Boeheim's candor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's candor

You can tell last night when JB was talking about Dave Gavitt and the BE that he was sad about what the BE has become and what is happening. I know he understands that Syracuse moving to the ACC is the best thing for the school, however it doesn't mean you can be sad and miss what was and has become the BE.

Down here in the South, BBQ and seafood are big. Can get all types of seafood, cooked all different ways. BBQ, same thing...although you could say it is different than Memphis or Kansas City style BBQ.

Not a big fan of the Waffle Houses...there is a good waffle restaurant here in Panama City that I like, The Waffle Shoppe...they make a good ghoulash. Hash browns, onions, cheese, peppers, etc. Very good...although can't eat there alot, my arteries would not be able to take it.

I will have to start scoping out Tallahassee restaurants in preparation for next season, so can let people know some of the good places to go.

Actually what may not be a bad idea to have a person or two from the board that lives by each of the ACC schools to start scoping out restaurants, bars, etc. and have a thread dedicated to their areas to provide information. Maybe even have a separate forum for this?

Jim's comment cracked me up. I guess Jim knows that Denny's headquarters is located in Spartanburg, just a short distance up I-85 from Clemson. Denny's are located all over SC. Since my wife won't go in one (or a Waffle House) I guess I won't get to see Jim when he travels to the Carolinas!
LOL Sounds like my wife, but she would add Huddle House to your list.

Jim's comment cracked me up. I guess Jim knows that Denny's headquarters is located in Spartanburg, just a short distance up I-85 from Clemson. Denny's are located all over SC. Since my wife won't go in one (or a Waffle House) I guess I won't get to see Jim when he travels to the Carolinas!
I once got a "sneezer" salad at a Waffle House.
Fortunately, I saw the culinary touch being added and suddenly lost my appetite.
Could never go back into one.

So the suggestion is what, Jim?

That we cancel all of the changes in conferences so that you can eat at your favorite Italian joint in Providence?

It's a good think he's joking. I hope the ACC fans get the joke.

You can tell last night when JB was talking about Dave Gavitt and the BE that he was sad about what the BE has become and what is happening. I know he understands that Syracuse moving to the ACC is the best thing for the school, however it doesn't mean you can be sad and miss what was and has become the BE.

Down here in the South, BBQ and seafood are big. Can get all types of seafood, cooked all different ways. BBQ, same thing...although you could say it is different than Memphis or Kansas City style BBQ.

I think I recall hearing that JB doesn't like seafood at all (he could give me his portion). In fact I think I recall JB distinctly saying "I don't like fishy" ;)

So the suggestion is what, Jim?

That we cancel all of the changes in conferences so that you can eat at your favorite Italian joint in Providence?

It's a good think he's joking. I hope the ACC fans get the joke.
Oh yeah, I'm sure the ACC fans are going to loooove his sense of humor. ;-)

Yeah it has taken a while for my wife's family (born and raised in Panama City, FL) to get used to that typical NE sarcasm and humor.

Truer words were never spoken. That dry Upstate NY "humor" will go over like a lead balloon. Our fan base hardly understands it. There's no chance it'll be understood as JB intends it by the hopelessly earnest UNC fans.

Truer words were never spoken. That dry Upstate NY "humor" will go over like a lead balloon. Our fan base hardly understands it. There's no chance it'll be understood as JB intends it by the hopelessly earnest UNC fans.
Yup. He already insulted Greensboro concerning the conference tournament. Off to a good start.

Yeah, because that makes everyone safer.

Te data actually demonstrates it does.

When I first moved to Texas, the Dallas paper reported a shooting in a 7-11 in Oak Cliff.

A person in line pulled a gun on the clerk and demanded the cash from the till. The guy in line behind the guy doing the stick-up shot the bandit and killed him.

The shooter was described to investigating police by the clerk as a tall short guy, who may have been a Latino or Black or white, who was wearing either a tuxedo or boots and jeans. (It was essentially a non-description)

When you pull a gun out in a store in NYC the odds are its the only gun in the store. When you do that in Texas, its a good idea to be standing in a corner.

Yup. He already insulted Greensboro concerning the conference tournament. Off to a good start.

And the problem is that he is now beyond being fired. He's untouchable. He can say anything he likes and no one --- especially at SU --- is going to challenge him.

He is free to tell the truth as he sees it.

That's why he is going to be with us for the next few years.

If you saw all the SU fans walking the streets of downtown Providence tonight, you'd be sad, too. I'm going to miss Big East basketball. Glad I made the 90 minute drive today. Well worth it.

It really is sad. Providence is a great basketball town with good fans and history. In 20 years, it'll be a funny bit of trivia that teams like Syracuse used to play there nearly every season.

I'll miss them. Hopefully they start making bids for the NCAA subregional again.

When I first moved to Texas, the Dallas paper reported a shooting in a 7-11 in Oak Cliff.

A person in line pulled a gun on the clerk and demanded the cash from the till. The guy in line behind the guy doing the stick-up shot the bandit and killed him.

The shooter was described to investigating police by the clerk as a tall short guy, who may have been a Latino or Black or white, who was wearing either a tuxedo or boots and jeans. (It was essentially a non-description)

When you pull a gun out in a store in NYC the odds are its the only gun in the store. When you do that in Texas, its a good idea to be standing in a corner.

That's not data. That's an anecdote.

Not a big fan of the Waffle Houses...there is a good waffle restaurant here in Panama City that I like, The Waffle Shoppe...they make a good ghoulash. Hash browns, onions, cheese, peppers, etc. Very good...although can't eat there alot, my arteries would not be able to take it.

I will have to start scoping out Tallahassee restaurants in preparation for next season, so can let people know some of the good places to go.

Actually what may not be a bad idea to have a person or two from the board that lives by each of the ACC schools to start scoping out restaurants, bars, etc. and have a thread dedicated to their areas to provide information. Maybe even have a separate forum for this?

I'll tell you what, as much as I make fun, The Pit in downtown Raleigh has some 99th-percentile barbeque. Great pork (obviously), but the beef brisket is the best I've had outside of central Texas.

Italian...I'm skeptical. (Though I've never understood the appeal of seeking out food that is easy to find in your hometown - I'd rather load up on the unique stuff that's usually unavailable at home.)

Just what we need...anther thread hijacked by gun control...I know we hardly have had any threads/discussions about this in the off-topic forum, so I understand why this thread would get hijacked...

I'll stop, I promise. My apologies!!!! :oops:

I think I recall hearing that JB doesn't like seafood at all (he could give me his portion). In fact I think I recall JB distinctly saying "I don't like fishy" ;)

Give the lady from the west side a Grand Slam Breakfast! Correct!

What data? Seriously -- give me a hand gun and you'll see someone accidentally shot in the foot (probably me) within two weeks. I can't take care of my cell phone for God's sake. And does that data include all the accidents that come from having guns in the home -- I can almost guarantee you it does not.

Ridiculous. More guns don't make you safer.

That's not data. That's an anecdote.

Yes, I know that. I went to college too.

The data I have seen shows that gun violence is actually lower in States that have less restrictive gun policies. Of course, that's heavily influenced by all the gun violence in cities like Washington, DC that have very restrictive laws, but lots of gun violence. But the data remains the data with a high positive correlation between restrictive gun laws and gun violence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom