Best movie of the year, so far | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best movie of the year, so far

the great gatsby really ? frankly there's not one movie remake of a great novel to me that can truly match the wonder of sitting down and reading the original . that is unless your mind is imaginatively limited.
and although i thought the redford/waterson/mia/dern version was pretty good ( the dern choice threw me a bit) it in no way compares to the splendor of the descriptive prose of fitz's written page.and i was frankly sad to see harry potter ever go to the cineplex. god forbid the kids start reading again. lost magic.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't been to the movies in thirteen years since we went to see Bagger Vance which I hated. Now its all about on Demand and occasionally Red Box. I would much rather watch in the privacy of my own home. I know some of you can relate to that. Anyways, on Saturday night we decided we were going to see the 6:20 showing of "Place Beyond the Pines". I believe its the third weekend it is out, so I figured it wouldn't be too crowded. Needless to say it was sold out. Iron Man wasn't sold out. Gatsby wasn't sold out. But Pines was sold out. First movie that I was sold out of since Grease in 1978. Not sure if we will attempt to go again or if we wait for on Demand.

how big was your theater? Pines is in week 7 and made $1000 a theater last weekend..

how big was your theater? Pines is in week 7 and made $1000 a theater last weekend..

He lives in Clifton Park and the movie was made just south of him in Schenectady so I'm sure it's still pretty big down his way.

He lives in Clifton Park and the movie was made just south of him in Schenectady so I'm sure it's still pretty big down his way.
Yes, lots of local interest. I didn't realize it's been seven weeks that it is out but I am definitely impressed it was sold out. Supposedly the word Schenectady is a loose translation of "place beyond the pines" in Indian.

Yes, lots of local interest. I didn't realize it's been seven weeks that it is out but I am definitely impressed it was sold out. Supposedly the word Schenectady is a loose translation of "place beyond the pines" in Indian.

Just looked it up and it's Mohawk. I just wanted to know which tribe it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom