College Bball- 96 Kentucky Wildcats
College Football-01 Miami Hurricanes

Mlb- 98 Yankees
Nfl-92 Cowboys
Nba-96 Bulls
Nhl-94 Rangers

Agree with NBA, college basketball and college football and I have no clue about hockey. For NFL, I would also strongly consider the 1985 Bears or 1991 Redskins. For MLB, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the 2017 Dodgers before all is said and done.

Mlb- 98 Yankees
Nfl-92 Cowboys
Nba-96 Bulls
Nhl-94 Rangers
With all due respect, and u know I enjoy our banter...I had u pegged for late 20s.

Maybe early 30s.

Reading your list shocks me.

It's like me saying the best NBA team I ever saw was the 71 Knicks, as I played with blocks in front of the tv my pops was watching the game on.

Last edited:
With all due respect, abuse u know I have enjoy our banter...I had u pegged for late 20s.

Maybe early 30s.

Reading your list shocks me.

It's like me saying the best NBA team I ever saw was the 71 Knicks, as I played with blocks in front of the tv my pops was watching the game on.

Im 34, what shocks you about it?

MLB - 98 Yankees
NFL - 89 49ers
NBA - 89 Pistons
NHL - 96 Red Wings
College Bball - 91 UNLV
College Football - 01 Miami Hurricanes

Mlb- 98 Yankees
Nfl-92 Cowboys
Nba-96 Bulls
Nhl-94 Rangers

NBA - 2017 Warriors
MLB - 1998 Yankees(my Dodgers are coming though)
NFL - 1994 49ers
CBB - 1990 UNLV
CFB - 2001 Miami

MLB - 98 Yankees
NFL - 89 49ers
NBA - 89 Pistons
NHL - 96 Red Wings
College Bball - 91 UNLV
College Football - 01 Miami Hurricanes
UNLV came to mind right away for me as well. Probably not as deep as Kentucky, but that first five were mighty.

Yeah, exactly why I went with them over Kentucky. Kentucky had more pros but...UNLV had a #1 pick and their best guys on the floor more often.

Augmon was so fun to watch. His defense. Man.

I don't give a hoot about football or hockey
NBA 2014 Spurs were the most watchable basketball team ever
MBB 2010 Syracuse Orange best & most watchable SU team ever
MLB 2017 Dodgers have zero holes and are awesome to watch. I'm a Met fan, but my son is falling in love with baseball because of this team and that is a great thing.

Im 34, what shocks you about it?
What I'm getting at, is that I would've thought your answers would've been centered more around when you had a total understanding of the sport and what the teams accomplished.

Nothing wrong with using hindsight, as it's 20/20.

I probably should too as I often overlook the 77-78 Yankees and they are what officially cemented me a Yankee fan...and a core NY sports fan in general.

No pretty helmets for me ;)

Good list though...

What I'm getting at, is that I would've thought your answers would've been centered more around when you had a total understanding of the sport and what the teams accomplished.

Nothing wrong with using hindsight, as it's 20/20.

I probably should too as I often overlook the 77-78 Yankees and they are what officially cemented me a Yankee fan...and a core NY sports fan in general.

No pretty helmets for me ;)

Good list though...

I'm just talking about the teams that I saw play, my sports watching only goes back to the mid-late 80's.

Mlb- 98 Yankees
Nfl-92 Cowboys
Nba-96 Bulls
Nhl-94 Rangers
Bill Walton's UCLA teams. Arguably the best college player ever.

I'm just talking about the teams that I saw play, my sports watching only goes back to the mid-late 80's.
Dude, u were born in the mid 80s.

That's the point.

I was in SR High for the 86 Giants.

I wouldn't put the 76 Big Red Machine, who broke my heart...on this list.

That's the point.

Hmm... He was a teenager for most of the team's he listed. If he was listing the '86 Celtics or '85 Bears or '89 A's or something, yeah he'd be too young to appreciate them.

I think childhood and teenage years are well in play though. I knew every NBA and MLB teams starting lineup back then, I couldn't even come close to doing that now.

NBA - 2017 Warriors
MLB - 1998 Yankees(my Dodgers are coming though)
NFL - 1994 49ers
CBB - 1990 UNLV
CFB - 2001 Miami

I like your list a lot. I definitely agree with the first two (your caveat on the Dodgers included). I'm not a huge college football fan, but I think 01 Miami is a really good pick also, you go back and look at the talent on that team and it's just ridiculous.

I'm 33, so 1990 UNLV, as far as teams I actually watched, is like literally one or two years before I knew what basketball exactly was. I know they were awesome, but I can't put them on my list. I really think the 2012 Kentucky team was awesome, it's difficult to compare a team that's all freshmen to one with upperclassmen, but that team was loaded. Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant are the two best college basketball players players I've seen.

For NFL, it's a little tough. 1994 49ers, I remember watching that super bowl and I know they were great, but I was 10 years old. The 07 Pats might be the pick, they would be for sure if their last game played out a little differently. (Actually, the Pats this year may end up being the pick). But assuming you need to pick a team that won a title, that Seattle team was really good? I dunno.

I like your list a lot. I definitely agree with the first two (your caveat on the Dodgers included). I'm not a huge college football fan, but I think 01 Miami is a really good pick also, you go back and look at the talent on that team and it's just ridiculous.

I'm 33, so 1990 UNLV, as far as teams I actually watched, is like literally one or two years before I knew what basketball exactly was. I know they were awesome, but I can't put them on my list. I really think the 2012 Kentucky team was awesome, it's difficult to compare a team that's all freshmen to one with upperclassmen, but that team was loaded. Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant are the two best college basketball players players I've seen.

For NFL, it's a little tough. 1994 49ers, I remember watching that super bowl and I know they were great, but I was 10 years old. The 07 Pats might be the pick, they would be for sure if their last game played out a little differently. (Actually, the Pats this year may end up being the pick). But assuming you need to pick a team that won a title, that Seattle team was really good? I dunno.

That '94 Niners roster was just ridiculous on both sides of the ball. So many pro bowlers and hall of famers.

They lost two games early when a lot of their OL was hurt and Deion was late joining the team, and they lost their last regular season game when they rested starters.

But once they got rolling, they were just blowing teams out most of the year.

That '94 Niners roster was just ridiculous on both sides of the ball. So many pro bowlers and hall of famers.

They lost two games early when a lot of their OL was hurt and Deion was late joining the team, and they lost their last regular season game when they rested starters.

Football Outsiders did a top 30 teams of the last 30 years on ESPN a few weeks back, using their metrics. Niners were around 15; they have this completely inexplicable 40-8 loss to the Eagles in Week 5 that kinda kills their rating. 91 Redskins are #1, 07 Pats #2, fwiw. After that Eagles game, they lost once, in Week 17, to a good Vikes team in a game they didn't need to win, sweeping through the playoffs.

Football Outsiders did a top 30 teams of the last 30 years on ESPN a few weeks back, using their metrics. Niners were around 15; they have this completely inexplicable 40-8 loss to the Eagles in Week 5 that kinda kills their rating. 91 Redskins are #1, 07 Pats #2, fwiw. After that Eagles game, they lost once, in Week 17, to a good Vikes team in a game they didn't need to win, sweeping through the playoffs.

Right, and I believe they were missing almost their entire starting OL for that Eagles game.

98 Yankees
99 Rams
17 Warriors
96 Kentucky
96 Red Wings

That's the point.

That's the point.

Thats why the title was "Best team you have seen"

Yeah, exactly why I went with them over Kentucky. Kentucky had more pros but...UNLV had a #1 pick and their best guys on the floor more often.

That was the one I had the toughest time with, Unlv was really good, I went with Kentucky because they had more pros.

They had a loaded roster, I went with the 92 Cowboys because they won their conference title game on the road, and they beat a Bills team by 5 tds that was in their 3rd straight Super Bowl, The Charger team the Niners beat was garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom