Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Bills 2024 Thread - Misery loves company

Don't know anything about him but only 3 time captain in school history at a high education spot and 1st team all-acc is a bunch of positive words.

I like this draft for the Bills thus far.

Three players who should be in the rotation or better right away.

7 more picks to take some flyers on, and maybe hit a couple home runs a la Benford.

Big. Good at contested catches, poor at creating separation. 40 time was not good, but if you like play speed, he had the top speed in the gauntlet drill at the combine.

PFF's draft profile:
Coleman is a top-tier athlete for the position from an explosiveness standpoint. His burst, top speed and leaping ability are All-Pro caliber. However, the lack of agility in his game limits his route tree and ability to separate from defensive backs. Those who love above-the-rim (full pun intended), alpha-type receivers will be big fans, but his inability to consistently separate means he won't be for everyone.

PROS​

• Very impressive athlete for a player his size. He is very explosive and strong.
  • Some of the most impressive contested catches you'll see.
  • Active, strong hands when he's lined up against press coverage.

CONS​

• Not a lot of lateral agility — if defenders get him going east-to-west, they can keep up with him.
  • For as athletic as he is, not a big yards-after-catch receiver.
  • Lack of separation is an issue. Contested catches are his strength, but every catch seems to be contested
  • Limited route tree — basic vertical stem.
I don’t know. There is high JJ Stokes potential here

In discussing Jalen Carter, Brandon Beane throws shade on North Carolina.
“He has the intelligence factor,” he said. “Obviously, he went to Duke, not North Carolina."

the RB showed well in games I watched last yr. Actually ranked higher than the ones above him and can catch the ball.

by not taking the 2nd WR, I think i would have taken the Iowa Corner and the rest wouldn't have been all that much different. I think we get just as good a WR later on, but probably not as physical.

Really the Wash guy is a bit more elusive than Diggs and we upgraded the Big WR with one that can actually catch. I guess they go looking for something in the off season now.

I'm honestly not overly surprised we didn't take a second receiver. I think they are treating Shorter as basically another rookie receiver this year. Need to figure out whether or not he's gonna be someone worth keeping around.

I'm honestly not overly surprised we didn't take a second receiver. I think they are treating Shorter as basically another rookie receiver this year. Need to figure out whether or not he's gonna be someone worth keeping around.
Samuels replaces Diggs
Coleman replaces Davis.
I'm intrigued by the upside.

I have my doubts about Samuels as a #1, if that’s how it all shakes out. We shall see.
Yeah idk but sure hoping he's better than Diggs in the second half of the season.