Boston College Eli Carter. Rutgers to Florida to Boston College. How is this allowed ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boston College Eli Carter. Rutgers to Florida to Boston College. How is this allowed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrangeDW said:
Why? Who cares? What's it to you?

Can't that be asked of others in this thread also who have alternate ideas? Or in any thread about almost any topic.

Can't that be asked of others in this thread also who have alternate ideas? Or in any thread about almost any topic.

I was trying to see if he had an actual opinion on this topic....or if it was typical "Syracuse is getting screwed" stuff. Predictably it was the latter.

Because we have to play him tomorrow and he is their leading scorer. He should not be even playing college basketball after he decided to transfer from Florida.
So, we should never have to play a team with a leading scorer? Just saying "He should not be even playing college basketball after he decided to transfer from Florida" doesn't make it true.

So, we should never have to play a team with a leading scorer? Just saying "He should not be even playing college basketball after he decided to transfer from Florida" doesn't make it true.

No you should only be allowed to transfer once. No I don't want guys playing at 3 different schools.

If coach can leave a program at any time. A player should be allowed to leave a program at any time. Billy Donovan left Florida and got millions of dollars from the NBA OKC Thunder. If the kid wants to leave that is his right.

If a kid gets his degree and has eligibility left there is nothing wrong with going to another school. Schools getting the greater bargain than the athletes do thus if they accomplish the goal of graduating they are free and should be free to use the transfer loophole whatever way they seem fit.

I doubt if Syracuse gets a 5th year transfer guy who can play anybody on this board complaining about it.

Because we have to play him tomorrow and he is their leading scorer. He should not be even playing college basketball after he decided to transfer from Florida.
What if Carter had transferred to Syracuse and was one of our leading scorers? Would you remain intransigent, or would the absurdity of this particular paradox triturate you down to a state of complete emotional entropy? A mobius strip of indecision, with Cuse Hulk oscillating twixt yea and nay for all eternity?

Please let us know your thoughts; quality Cuse Hulk posts are my cowbell.

What if Carter had transferred to Syracuse and was one of our leading scorers? Would you remain intransigent, or would the absurdity of this particular paradox triturate you down to a state of complete emotional entropy? A mobius strip of indecision, with Cuse Hulk oscillating twixt yea and nay for all eternity?

Please let us know your thoughts; quality Cuse Hulk posts are my cowbell.
Kudos on using triturate and mobius strip in one post on an internet sports board.

He actually signed with St Bonaventure, tried to back out, and had to go to prep school. So while he never donned a jersey, you could add the Bonnies to this list.

Said it in other threads.

Obokoh would be 6 months younger then him if he got his redshirt year that the ncaa is taking away. Instead he will be a year and a half younger as a senior next year.

In conclusion: Does that seem fair of the Ncaa committee in any way, shape, or form?

I enjoy watching seniority in college basketball though, it makes more entertaining games.

Alsacs said:
If coach can leave a program at any time. A player should be allowed to leave a program at any time. Billy Donovan left Florida and got millions of dollars from the NBA OKC Thunder. If the kid wants to leave that is his right.

If a kid gets his degree and has eligibility left there is nothing wrong with going to another school. Schools getting the greater bargain than the athletes do thus if they accomplish the goal of graduating they are free and should be free to use the transfer loophole whatever way they seem fit.

I doubt if Syracuse gets a 5th year transfer guy who can play anybody on this board complaining about it.

Look at Todd Garham: Tulsa to Pitt to Arizona State in three years.

It should be easier for kids to transfer. Its disgusting that schools can block kids from transferring to certain schools when a coach can go wherever he wants.

Said it in other threads.

Obokoh would be 6 months younger then him if he got his redshirt year that the ncaa is taking away. Instead he will be a year and a half younger as a senior next year.

In conclusion: Does that seem fair of the Ncaa committee in any way, shape, or form?

That's one ruling by the ncaa that I won't complain about.

Ive always thought we should get first crack at every recruit and then every other D1 school can fight over the leftovers. Also, no scholarship restrictions. And I'm not referring to the sanctions. I mean infinite scholarships. But just for us. F those other guys.

What is the problem?

1) Do you have a problem with players voluntarily transferring after a year? Coaches can leave without a penalty. Why can't a player not make a voluntary choice (and actually have a penalty). Are we only going to let players leave when they are nudged out.

2) Do you have a problem with the graduate rule? After all the NCAA is an academic organization. In a system for which "academics" are conveniently used when needed to the school's advantage, we are going to make an issue of the one time it favours the player?

I think the real problem here is with Eli's last choice -- why would you go to Boston College if you have many suitors? Perhaps it was purely for academic reasons because it was certainly not to win
"academic organization"? Then how is it they can say that they are not responsible for the courses offered by universities in relation to sports scholarships if they are an academic organization. This is how they are getting away from penalizing UNC for the ridiculous academic scandal. 47% of the kids who were involved in the grades with no classes were athletes who used the major as a way to be eligible to play sports. The NCAA can penalize a school where athletes are given passing grades for legitimate classes when they don't do the work but not for getting grades where no class work is involved. Because any student can do it and thus the athlete is not being shown favoritism?

I still think that players who leave for the pros with eligibility left should be able to come back, complete their degrees and plays for the schools' team if their pro career didn't work out., it could get their career started again and it would reverse the talent drain college coaches are always complaining about. Jonny Flynn would look good on this team.

In a shocking development, the only reason to worry about Eli Carter's eligibility last night was if you took BC scoring under 30 points. Then you're probably still outraged.

I would love to hear the Rules according to CuseHulk it would be an interesting read.

1) U no call fouls on Syracuse. Ever.
2) ACC give Syracuse chacne to make scheduul first, then all other teams get scheduul later.
3) Them Sryacuse players only fly on days I'm working. All luggage handling by me only.
4) Dont never say nothing bad about JB. Ever.
5) No criitical analyze ever. Only chearleading.

I still think that players who leave for the pros with eligibility left should be able to come back, complete their degrees and plays for the schools' team if their pro career didn't work out., it could get their career started again and it would reverse the talent drain college coaches are always complaining about. Jonny Flynn would look good on this team.
I'm with ya up to the play again part. Jonny Flynn and his $12 mil bank account would probably alter some of the "balance," a team of 18-21 year old amateurs has. Players should def be allowed to come back and finish their degrees and schools should be rewarded for it. Once you go pro though, your time as a college athlete should be over. Players like Jonny could def be solid mentors for schools, and help the program in other ways.

"academic organization"? Then how is it they can say that they are not responsible for the courses offered by universities in relation to sports scholarships if they are an academic organization. This is how they are getting away from penalizing UNC for the ridiculous academic scandal. 47% of the kids who were involved in the grades with no classes were athletes who used the major as a way to be eligible to play sports. The NCAA can penalize a school where athletes are given passing grades for legitimate classes when they don't do the work but not for getting grades where no class work is involved. Because any student can do it and thus the athlete is not being shown favoritism?

Indeed they are not an academic organization.

However they do describe their role typically as "oversee student/athletes with a focus on the student aspect" -- this is what the NCAA claims to be over and over when convenient.

I am not saying that is what they actually really care about so don't shoot the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom