Boston College Eli Carter. Rutgers to Florida to Boston College. How is this allowed ? | Syracusefan.com

Boston College Eli Carter. Rutgers to Florida to Boston College. How is this allowed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseHulk

Starter
You should not be allowed to transfer and play at 3 different schools during a college career.

You should not be allowed to transfer and play at 3 different schools during a college career.
Recruited to Rutgers out of HS.

Transferred to Florida and played after sitting out a year.

Graduated in four years with one year of eligibility remaining. Was able to transfer to BC since he had earned his degree.

Not saying it's right, but that's how it works. A couple others have done this, too.

What is the problem?

1) Do you have a problem with players voluntarily transferring after a year? Coaches can leave without a penalty. Why can't a player not make a voluntary choice (and actually have a penalty). Are we only going to let players leave when they are nudged out.

2) Do you have a problem with the graduate rule? After all the NCAA is an academic organization. In a system for which "academics" are conveniently used when needed to the school's advantage, we are going to make an issue of the one time it favours the player?

I think the real problem here is with Eli's last choice -- why would you go to Boston College if you have many suitors? Perhaps it was purely for academic reasons because it was certainly not to win

Last edited:
With the number of graduate transfers in the past few years, was there any buzz at all of Cooney looking elsewhere in the offseason.

I am not making an "Anti-Cooney" remark, so please don't go there. I am just wondering if there was any buzz.

With the number of graduate transfers in the past few years, was there any buzz at all of Cooney looking elsewhere in the offseason.

I am not making an "Anti-Cooney" remark, so please don't go there. I am just wondering if there was any buzz.

I recall it being discussed for both Gbinije and Cooney when it was unclear whether we'd get more than a one-season postseason ban.

It should be being discussed regarding Syracuse & its backcourt for next season. Would be much better to have four guards than three.

The irony is that typically "colleges" are thought of as undergraduate only while "universities" provide undergraduate and graduate programs. Here, he's taking advantage of a graduate degree rule at a "college".

If his first school was Rutgers I think that's more like 13th grade than actual college.

Besides anyone who goes to Rutgers out of High School should be allowed to transfer as many times as necessary to get someplace where they can be rehabilitated from that original mistake.

I would love to hear the Rules according to CuseHulk it would be an interesting read.

Cheap cold ones for everybody! No sports in small markets, you know, he's a big market kinda guy. And of course, ZERO courtside or lower level seats in stadiums, only upperdeck and standing room only, that's the only place for a real game experience.

What is the problem?

1) Do you have a problem with players voluntarily transferring after a year? Coaches can leave without a penalty. Why can't a player not make a voluntary choice (and actually have a penalty). Are we only going to let players leave when they are nudged out.

2) Do you have a problem with the graduate rule? After all the NCAA is an academic organization. In a system for which "academics" are conveniently used when needed to the school's advantage, we are going to make an issue of the one time it favours the player?

I think the real problem here is with Eli's last choice -- why would you go to Boston College if you have many suitors? Perhaps it was purely for academic reasons because it was certainly not to win
I have a problem with the graduate rule. As of the beginning of last season, not a single 5th year player--none--had attained a graduate degree. (I would guess that more than a few have bailed in the middle of their second graduate semester.)

If it had anything to do with academics, some of these guys would be getting their MA's.

I have a problem with the graduate rule. As of the beginning of last season, not a single 5th year player--none--had attained a graduate degree. (I would guess that more than a few have bailed in the middle of their second graduate semester.)

If it had anything to do with academics, some of these guys would be getting their MA's.

The NCAA institutions can't have it both ways. It can't base its entire framework using the guise of that is all about "academics", than disallow things that can be about "academics" for its athletes.

i'd like to see a mandatory must transfer after one year rule in place just to shake things up a bit every season.
let's just stop pretending it's anything about getting an education or degree and treat ncaa hoops as the pure entertainment commodity it's grown into. let's shuffle the cards after the tourney and either you're in or you're out.

I would love to hear the Rules according to CuseHulk it would be an interesting read.

1. Go for the tall beers at Applebees as opposed to the overpriced regular sized beers at Dave & Busters, other entertainment options offered at the respective establishments be damned.
2. Always sit as far away from the court as possible if you want to be considered a "real fan".
3. Syracuse should NEVER have to play 2 straight road games.
4. Syracuse should NEVER have to play 2 straight above average conference teams to start the conference season.
5. Syracuse should NEVER have to play basketball at anytime in the first 4 days after returning from a long trip.
6. College basketball players should not be allowed to transfer more than once.
7. If a a bad opponent that happened to beat Syracuse gets ANY decent win, they can no longer be considered a "bad loss" for Syracuse.
8. Only the NY Yankees are allowed to acquire big name players. Other teams that do so shall be referred to as mercenaries.
9. Contract all small market teams.

Why? Who cares? What's it to you?

Because we have to play him tomorrow and he is their leading scorer. He should not be even playing college basketball after he decided to transfer from Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom