Blast from the past... | Syracusefan.com

Blast from the past...

cto

Administrator
While I was waiting for my much-delayed Jet Blue flight at the Syracuse airport this morning, a man walked up to me and said "Aren't you Joyce?"

After I replied in the affirmative, he introduced himself as Bill Lxxx, and said he was the father of Beth Ann ... a delightful young woman who posted here many years ago while she was a high school and college student in Syracuse. Bill reminded me that we had met when he and his daughter (then a high school student) attended one of the first Boeheim "Basket Balls."

Anyhow, for those who fondly remember Beth Ann, her Dad reports that she is married and a lawyer and lives in Stamford, CT... not far from me.

Just amazing that her Dad recognized me after one meeting that we decided took place 16 years ago (when Beth Ann was about 16 years old). And I thought others who remember Beth Ann might be interested in learning where she is now.

Last edited:
That sure is a blast from the past. Glad she is doing so well. I used to talk to her a lot cause she lived near me and I gave her a ride a couple times to the Dome. Think I met her dad at her house one time too.

That is good to hear. I am very happy for Beth Anne. She was always really nice. I just hope she remains a Syracuse fan...

Last edited:
She's doing great. Married, a lawyer, and still a Cuse fan, of course.

Her buddy, Chari, the brother of an SU player from our NC team, graduated from college and is also doing very well working in a hospital down south as a therapist.

Such nice people we've been fortunate to get to know over the years because of SU sports.

Wonderful that her dad remembered you and your kindness to her. I bet there aren't many flights that you can take, that you don't know someone or that someone doesn't know you. :)

Her buddy, Chari, the brother of an SU player from our NC team, graduated from college and is also doing very well working in a hospital down south as a therapist.

Such nice people we've been fortunate to get to know over the years because of SU sports.

Wonderful that her dad remembered you and your kindness to her. I bet there aren't many flights that you can take, that you don't know someone or that someone doesn't know you. :)
Yes, Chari! She was Ronneil Herron's sister! Another lovely young woman. Glad to hear she also is doing well.

I had lunch with both Chari and Beth last summer. I'm quite friendly with Chari, but it was great to see both of them. I told Beth to check out the board, don't know if she's doing so.

While I was waiting for my much-delayed Jet Blue flight at the Syracuse airport this morning, a man walked up to me and said "Aren't you Joyce?"

After I replied in the affirmative, he introduced himself as Bill Lxxx, and said he was the father of Beth Ann ... a delightful young woman who posted here many years ago while she was a high school and college student in Syracuse. Bill reminded me that we had met when he and his daughter (then a high school student) attended one of the first Boeheim "Basket Balls."

Anyhow, for those who fondly remember Beth Ann, her Dad reports that she is married and a lawyer and lives in Stamford, CT... not far from me.

Just amazing that her Dad recognized me after one meeting that we decided took place 16 years ago (when Beth Ann was about 16 years old). And I thought others who remember Beth Ann might be interested in learning where she is now.
phew, she turned out ok.

i will tell raoul the good news!!... the dark cloud which we always wondered about can be lifted forever, for we no longer have to find a way in a court to blame you for allowing us to take her out drinking after a BET game when she was clearly...under 21 we will say.

'you see your Honor, we are not responsible people. we should not have been put in this position. the Responsible people, allowed her to come with us...this cannot be our fault. even if she threw away a future career as a lawyer to hang in the underground of NYC, even if 1 night with us is the birth of such abhorable behavior...any resulting life choices cannot be layed at our feet. for the UNresponsible, should never be put in situations where they have to BE responsible. thank you.'

phew, she turned out ok.

i will tell raoul the good news!!... the dark cloud which we always wondered about can be lifted forever, for we no longer have to find a way in a court to blame you for allowing us to take her out drinking after a BET game when she was clearly...under 21 we will say.

'you see your Honor, we are not responsible people. we should not have been put in this position. the Responsible people, allowed her to come with us...this cannot be our fault. even if she threw away a future career as a lawyer to hang in the underground of NYC, even if 1 night with us is the birth of such abhorable behavior...any resulting life choices cannot be layed at our feet. for the UNresponsible, should never be put in situations where they have to BE responsible. thank you.'

I met her on the internet!

phew, she turned out ok.

WOW.. I remember that night. Corrupting the morals of a minor. But I decided Beth Ann was smart enough to figure out how to handle whatever trouble you guys got her into.

WOW.. I remember that night. Corrupting the morals of a minor. But I decided Beth Ann was smart enough to figure out how to handle whatever trouble you guys got her into.
She was. Nice girl.

There was a surreal moment when hit us that we just weren't out with friends on a mini pub crawl...we had 'custody of a charge'.

Which for a couple of guys in their mid 20s (cough...early 30s) that was a challenge.

Raoul: you know, we can't go to far because we can't let her walk back to the hotel.
UEO: now u say that. this our 3rd bar, 4th if you count the Blarney. I don't even know which way we went, North? South?
Raoul: East. Your call.
UEO: ...oh yeah...Don't worry, just put her in a cab, I'll split it with you.
Raoul: can't do that, we're going to see Joyce tomorrow, can't tell her we got drunk and tossed her in a cab at 3.
UEO: shlit, you're right. Well, she's talking to Steph, that's good, she's cool.
Raoul: Steph just did a shot with her.
UEO: good lord. A real one? Or one of those fancy funky girly watered down ones?
Raoul: it was Steph
UEO: shlit...Ok, all good, Beth seems fine. Let's go back over.
Raoul: wait, she's in college right??
UEO: dude, I'm not sure. I think she just got accepted and is Joyce's guest.
Raoul: gotta be a freshman, tell me she's a freshman, so she's at least 18 maybe 19
UEO: I don't know, but I was drinking in bars in high school
Raoul: yeah, because the drinking age was 18 and you were 21!
UEO: haha. Come on, Let's go.
Raoul: can't yet.
UEO: why not? Come on...I think your buddy marky mark over there is eyeing her up.
Raoul: I just bought shots
UEO: Jesus...alright...well let's do these before the preppy killer steps in.
Raoul: you want a beer too?
UEO: yeah. Get her 1 as well.

phew, she turned out ok.

No worries. Statute of limitations and all.
Just to be sure, you might want to consult an attorney. Maybe Beth Ann? :)

No worries. Statute of limitations and all.
Just to be sure, you might want to consult an attorney. Maybe Beth Ann? :)
I heard that her experience that night actually prompted her interest in being a lawyer. :eek: ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom