Big east next year. Who is going to be good???? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big east next year. Who is going to be good????

I think we will be in the top 4 atleast. Ville will be tough they have a tough 3 studs next year.
ND comes back strong with Cooley and only looses Martin(not a huge loss).
Gtown should be pretty good they lost nobody.

Obviously Uconn is getting screwed by crappy rules, but Omar Calhoon their fresh is pretty good.
Howbout Marq, Cincy, Pitt, UWV they all lose some key players?
Nova seems to be going through tough times.

Curious how Providence will do with some good fresh.

Going to be a interesting preseason.

Like the ACC, the BE will be weak and even weaker after Cuse and Putt transfer to ACC.

Lunardi pretty much agrees with comments so far

Seed-BE Team - place - conf record

01-Louisville -7 (10-8)
03-Syracuse -1 (17-1)
05-Marquette -2 (14-4)
07-Cincy -5 (12-6)
08-Pittsburgh -13 (5-13)
09-Notre Dame -3 (13-5)
10-Georgetown -4 (12-6)

Even if UConn is half decent with Napier, Boatright, Omar Calhoun, Daniels and Olander, the only tournament thay can play in is the Paradise Jam, not BE nor NCAAT, NIT nor even CBI nor CIT in post-season.

Just saw this on Twitter, but think it is to Help SWAC, MEAC and conferences like that, not a reversal on UCONN

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e-to-conform/2012/04/25/gIQAwuuChT_story.html

Ville didn't have the offense last year. The picked it up at the end of the year.

Crazy stat. Ville had something like 15 more possessions then Florida and were down about 7 points late. Then during the last 5 minutes Florida and Ville were even in possessions and Ville beat them. They were tough and clicked late.

Louisville is going to be a sexy pick because they made a nice run to the Final Four, but I am not sold on them as my league favorite this year. In a somewhat mediocre year in the Big East, they managed to drop 8 games and had a pretty poor record against other tournament teams in our conference. I can't tell if that run through the Big East Tournament to the Final Four was a vastly improved team or a team that just got hot at the right time. They were very inconsistent up to the tournaments, and inconsistent teams usually do not fair well i the Big East. With a year more of experience and invaluable tourney experience though, they could have turned a corner and be really good next year.

Yeah. Plus when you look at their tournament runs they really just beat mostly ok teams except for Mich. St. and I guess Marquette; it wasn't like they advanced thru a gauntlet off murderer's row. If New Mexico's shooting wasn't abysmal they could've easily been out the 1st weekend of the ncaa's.

The weakest BE in quite a while. Most teams lose more than they gain.
1. Louisville
2. Syracuse
By far the two best teams next year. Then a drop to the next group:

3. Notre Dame - all the key guys are back plus nice backcourt.
4. Cincy - lose Gates but still have talent.
5. Pitt - Adams is a big time 6'11 center. Chemistry will be better too.
6. Marquette - lose a lot but have guys ready to move up and play.
7. Georgetown - lose a lot especially leadership of Clark, Thompson, Sims.

Drop to next group:
8.Providence - if Ledo qualifies. Dunn joins nice young guys Henton, Batts.
9. Villanova - better front court than the teams below.
10. USF
11. UConn - very good backcourt, no front court. JC will devise something.
12. St. John's - young but Lavin can coach.

The dregs:
13. Rutgers
14. DePaul
15. Seton Hall -lose Pope & Theodore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online