Best technique/move in sports? | Syracusefan.com

Best technique/move in sports?

Vshukla

Walk On
I was discussing GOATs with some friends the other day (I still go with Ali as the GOAT of all GOATS), and the conversation shifted to what is the greatest individual move/technique in sports? I am referring to a play or move that a player did, not a specific instance.

I’m not sure I am wording this properly, so maybe some examples would help:

Nolan Ryan’s fastball.
Mariano Rivera’s cutter.
Ali’s jab.
Roger Federer’s serve.
Or my pick – Kareem’s skyhook. It was almost impossible to block, it allowed Kareem to become (until recently) the NBA all time leading scorer and nobody has been able to effective duplicate it in 40 years.

Any thoughts?

Olajuwon’s Dream Shake
Definitely thought about the Shake. The only problem is that there were 100 different variations! The famous sequence Olajuwon hit David Robinson with is one of the best plays I have ever seen. Hakeem made a Hall of Famer look like a beginner.

Larry Bird telling the defense what he was going to do ("I'm gonna come off a screen and get the ball right here. Then I'm gonna take two dribbles to my left and shoot a jump shot in your face"), then doing just that ("I told you I was gonna do it") has to be one of the great bad@ss moves of all time.

Kent Tekulve's submarine pitching delivery

Mark Gastineau's Sack Dance

Ken Griffey Jr’s Swing
Ichiro swing/stance
Johan Santana Changeup
Messi Free Kicks
AI Carry/Crossover
Steph Curry Release
Jordan Turnaround
Dirk One Legged Kickout J

Looks not moves:
Jose Fernandez’ smile
Pat Summit’s stare
Bob Knight’s stare
Payne Stewart’s outfits
Lenny Dykstra dip lip
Barry Bonds elbow pad

Jim Boeheim's sophisticated fashion sense

1691155265990.jpeg

I was discussing GOATs with some friends the other day (I still go with Ali as the GOAT of all GOATS), and the conversation shifted to what is the greatest individual move/technique in sports? I am referring to a play or move that a player did, not a specific instance.

I’m not sure I am wording this properly, so maybe some examples would help:

Nolan Ryan’s fastball.
Mariano Rivera’s cutter.
Ali’s jab.
Roger Federer’s serve.
Or my pick – Kareem’s skyhook. It was almost impossible to block, it allowed Kareem to become (until recently) the NBA all time leading scorer and nobody has been able to effective duplicate it in 40 years.

Any thoughts?
Laruso crane kick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom