Bill Raftery is getting his chance to call the Final 4 on TV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bill Raftery is getting his chance to call the Final 4 on TV

Bilas has started to nag on ref's or the rules way too much, and goes on and on about it. I think it's more important to him to analyze the refs than the players.

I agree. He is intelligent and makes excellent points but instead of commenting he constantly harps on each point taking away from the actual game analysis. His previous astute commentary with the old team is beginning to sound like haughty gotcha's. No better team than Bilas, Raf and Sean - so sad they split them up - perfect synergy.

Bilas has started to nag on ref's or the rules way too much, and goes on and on about it. I think it's more important to him to analyze the refs than the players.

Like yesterday during UNC v Vir... he couldn't let it go about one out of bounds play and how long it took to call it/figure it out.

big mondays used to make it feel like the big east owned college basketball, and sean, billy and jay just seemed like they were ours; the joy and interest they brought to each broadcast -- not to mention their familiarity with the players, coaches and history of the conference -- made it seem like the big east was the only conference they cared about. (it didn't hurt that they were all big fans of both JB and s.u. to boot.)

the three of them combined to make the best broadcast team in any sport, college or pro, ever. period. they were so naturally funny and self-deprecating, and they played off of each other perfectly (for instance, there wasn't a single game where comments weren't made about billy drinking or that he never picked up the check at dinner).

and i loved the fact that jay not only went after the refs, but that he also let the ncaa have it as well, whether it concerned rules that he thought should be changed, or his refusal to refer to the play-in game as the first round of the ncaa tournament without adding that it was the round where the other 63 teams had byes.

you could tell the three of them knew they were a part of something special, and that their broadcasts were more than merely calling the games.

eventually new rivalries will form in the acc, and s.u. fans will become more acclimated with the players and coaches, but nothing will replace those big monday broadcasts.

Nantz and Sean are both play-by-play guys, it would have to be Bilas replacing Grant Hill.

I like Grant Hill and he has been a class act his entire career, but he's just SOOOOO boring.
Hill's turrible

Nantz and Sean are both play-by-play guys, it would have to be Bilas replacing Grant Hill.

I like Grant Hill and he has been a class act his entire career, but he's just SOOOOO boring.

Nantz,Raf,and Bilas would be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom