Big Game Odds LSU -20 | Syracusefan.com

Big Game Odds LSU -20

Even after losing their starting QB and others? Yikes.

I think it seems reasonable, even a tad low, based on recent history.

G
Even after losing their starting QB and others? Yikes.
Less than 50% completion rate, 123 yards passing a game, was what Jennings produced last year. The QB position was a huge liability, so a change there probably wouldn't have much effect on LSU's prospects this year.

At any rate, reportedly they were there to recover stolen property of the QB, and did so. Clearly a dumb thing to do, and they face repercussions for it, but if in fact that's how it went down, the three players involved probably won't miss much time this fall. By the way the guy who they took the stuff from, has been charged for possession of stolen property (belonging to the QB).

The main result is that Jennings will be in the doghouse, and it will be easier for Harris to try to usurp his starting role. But at most Jennings will miss the first game of the year and that's it. The bigger risk is reserve DB Thomas, who was fantastic as a dime back last year before getting hurt. He took three boxes of shoes from the room, which matches what Jennings had reported stolen earlier in the week to police. If they were Jennings' shoes, then it won't be a big deal. If they weren't Jennings', and he took them as quid-pro-quo, then his future is much murkier. That would be a significant loss on the field for LSU if so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed but can't see it happening against LSU. Way too talented.
I know...

And Clemson was the freakin chance last year. If Cuse had half an Offense they would have won in Death Valley. Even though Clem was average last year, that would have beeeeenn huge.

G
Less than 50% completion rate, 123 yards passing a game, was what Jennings produced last year. The QB position was a huge liability, so a change there probably wouldn't have much effect on LSU's prospects this year.

At any rate, reportedly they were there to recover stolen property of the QB, and did so. Clearly a dumb thing to do, and they face repercussions for it, but if in fact that's how it went down, the three players involved probably won't miss much time this fall. By the way the guy who they took the stuff from, has been charged for possession of stolen property (belonging to the QB).

The main result is that Jennings will be in the doghouse, and it will be easier for Harris to try to usurp his starting role. But at most Jennings will miss the first game of the year and that's it. The bigger risk is reserve DB Thomas, who was fantastic as a dime back last year before getting hurt. He took three boxes of shoes from the room, which matches what Jennings had reported stolen earlier in the week to police. If they were Jennings' shoes, then it won't be a big deal. If they weren't Jennings', and he took them as quid-pro-quo, then his future is much murkier. That would be a significant loss on the field for LSU if so.

My understanding is they took more than what was stolen from them. So you have breaking and entering, intimidation and theft. But, it is LSU, and like FSU, Texas and others, they'll probably get off with a slap on the hand.

Clemson must have been favored by that much last fall, and if could have mounted any offense at all, we could have won that game.
Besides, I don't place much credibility in these predictions before either team has even played a game.

I remember when OJ was trying to take back property that he claimed was his...

Clemson must have been favored by that much last fall, and if could have mounted any offense at all, we could have won that game.
Besides, I don't place much credibility in these predictions before either team has even played a game.
clemson was 14.5

we are 2-22 as a 20+ dog since 1980.. neb and UL.. being the 2 wins.. 1-5 at home though.

take the points and run with them as we do well against SEC teams at home from my memories...

As an LSU fan, I say take the points. Recent history has shown LSU to play down to the level of their opponents, and I've witnessed it many times.

As an LSU fan, I say take the points. Recent history has shown LSU to play down to the level of their opponents, and I've witnessed it many times.

problem is we dont play up- one side might show up ( being generous because we all know it aint ever been the offense)

problem is we dont play up- one side might show up ( being generous because we all know it aint ever been the offense)
Those Marrone teams played up but we haven't seen it from shafer outside of the 2nd half vs clemson in the dome.