Bet on line has this | Syracusefan.com

Bet on line has this

OrangeFreek

Starter
IMG_1186.png

FWIW, this is what AI thinks:

Determining the ideal candidate to lead Syracuse University's football program requires careful consideration of various factors, including the coach's experience, coaching style, ability to recruit top talent, and potential to revitalize the program's culture and performance. While there are numerous qualified individuals who could potentially succeed in this role, here are a few notable coaches who stand out as promising candidates:
  1. Kalani Sitake: The current head coach at Brigham Young University, Sitake has demonstrated a remarkable ability to transform struggling programs into winning teams. During his tenure at BYU, he has led the team to bowl games in four out of five seasons, including a 10-3 record in 2020. His emphasis on discipline, teamwork, and player development aligns with Syracuse's values and could bring much-needed stability and success to the program.
  2. Jeff Monken: Currently leading the Army West Point football team, Monken has garnered recognition for his innovative triple-option offense and his ability to develop a strong sense of camaraderie among his players. His approach to coaching emphasizes physicality, discipline, and a commitment to excellence, which could resonate well with Syracuse's fanbase and contribute to a resurgence of the program's competitiveness.
  3. Bob Chesney: The head coach of Holy Cross, Chesney has a proven track record of success at the FCS level. He has led Holy Cross to Patriot League championships and has consistently developed players who have gone on to successful NFL careers. His experience in developing talent and his understanding of the Northeast recruiting landscape could be valuable assets for Syracuse.
  4. Brian Hartline: The offensive coordinator at Ohio State University, Hartline has been instrumental in the Buckeyes' offensive firepower in recent years. His innovative play-calling and ability to develop quarterbacks have made him a highly sought-after coach. While he may not have head coaching experience, his energy, enthusiasm, and proven track record of success could make him a dynamic leader for Syracuse.
  5. Curt Cignetti: The head coach at James Madison University, Cignetti has a reputation for building winning programs from the ground up. He has led James Madison to multiple Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) championships and has a knack for recruiting and developing talented players. His experience in turning around struggling programs could be a valuable asset for Syracuse.
These are just a few of the many talented coaches who could potentially succeed as Syracuse University's next football coach. The decision ultimately rests with the university's athletic leadership, who will carefully evaluate each candidate's qualifications, experience, and potential fit with the program's culture and goals. The goal is to find a coach who can not only restore Syracuse to prominence in the ACC but also instill a winning mentality and a culture of excellence that will last for years to come.

FWIW, this is what AI thinks:

Determining the ideal candidate to lead Syracuse University's football program requires careful consideration of various factors, including the coach's experience, coaching style, ability to recruit top talent, and potential to revitalize the program's culture and performance. While there are numerous qualified individuals who could potentially succeed in this role, here are a few notable coaches who stand out as promising candidates:
  1. Kalani Sitake: The current head coach at Brigham Young University, Sitake has demonstrated a remarkable ability to transform struggling programs into winning teams. During his tenure at BYU, he has led the team to bowl games in four out of five seasons, including a 10-3 record in 2020. His emphasis on discipline, teamwork, and player development aligns with Syracuse's values and could bring much-needed stability and success to the program.
  2. Jeff Monken: Currently leading the Army West Point football team, Monken has garnered recognition for his innovative triple-option offense and his ability to develop a strong sense of camaraderie among his players. His approach to coaching emphasizes physicality, discipline, and a commitment to excellence, which could resonate well with Syracuse's fanbase and contribute to a resurgence of the program's competitiveness.
  3. Bob Chesney: The head coach of Holy Cross, Chesney has a proven track record of success at the FCS level. He has led Holy Cross to Patriot League championships and has consistently developed players who have gone on to successful NFL careers. His experience in developing talent and his understanding of the Northeast recruiting landscape could be valuable assets for Syracuse.
  4. Brian Hartline: The offensive coordinator at Ohio State University, Hartline has been instrumental in the Buckeyes' offensive firepower in recent years. His innovative play-calling and ability to develop quarterbacks have made him a highly sought-after coach. While he may not have head coaching experience, his energy, enthusiasm, and proven track record of success could make him a dynamic leader for Syracuse.
  5. Curt Cignetti: The head coach at James Madison University, Cignetti has a reputation for building winning programs from the ground up. He has led James Madison to multiple Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) championships and has a knack for recruiting and developing talented players. His experience in turning around struggling programs could be a valuable asset for Syracuse.
These are just a few of the many talented coaches who could potentially succeed as Syracuse University's next football coach. The decision ultimately rests with the university's athletic leadership, who will carefully evaluate each candidate's qualifications, experience, and potential fit with the program's culture and goals. The goal is to find a coach who can not only restore Syracuse to prominence in the ACC but also instill a winning mentality and a culture of excellence that will last for years to come.

It is kind of funny that there are false statements about each candidate listed.

To me, at 12/1 White and Candle are the two best bets for your buck.

Mullen!
IMO, Mullen's would be bad hire for SU. Old coaches that are set in their ways never workout well. If he couldn't win at Florida he is not winning at SU. He is from the south, has always coached in the south and has no recruiting experience in the northeast. He will not bring enough good southern players north to make this type of hire worth the money. For me personally, I would like the Chesney hire. I also don't think that JW will do a retread with White as head coach or any other coach that has been on SU staff in the past.

IMO, Mullen's would be bad hire for SU. Old coaches that are set in their ways never workout well. If he couldn't win at Florida he is not winning at SU. He is from the south, has always coached in the south and has no recruiting experience in the northeast. He will not bring enough good southern players north to make this type of hire worth the money. For me personally, I would like the Chesney hire. I also don't think that JW will do a retread with White as head coach or any other coach that has been on SU staff in the past.
Mullin…..not Mullins, won at UF, just not to their liking. And he is from the north.

At the same time I agree with you, I like Chesney

Ummm he was 34-15 at Florida and that was not good enough for the SEC school.. . “Couldn’t win” YIKES! Lmfao

Dan Mullen is from Pennsylvania and was on the SU football staff in 1998 as a GA. He also coached at. Columbia, Notre Dame, Bowling Green and Wagner. He has ties to the Northeast and SU. Not saying he’s a likely hire but he checks a lot of boxes.

Mullen is from PA. He went to college in PA and played football there. He Coached at Wagner and Columbia and then Syracuse from 94-98, all NY schools, before moving to ND for 2 years. The bulk of his coaching resume from that point forward is at MSU and UF, pretty evenly between the 2. He had 1 bad year at UF, other than that he made a dreg MSU program (29-65 in the 8 years prior to his arrival) a consistent winner in the SEC (69-46, 8 bowl seasons in 9 seasons there, 5 of 9 seasons winning conference records in the SEC). Went 34-15 at UF, 69% winning % and had a 76% winning % heading into his last season which I agree stunk there. But prior to that, 3 of 3 winning seasons in conference in the SEC, 2 10+ win seasons and 2 top 10 finishes.

By being in the SEC, that makes him relevant in GA/FL, 2 of our most important recruiting grounds. And he has NE roots in addition to that.

Other than that, yeah I agree completely about Mullen. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom