Bills fans | Syracusefan.com

Bills fans

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
So what do you think of the draft so far? I'm usually more positive than I probably should be but I'm not thrilled about the Ronald Darby pick with Maxx Williams and AJ Cann still available in round 2. From what I have read so far about him, I do like the John Miller pick in the 3rd round.

I wanted Maxx Williams, Randy Gregory or AJ Cann. Didn't really see Darby on our radar at all although he was a mid second rounder in virtually every mock draft. Also, after reading up on him and hearing analysis, he seems like the perfect Rex Ryan cornerback and his ball skills in question can be coached up. Speed and cover skills, which he has, can't. I actually think he will be CB2 opposite Gilmore very soon as McKelvin is getting older albeit still a very solid corner and Robey will do his thing with Graham possibly moving to safety.

Gilmore-Darby-McKelvin-Robey A. Williams-Graham That's a pretty dope secondary.

I think they passed on AJ Cann because they had John Miller targeted in the 3rd from the jump. Seems like Miller could get coached up and start immediately at guard.

Karlos Williams was another surprise pick but I do love his running style. I think he's the perfect compliment to Shady. I don't like that this means we possibly cut Brown or Dixon but Dixon doesn't seem like what we want at RB and Rex will straight up drop you if you have fumbling issues...which Brown certainly has. RB is a forward thinking need considering FJax has one or two years left and who knows if we keep Brown and Dixon.

Tony Steward was apparently a higher rated prospect than Stephone Anthony but was taken off most teams draft boards due to medical issues. Hes healthy now and Rex with his Clemson connections probably thought he was worth the risk. He will be a depth LB if he makes the team with starting talent.

Loveeeeee Nick O'Leary. Not the flashiest guy but he makes plays and is tailor made as TE2 or H-Back for Romans offense.

Pretty much everyone is calling Dezmin Lewis one of the steals of the draft. Mocked as high as the 4th round and we snagged him in the 7th. 6'4 WR. Gives us a big target if he makes the team.

Overall, not a flashy draft but I think we got a lot of Kiko/Preston Brown types. Not on anyone's radar but ended up being great draft picks.

I wanted Maxx Williams, Randy Gregory or AJ Cann. Didn't really see Darby on our radar at all although he was a mid second rounder in virtually every mock draft. Also, after reading up on him and hearing analysis, he seems like the perfect Rex Ryan cornerback and his ball skills in question can be coached up. Speed and cover skills, which he has, can't. I actually think he will be CB2 opposite Gilmore very soon as McKelvin is getting older albeit still a very solid corner and Robey will do his thing with Graham possibly moving to safety.

Gilmore-Darby-McKelvin-Robey A. Williams-Graham That's a pretty dope secondary.

I think they passed on AJ Cann because they had John Miller targeted in the 3rd from the jump. Seems like Miller could get coached up and start immediately at guard.

Karlos Williams was another surprise pick but I do love his running style. I think he's the perfect compliment to Shady. I don't like that this means we possibly cut Brown or Dixon but Dixon doesn't seem like what we want at RB and Rex will straight up drop you if you have fumbling issues...which Brown certainly has. RB is a forward thinking need considering FJax has one or two years left and who knows if we keep Brown and Dixon.

Tony Steward was apparently a higher rated prospect than Stephone Anthony but was taken off most teams draft boards due to medical issues. Hes healthy now and Rex with his Clemson connections probably thought he was worth the risk. He will be a depth LB if he makes the team with starting talent.

Loveeeeee Nick O'Leary. Not the flashiest guy but he makes plays and is tailor made as TE2 or H-Back for Romans offense.

Pretty much everyone is calling Dezmin Lewis one of the steals of the draft. Mocked as high as the 4th round and we snagged him in the 7th. 6'4 WR. Gives us a big target if he makes the team.

Overall, not a flashy draft but I think we got a lot of Kiko/Preston Brown types. Not on anyone's radar but ended up being great draft picks.

Great post. I'm more encouraged about Darby now that I have read a little about him. I also really like the O'Leary pick and Lewis sounds like he could be a steal. I read somewhere that Brown was the mostly likely to go of the RBs. It may have just been someone's opinion though - I've read a bunch the last couple days so hard to keep it straight. I didn't realize Steward was so highly rated if not injuries. That's encouraging because he is the one pick I hadn't read too much about yet.

Hey longislandcuse - what do you think about Rex meeting with La'el Collins? Obviously we have to be careful and make sure he had nothing to do with the murder or anything illegal. But if he didn't, I'd take a chance on him in a heartbeat. That would be a steal to get a first rounder as an undrafted free agent.

Hey longislandcuse - what do you think about Rex meeting with La'el Collins? Obviously we have to be careful and make sure he had nothing to do with the murder or anything illegal. But if he didn't, I'd take a chance on him in a heartbeat. That would be a steal to get a first rounder as an undrafted free agent.
I would LOVE this!!

He would make our offensive line an absolute force

Re-signing Alex Carrington was another great depth move for the Defensive Line. I'm assuming they had an under the table agreement before the draft which is why they didn't take a DE/DT at any point. Carrington-Lawson-Charles-Bryant is some nice D-line depth if that's what they plan on rolling into the season with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom