Bourama Sidibe | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

heard he looked pretty good this week, he like Marek needs a good year in the program re weight training and acc shape, but hes got a nose for the ball, especially offensive rebounds, runs the floor very well, and has great hands, he is much better offensive player than pc, but staff hoping PC is major defensive presence, you will see a lot of Battle at the 3 if others are not scoring , alot of battle, thorpe, and oshae and a pg

Boy a young Dieng (hoping more him than BMK) would be awesome. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do!

Boy a young Dieng (hoping more him than BMK) would be awesome. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do!

The BMK comp is more based on motor, smarts and general build (BS is stronger). Similar gate to Baye too.

The BMK comp is more based on motor, smarts and general build (BS is stronger). Similar gate to Baye too.

Right. Gotcha. Offensively let's hope for Dieng. ;)

Right. Gotcha. Offensively let's hope for Dieng. ;)

He has hands like velcro. That'll be a welcome change from what we usually have inside. I'm very excited for Sidibe, as you all can tell. I just hope he's given a big opportunity this year and given some patience by our fan base. He's going to be a beast in two years. He's not there yet and sometimes he looks very green. I watched him make some plays that really did shock me though. He can block a shot, run the floor and finish it at the other end before half of the other team is back on d. Not many guys have that capability and I saw it.

He has hands like velcro. That'll be a welcome change from what we usually have inside. I'm very excited for Sidibe, as you all can tell. I just hope he's given a big opportunity this year and given some patience by our fan base. He's going to be a beast in two years. He's not there yet and sometimes he looks very green. I watched him make some plays that really did shock me though. He can block a shot, run the floor and finish it at the other end before half of the other team is back on d. Not many guys have that capability and I saw it.

Your first hand scouting help to solidify my opinion, iommi. Sidibe's timing, positioning, footwork, ability to pivot over either shoulder and finish with either hand, and hustle are all evident on tape. It's difficult to judge his court awareness from tape.

I think that PC will get the opportunity to prove it on the floor at the start of the season. But, Sidibe is going to play, especially now that the TT option at the 5 has been removed.

Your first hand scouting help to solidify my opinion, iommi. Sidibe's timing, positioning, footwork, ability to pivot over either shoulder and finish with either hand, and hustle are all evident on tape. It's difficult to judge his court awareness from tape.

I think that PC will get the opportunity to prove it on the floor at the start of the season. But, Sidibe is going to play, especially now that the TT option at the 5 has been removed.

He has tremendous court awareness. He's light years ahead of PC in that regard. BS seems to grab a ton of loose balls around the basket and turn them into layups. He reminds me of Otis Hill with that knack for cleaning up around the basket. That should mask how raw he is on offense; he could chip in 2-3 baskets a game that way.

Last edited:
He has tremendous court awareness. He's light years ahead of PC in that regard. BS seems to grab a ton of loose balls around the basket and turn them into layups. He reminds me of Otis Hill with that knack for cleaning up around around the basket. That should mask how raw he is on offense; he could chip in 2-3 baskets a game that way.
hey Vince, you think 'Rama will be able to be smart about fouls as a frosh?

hey Vince, you think 'Rama will be able to be smart about fouls as a frosh?

Yes. He blocks shots by going straight up. I've also seen him play in foul trouble without fouling out. I do think he could pick up some fouls by trying to overcompensate for his lack of strength. The big thing is he doesn't commit a lot of stupid reach ins.

In our system, with his length, athleticism & instincts, he should have a Serge Ibaka like impact on the defensive end. offense will be a work in progress, but he should be a factor there by his 3rd year (if we're lucky enough to have him that long)

In our system, with his length, athleticism & instincts, he should have a Serge Ibaka like impact on the defensive end. offense will be a work in progress, but he should be a factor there by his 3rd year (if we're lucky enough to have him that long)

I agree 100%. He is two more seasons away from being an absolute beast.

The feedback so far has been very "vanilla" ; "plain jane" ; nothing specific re negative, but nothing positive either, I saw him play a few times, he def. has potential, really good hands, runs the floor, stamina, but he needs some time, I still have high hopes, but that is the feedback.

The feedback so far has been very "vanilla" ; "plain jane" ; nothing specific re negative, but nothing positive either, I saw him play a few times, he def. has potential, really good hands, runs the floor, stamina, but he needs some time, I still have high hopes, but that is the feedback.

Doesn't bode well for this season, hope he really comes along because right now its him or PC at the center position. Any reports on how PC has looked? Really really need him to step up, which is asking a lot.

Comparing his game to PC is not something to be excited or feel good about. PC is extremely limited from my view.

Any other tidbits on the new guys that you can share?

I wouldn't expect him to be much of an offensive threat until even his junior year, but once he learns the zone, he'll be a difference maker on the defensive end. he'll be among the conference leaders in block pct this year & next, and possibly leader in total blocks by next year. and with the roster we'll likely field next year, that's all we'll need.

Comparing his game to PC is not something to be excited or feel good about. PC is extremely limited from my view.

That's exactly my worry, if what you say has some truth that that means we could really struggle at the C position this year on both sides of the ball. And with potentially Roberts coming in as a bit of a project that still leaves the following year with a question mark. That's not the kind of news I wanted to hear.

Doesn't bode well for this season, hope he really comes along because right now its him or PC at the center position. Any reports on how PC has looked? Really really need him to step up, which is asking a lot.

The last thing we need PC to do is step up. That stepping up is what got him out of position so many times last year. He needs to just plant his arse under the rim and hold his hands as high in the air as he can.

As Jb stated, we need sidibe and PC for their defense this year. Not worried about progressing, yet limited, offensive prowess

Unless there is a light bulb moment for PC; this is good news re: Sidibe who I was pretty high on already.

Really don’t like hearing that Moyer is playing the 5 in practice.
I hope that's a disaster scenario (both Centers have fouls), or we're playing a mighty-might MM with a bunch of 6'5 guys.

Really don’t like hearing that Moyer is playing the 5 in practice.

It is odd but then again Moyer played some 2 in practice last year and that didn't make sense to me either. In fact, he was with the guards group quite a bit.

It is odd but then again Moyer played some 2 in practice last year and that didn't make sense to me either. In fact, he was with the guards group quite a bit.
Wonder if that says O and Marek are going to play a lot at forward?