Bobby Hurley, Sr.: HS Hoops Has Become Free Agent System | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Hurley, Sr.: HS Hoops Has Become Free Agent System

It's happening here locally as well. CBA and JD seem to be recruiting all the other districts for their best players. My son played pick-up at the Y with a real good 9th grader over the weekend. His current district is Syracuse/Henninger. His family is moving to the JD district at the end of the school year. CBA grabbed up a couple of studs from the northern burbs last off season. They aren't the only ones, mind you, but they seem to be the most active, for sure.

CBA was doing that in the 80's and 90's. And playing class C to boot. Local coaches hate the Catholic schools as they have unfair recruiting opportunities.
Now on the other hand if I lived in the Syracuse area and CBA wanted my son/daughter I would jump at the opportunity, top academics and coaching plus discipline.

I have no problem with transferring between school years, but the transferring during the school year has to stop. School, even the basketball factories, is still about academics, or at least it should be. How the heck are so many kids changing classes school year and keeping up?