Bilas | Syracusefan.com

Bilas

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
One of the few I have seen picking Syracuse. Makes the case that WVU could never win purely from the outside under Beilein and that Burke will need to drive, but that Syracuse's length will make life on the inside hard. Says that Syracuse's ability to almost convert zone to a 2-2-1 which madness entry passes that much harder will be key.

"It was difficult for Beilein when he saw it twice a year. ..he sees it less now"

Love the fact that everyone is picking Michigan, it is much better to be the underdog. People forget that Indiana had a much better offense than Michigan and we would never lose to a team that plays a sloppy zone like penn state. In a packed dome with all the pressure of the event, it's not so easy to make jump shots when you won't be getting open looks. I was hoping not to play Kansas or Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised at the amount of love being given to Michigan. I am not upset, because I like the team flying under the radar. I thought that the team would be getting more love from the so-called experts. All seem to be talking about how much damage McGary will do down low. Did they watch what happened to Cody Zeller? I am aware that Michigan has some good perimeter shooters. However, the guys that they were shooting over against Florida were 4-5 inches shorter than what they will face against the zone.

I am surprised at the amount of love being given to Michigan. I am not upset, because I like the team flying under the radar. I thought that the team would be getting more love from the so-called experts. All seem to be talking about how much damage McGary will do down low. Did they watch what happened to Cody Zeller? I am aware that Michigan has some good perimeter shooters. However, the guys that they were shooting over against Florida were 4-5 inches shorter than what they will face against the zone.
No swear, Michigan has brooms to practice against us lol... The only team I was worried about was Indiana, after that, I've had no fear!!!! I'm not even afraid of playing Louisville... Who don't even realize how much they will miss ware until its too late.

No swear, Michigan has brooms to practice against us lol... The only team I was worried about was Indiana, after that, I've had no fear!!!! I'm not even afraid of playing Louisville... Who don't even realize how much they will miss ware until its too late.

Did Beilein measure the court when they got there . . . you know, to show the team the rims are 10 feet off the floor and the free throw line is 15 feel from the backboard?

McGary had a pretty good g ame against Withey though

McGary had a pretty good g ame against Withey though
I was hoping we were going to have a shot on McGary. He's a rock and only a freshman right now. I doubt he'll stay another year or two in college before he's gone.

The broom part is proof enough that these guys have never seen anything like this Syracuse team.

I don't know how much water the broom story holds, but if Beilein is really doing that it reminds me of Rick Barnes using 6 men on D in practice back in 03 to prep for the zone...and look how that went. If you're using gimmicks to simulate our zone, I feel like you're preparing even less effectively than if you merely tried to duplicate it.

I don't know how much water the broom story holds, but if Beilein is really doing that it reminds me of Rick Barnes using 6 men on D in practice back in 03 to prep for the zone...and look how that went. If you're using gimmicks to simulate our zone, I feel like you're preparing even less effectively than if you merely tried to duplicate it.
Well, Texas did score 83 in that game

I was most worried with Indiana, I feel that nothing is in our way now. Non Orange fans need to realize we beat Ville on the road without Southerland and for 1/2 of the title game we owned them. Taking nothing away from Ville we gave it as much as they took it. We are winning it all!!! I think JB uses same strategy as the Indiana game and use his big guards. I also think CJ is going off.

Love the fact that everyone is picking Michigan, it is much better to be the underdog. People forget that Indiana had a much better offense than Michigan and we would never lose to a team that plays a sloppy zone like penn state. In a packed dome with all the pressure of the event, it's not so easy to make jump shots when you won't be getting open looks. I was hoping not to play Kansas or Florida.

I mean, most of our losses have come to teams who play a sloppy zone. Much sloppier than ours, for sure. Execution agains the zone sure isn't our strong suit.

Anyway, I like this underdog thing. Reminiscent of all the attention paid to Mississippi State in 1996 - they were the better team with great guards who'd won its way through the strongest region. That worked out pretty well.

Even if they go off from 3, it doesn't mean we lose. I was in Boston last spring to see Wisc -- another team with a nice PG and perimeter shooters -- make 14 3s and still lose. Mich still has to defend us and if we are patient, can exploit some matchups by our 4 perimeter players. Admittedly, our offense isn't as reliable as last year, but perhaps it doesn't need to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom