Billy Kennedy | Syracusefan.com

Billy Kennedy

longislandcuse

Living Legend
SC Featured segment right now talking about Billy Kennedy at Texas A&M and his battle with Parkinson's...and the negative recruiting against him for having that disease Oh Lord.

How does a coach sleep at night negative recruiting because a rival coach has Parkinson's..

SC Featured segment right now talking about Billy Kennedy at Texas A&M and his battle with Parkinson's...and the negative recruiting against him for having that disease Oh Lord.

How does a coach sleep at night negative recruiting because a rival coach has Parkinson's..

Recruiting is such an ugly business, sadly I am sure they use it.

Is Parkinson's hereditary at all? My grandmother had it.

Could be wrong but I believe JB absolutely SLAMMED negative recruiting a couple years back. Said it's pathetic or something along those lines.

My mom's Dr (Cleveland Clinic) said no. I hope not, she passed at age 59

I wish you hadn't gone through that, man. Thank you for this information. I haven't studied it much and the most I had seen was inconclusive. I suppose it wouldn't hurt me to see if there are things I can do to help avoid it. The only thing I recall(because I read it not terribly long ago) was smoking cigarettes. Actually, I think that was for Alzheimer's, which my grandfather had.

On a semi-related note, I'm debating whether to send in a kit to 23andme.com to see what I can learn about my medical makeup after uploading the dna results to a couple of different sites. It could turn out interesting, even if not immediately practical.

Unfortunately, it's a symptom of our culture...where winning at all cost, self interest, greed, personal gain, etc., trumps human decency all too often.

Rooting for BK and aTm to make a deep run.

Yep. Really like them. He's a terrific coach. Those guys play hard. If House keeps rolling that gives them a stud-type player to go along with a well balanced team.

Unfortunately, it's a symptom of our culture...where winning at all cost, self interest, greed, personal gain, etc., trumps human decency all too often.

Agree with Briancuse above, it's a tough and smarmy business, alright. While not condoning anything like it, let's try to remember that adults earn their living coaching basketball, and if they're not successful they'll soon be out of a job. It causes people to make questionable decisions and do strange things, sometimes. Not everybody gets to recruit private school kids every year like Coach K does, and it's one of the more unfortunate realities in this game we all love. And I'm with OrlandoCuse, hoping they make a deep run, and that it might help put an end to some of those questionable practices.

Last edited:

One of the more magnificent AH's of our time, Rush Limbaugh, on Michael J Fox:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."​

While not condoning anything like it, let's try to remember that adults earn their living coaching basketball, and if they're not successful they'll soon be out of a job. It causes people to make questionable decisions and do strange things, sometimes. Not everybody gets to recruit private school kids every year like Coach K does, and it's one of the more unfortunate realities in this game we all love. And I'm with OrlandoCuse, hoping they make a deep run, and that it might help put an end to some of those questionable practices.

Yes, it's their livelihood, one in which they get paid a tremendous amount of money at. With all that money, creates a lifestyle that they want to maintain, and, in doing so, certainly can have an impact on one's scruples. In my view, a person with integrity and character will not stoop to that level, regardless of the pressures that come with winning, maintaining the status quo, etc. as it would be in direct conflict with their belief system. As you mentioned, we are talking about "adults" who clearly know right from wrong. It's a conscious, individual free will choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom