Bold Predictions for the 2013 season | Syracusefan.com

Bold Predictions for the 2013 season

We will have 4 losses or less
Cooney will shoot right around 40% from 3.
Ennis will be ACC frosh of the year.
Coleman will be a monster this season.

I don't agree with any of them, though I too am optimistic about our team.

1) very ambitious, considering our schedule
2) maybe but only if it's bolstered by him shooting lights out in the non-conference. I doubt he shoots close to 40% in the ACC.
3) lots of incoming talent in the conference...first team all-frosh is more realistic
4) I'm not bullish on Coleman correcting his bad habits when he gets the ball. I think he doesn't play enough to have ahuge year because of his defensive woes. I do think we see a little improvement from him but that's about it.

I don't agree with any of them, though I too am optimistic about our team.

1) very ambitious, considering our schedule
2) maybe but only if it's bolstered by him shooting lights out in the non-conference. I doubt he shoots close to 40% in the ACC.
3) lots of incoming talent in the conference...first team all-frosh is more realistic
4) I'm not bullish on Coleman correcting his bad habits when he gets the ball. I think he doesn't play enough to have ahuge year because of his defensive woes. I do think we see a little improvement from him but that's about it.
I wasnt asking for a critique of mine, what are your predictions?

Ennis averages 6 assists/game and has a 2 A/TO ratio. Also averages 1.6 steals/game.

CJ Fair is All-ACC and 2nd team All-American. 17 & 7 and 55% FG and 41% from 3.

Jerami Grant goes off for 13 & 8/game. Gets drafted 8th overall. Saw him at the Carousel last night with BJ by the way. Great kids man. Wish we could mold them like that. Well done by their parents! OGBJ20

We win @ Duke. How do you like that RandygoCuse ? I mean RandyGoDuke.

We have a very strong fan showing in Greensborough. Brncusefvrcuse parachutes in and gets caught in the rafters. Think about it.

28 wins.

Final Four...

We will have 4 losses or less
Cooney will shoot right around 40% from 3.
Ennis will be ACC frosh of the year.
Coleman will be a monster this season.
Dr pepper 10 bold.

7 losses another trip to the final four, Cj and jerami all conference 1st and 2nd team respectively. A bjorn return and an Igor anti boeheim tirade.

I'll stick with some team items.

- I'm thinking 5-6 losses.
- Finish 2nd in ACC standings.
- Lose in ACC tourney final.
- Get a #2 seed in the Big Dance.
- If a few things come together (health and certain shooting) we make the final four.

Keita will be the 2nd most valuable player behind CJ Fair. Stats aside, he will prove to be the key anchor of the zone and play the lions share of minutes there come ACC time.

If Syracuse wants to go far this year, it will again be with defense. And with Keita at center our defense is significantly better than with either Christmas or Dejuan there.

- CJ will be the best 3Pt shooter.
- Rak/DC spend more time on the bench together than on the court together.
- We score more 50-59pt games than in last season.

CJ Fair ACC POY.
Tyler Roberson blocks Jabari Parker or James Michael McAdoo at least once.
Jerami Grant has at least one tourney game of 20+ points.
Tyler Ennis has at least 5 apg and less than 3 tpg.

We improve upon last year's tourney success.

1. Grant is a more consistant scorer as a second option then mcw or southerland were.
2. Ennis will average atleast 9 points per game.
3. Rak I think his left handed dribble and mobility and passing is going to make him seem like a totally different and better player this year. He was second in net points in canada by a good stretch and thats playing his first pf in a year and a half. And it was preseason against well oiled teams. Rak doubled Keita/ Cooney /Gbinije and nearly Dajuan in net points in canada. Rak will be the guy who makes a jump where many think he is one of the 4-5 who won't.

CJ Fair ACC POY.
Tyler Roberson blocks Jabari Parker or James Michael McAdoo at least once.
Jerami Grant has at least one tourney game of 20+ points.
Tyler Ennis has at least 5 apg and less than 3 tpg.
We improve upon last year's tourney success.
You deserve some Wilder!

You deserve some Wilder!
Speaking of, boldest prediction yet:
Matthew Wilder sings the national anthem in a game relevant to SU.
When camera pans around, most have a look of confusion as if to say "who the funk is Matthew Wilder?".

When he's done singing, he gives everybody the thumbs up.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more.
Either Trevor Cooney or BJ Johnson hit a game winning shot from outside. Doesn't necessarily have to be a three. Can be a deep two.

DC2 improves dramatically and logs the most minutes at center.
Ennis makes National all-frosh team.
Cooney goes through 2 game stretch in mid-December where he does not shoot an air ball.
JB talks about what winning 1000 games would mean to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom