Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim

Blind loyalty is not a positive trait in my opinion.
I would think that blind loyalty in this case would be having belief that there was an issue or knowing that there as an issue still coming out and supporting him. If you dont have any reason to believe it or no nothing about it I dont think that it is blind loyalty. Him coming out know and saying...this tape is cut and pasted, they dont have any other evidence...blah blah blah to me that would be blind loyalty. Semantics...Possibly

Many of us are sitting here hoping the University doesn't take the next step and fire JB, but is there a chance that JB continues to support Bernie and resigns because he feels Bernie is unfairly and too quickly terminated? He still hasn't been proved guilty of having done anything.

I certainly expect JB to be apologetic.

I can't imagine the school not reprimanding JB in some way, whether its a verbal reprimand, suspension, or firing. If it's a suspension, I wonder if would accept it or just say to hell with it.

Think of what he must be going through right now. It is clear he believed without question Bernie's innocence. Think of how you would feel if you found out such a thing about a trusted friend and/or colleague. He is stunned. His world has tilted. Yes, he will do the right thing. And how could he not know? Because people keep secret things they are ashamed of. All of us walk around with secrets, but very few with the kind Bernie was keeping. Boeheim is agonized right now. This last week has to be one of the worst of his life, if not THE worst. I trust Coach to do the right thing when the time is right.

Think of what he must be going through right now. It is clear he believed without question Bernie's innocence. Think of how you would feel if you found out such a thing about a trusted friend and/or colleague. He is stunned. His world has tilted. Yes, he will do the right thing. And how could he not know? Because people keep secret things they are ashamed of. All of us walk around with secrets, but very few with the kind Bernie was keeping. Boeheim is agonized right now. This last week has to be one of the worst of his life, if not THE worst. I trust Coach to do the right thing when the time is right.

Well said.

Yeah, this is certainly not how an adult should conduct himself. If Boeheim had just stopped with "I support Bernie," there would be no issue. Boeheim was either too arrogant or too stupid in this situation. Either way he is a poor example.
He acted reflexively as many of us might for a friend of 50 years. Too much? Yes. Arrogant or stupid? Not so much.

I'd bet you'd give your finger you are pointing at JB for a friend like him.

Very well said.It puts the rest of the crap in this thread to shame.

glad youre still posting :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom