

Off the top of my head Bobby and Brett Hull would be at a higher level.
Is there a duo better than the Hulls that I am forgetting?
Currently, I’d put the Griffeys at the top, but admittedly I’m not that much of a hockey fan.

I think it’s likely they become the best baseball duo at the very least. While Griffey Sr. and Bobby Bonds made some all star games, they weren’t MVP and a perennial All Star and MVP candidate like Vlad Sr. was.

Vlad Jr. is looking like a good bet to also be a perennial All Star and MVP candidate. They’ve got a good chance.

Here is a good article on this.

The Best Father-Son Combos in Sports

I like Man o' War and War Admiral but there have been a lot of good ones.

Seems like the only Hall of Fame combo in the major team sports are both from hockey
1) The Hulls
2) The Howes

I think the Guerrero's could be the first one that is non-hockey..

Seems like the only Hall of Fame combo in the major team sports are both from hockey
1) The Hulls
2) The Howes

I think the Guerrero's could be the first one that is non-hockey..
Agreed - give Vald Jr. a few more years like this and I'm on board with that vote

There is always a risk of disappointment. Cecil and Prince Fielder come to mind for a duo that couldn't quite live up to expectations.

Agreed - give Vald Jr. a few more years like this and I'm on board with that vote

There is always a risk of disappointment. Cecil and Prince Fielder come to mind for a duo that couldn't quite live up to expectations.
Amazingly, Prince and Cecil both hit 319 career home runs. What are the chances of that?

Total SU slant

Leo and Andy Rautins

Derrick Coleman and DeJuan Coleman;)

Carmelo Anthony and Kiyan Anthony.

If you overlook the steroids the bonds are up there. Certainly the Manning's for football. The Howes and Hulls for hockey. Vlad Jr keeps this up they could be the best.

Then you have some families who have 3 generations of ball players like the Boones and Bells.

Clay Matthews Jr and Clay III, i think III makes the HOF, but despite being in the Browns Ring of Honor, that might be it for Jr.

Bruce Matthews and Jake, but while Jake has been extremely solid, he hasnt been great.

Man o War was probably a Dad to over a thousand horses over the years!! His odds were better than his human counterparts!!! :):)
Wilt Chamberlain could of had as many chances.
I mean he did the work needed to have that many sons.

mqdefault.jpg

Wilt Chamberlain could of had as many chances.
I mean he did the work needed to have that many sons.
Here is a great article regarding a possible son that Wilt might have fathered. I never knew this story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom