bigger draft surprise - Dion or Malachi | Syracusefan.com

bigger draft surprise - Dion or Malachi

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
IF - IF - Malachi goes high tonight, from the ending of their final SU season ending, what surprised you more, Dion going 3rd or Malachi going in the lottery let alone the 1st Round.

Nobody thought Dion would go 3rd when his final SU buzzer went off and few thought Mal would go this high after FF. For me, if Mal goes in the lottery that will top Dion on my personal "how the F did that happen" scale.

I really hope he does.

Was reading the CNN/SI draft coverage this morning, and was suprised to see that they still don't have Mali projected in the first round, nor in the first round range when they rank their prospects. I don't put much stock in mock drafts, but I'm puzzled why they've excluded him consistently, when everyone else seems to have Richardson as a potential lottery selection.

Hope that they are right and SI is wrong.

I really hope he does.

Was reading the CNN/SI draft coverage this morning, and was suprised to see that they still don't have Mali projected in the first round, nor in the first round range when they rank their prospects. I don't put much stock in mock drafts, but I'm puzzled why they've excluded him consistently, when everyone else seems to have Richardson as a potential lottery selection.

NBA Mock Draft 6.0: Bender falls out of top five

This has him at 17 were you looking at a different version?

IF - IF - Malachi goes high tonight, from the ending of their final SU season ending, what surprised you more, Dion going 3rd or Malachi going in the lottery let alone the 1st Round.

Nobody thought Dion would go 3rd when his final SU buzzer went off and few thought Mal would go this high after FF. For me, if Mal goes in the lottery that will top Dion on my personal "how the F did that happen" scale.

Not to nit, but Waiters went 4th to the Cavs in '12 draft. Now, if Cleveland only had Waiters in the finals vs. Kyrie I think the Cavs may have swept GS. ;):)

Too lazy to look up the other potential destinations for Dion in that draft. I was just shocked that the Cavs took him. He's not and will never be a 2G. He needs the ball in his hands. Irving is more of a 2G playing PG. Or maybe they just saw Irving and Waiters as more interchangeable parts. IDK.

Dion going 4.

There is a huge difference in expectations between a guy at 4 and a guy that goes at the back end of the lottery or mid-first round.

Malachi has the size and fundamentals to be a very solid 2G in the NBA.

Too lazy to look up the other potential destinations for Dion in that draft. I was just shocked that the Cavs took him. He's not and will never be a 2G. He needs the ball in his hands. Irving is more of a 2G playing PG. Or maybe they just saw Irving and Waiters as more interchangeable parts. IDK.

Yep...and I was quite surprised as well, most people in and around Cleveland were thinking Harrison Barnes.

I really hope he does.

Interesting that Ford (who has been the most bullish on Mal) has dropped him to 22nd today. Also, people are now saying he has no guarantee with Memphis and they are torn between him or Malik Beasley.

I really hope he does.

FYI CNN/SI closed in 2002. they still had a partial agreement for a few years after that - but CNN's sports arm is now bleacher report.

I typed in cnnsi.com for at least 5 years after it closed and it would auto redirect you to si.com - but I just find it amazing the type of staying power it had for being as unpopular as it was because you can't even get to SI.com through cnnsi.com anymore. amazing branding - terrible execution.

man... i hate sounding like the editor here, but Dion went #4

Interesting that Ford (who has been the most bullish on Mal) has dropped him to 22nd today. Also, people are now saying he has no guarantee with Memphis and they are torn between him or Malik Beasley.

Tough call between Beasley and Malachi, imo. I'd probably go Beasley but that's just me.

FYI CNN/SI closed in 2002. they still had a partial agreement for a few years after that - but CNN's sports arm is now bleacher report.

I typed in cnnsi.com for at least 5 years after it closed and it would auto redirect you to si.com - but I just find it amazing the type of staying power it had for being as unpopular as it was because you can't even get to SI.com through cnnsi.com anymore. amazing branding - terrible execution.

Who knew? When I type cnnsi as a search criteria into google, it takes me right to the SI page. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom