Bonfire of the Vanities | Syracusefan.com

Bonfire of the Vanities

SWC75

Bored Historian
The upsets so far:

16 over 1: none

15 over 2: Norfolk State over Missouri, Lehigh over Duke (the 5th and 6th such upsets in history and the first in 11 years)

14 over 3: none

13 over 4: Ohio U. over Michigan, (it must have hurt ot lose to Ohio U)

12 over 5: Virginia Commonwealth over Wichita State (Why bet against them after last year?)

11 over 6: Colorado over UNLV and NC State over San Diego State (Watch out for the Wolfpack: I have them in myu Final Four)

10 over 7: Purdue over St. Mary's (Good for Robbie Hummel)

9 over 8: St. Louis over Memphis (The Riverboat Bowl)

Four games, (a 1-16, 2-15, a 5-12 and a 7-10 game), are still pending but the above is the historical average nubmer of first round upsets. You just have to pick the right ones.

How may did I pick? Two Oh Lord

Late results: #12 USF over #5 Temple and #10 Xavier over #7 Notre Dame. So we wound up with 10 first round upsets in 32 games. (1st round = round of 64, not the play-in games). I got a wonderful 18 games right out of 32 and have no less than 10 automatic losers in future rounds, so I'm really 18-24. I had a Final Four of Kentucky, Missouri, NC State and Florida State so at elast I've got got three of four there.

Another exercise in proving that I know nothing about college basketball. Oh Lord (And neither does anybody else! :mad: )

I think the most astonishing part is that you have NC State in the final four.

I liked them in the ACC torunament. They would have beaten UNC if they didn't get screwed by the refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom