Big Time Game | Syracusefan.com

Big Time Game

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
We have another big time game this weekend in a venue that will test our team without a doubt. Great experience for the younger guys and an opportunity to continue moving in the right direction.

My question is: which game was your personal favorite "Big Time" game to watch in person either at the Dome or on the road.

My personal favorite, VT vs Syracuse in the Carrier Dome circa 1998. The throwback to Brominski happened right in front of me and I stormed the field in my formative years. This moment further solidified a love for Syracuse that has yet to diminish.

Being down pretty big at half, I remember still having a feeling that we were the better team that day and we were going to make a move in the 2nd half. My father can verify, because as he looked at me at halftime and said, do you want to get out of here early, I told him he was crazy and that we were going to make a run. Down 21-6, I told him at half that we were going to win 30-28. That prophecy didn't hold, but the W did.

As a momento of that day, I have the ESPN2 banner that hung on the guard rail directly in front of me in the 1st row. It hangs in my garage.

McNabb had 21 carriers for 121 that day on top of 15-32 for 232 and 2 TD's. He was sacked 7 times.

Maybe West Virginia the previous year?

Seemed there was a lot of buzz, it was a close game in the first quarter, then Poles returned that interception and we scored like 30 points in a row.

We have another big time game this weekend in a venue that will test our team without a doubt. Great experience for the younger guys and an opportunity to continue moving in the right direction.

My question is: which game was your personal favorite "Big Time" game to watch in person either at the Dome or on the road.

My personal favorite, VT vs Syracuse in the Carrier Dome circa 1998. The throwback to Brominski happened right in front of me and I stormed the field in my formative years. This moment further solidified a love for Syracuse that has yet to diminish.

Being down pretty big at half, I remember still having a feeling that we were the better team that day and we were going to make a move in the 2nd half. My father can verify, because as he looked at me at halftime and said, do you want to get out of here early, I told him he was crazy and that we were going to make a run. Down 21-6, I told him at half that we were going to win 30-28. That prophecy didn't hold, but the W did.

As a momento of that day, I have the ESPN2 banner that hung on the guard rail directly in front of me in the 1st row. It hangs in my garage.

McNabb had 21 carriers for 121 that day on top of 15-32 for 232 and 2 TD's. He was sacked 7 times.
So, you're the one that took the banner!

It doesn't get any bigger than the Big House.

-0f99c9d572c14720.jpg

I was there, sitting just above you. I thought McNabbs throw was going to land right in my hands!

Florida, Spurrier in the Dome 1991. I was a freshman and just thought every game would be like that.

It's as if we play a completely different sport now, even though I'm still fairly addicted.
I was there for that too! Two words, Kirby Dar Dar! Or is that three? :)

I have to say my experience seeing big time games in person is limited. I didn't get season tickets until after McNabb left. I was at the game in '98. I found that game annoying because it seemed like the refs were jobbing us, especially on that return where the VaTech guy "fumbled" just as he was being tackled (BS, that was no fumble. It was a forward lateral) and they scored. For some reason the VaTech game in 2000 sticks out to me even though we lost. The noise and electricity in the Dome every time Freeney planted Vick was amazing. If Freeney doesn't get hurt, we win that game and who knows how many sacks he would've had.

PSU 87 followed closely by UF 91.

My favorite is the 2014 trip we took to death valley and won over Clemson with a true freshman QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom