Best female singer all time | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Best female singer all time

Thinking about it some and reading other's opinions a couple more that occurred to me that deserve mention I think are Sandy Denny, Sarah Vaughn, Mother Maybelle and Barbra Streisand.

really enjoy the stuff Sara Bareilles has put out.. the broadway show has some great tunes, and she has an amazing live voice

Judy Garland, Patsy, Ronstadt and Whitney
Tip of the cap to Nora Jones and Alicia Keyes

Thinking about it some and reading other's opinions a couple more that occurred to me that deserve mention I think are Sandy Denny, Sarah Vaughn, Mother Maybelle and Barbra Streisand.
Just now looking at this thread. Sandy Denny, for sure. She would be near the top of my list.

Need to pick a genre. I’ll take the training wheels off and name 5.

Leontyne Price
Whitney Houston
Maria Callas
Ella
Aretha or Mariah over Linda Ronstadt easily.

anita baker and sade from the 80's at least deserve a shout out. as does annie lennox. you immediately know the voice when you hear it. it's got it's own unique and special vocal styling. so here's to you chrissy hynde !

In light of the passing of Aretha, I was curious to who people think is the best ever? Big time hits, transcendent to where young people know some songs, etc. I did a quick search in case this has been a topic before, I didn't find anything.
I’m late to this thread, and the entire Entertainment subforum, but my contribution:
1/ Kate Bush
2/ Sade
3/ Pat Benatar
4/ Esthero*
5/ Ella Fitzgerald
6/ Karen Carpenter
7/ Chaka Khan
8/ PJ Harvey
9/ Billie Ray Martin
10/ Stevie Nicks

*’Only’ 3 albums, but her voice is sublime, and lyrically, she’s brilliant/delicious. Weirdly, I listened to her more than anyone from 1999-2012, saw her perform live twice, and then knew her under her given name for a year before finding out she was Esthero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom