Bourama Sidibe | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Again, I haven't seen too much of him, but from what I've seen, this is my basic gist of him:

My biggest concern with him is that he's very skinny at the moment. He'll get pushed around by bigger big men. He also doesn't seem to have much of a post game, if any at all, but as I get into below, he seems like an opportunistic kind of scorer that might be able to shoot it a bit from mid range.

Offensively, he shows a lot more flashes than guys like Chino and BMK showed. Looks like he can finish well with either hand and looks like he can shoot a little bit. He doesn't seem to waste his time with extra dribbles, cocking the ball back on dunks, etc. For example, one of my biggest complaints about Coleman is that he'll carve out good position for himself and seal his man off, but he'll take that small dribble after catching the ball before going up with it, allowing the defender to recover and challenge his shot. Sidibe looks like he's very quick about catching the ball and immediately going up with it.

Defensively, he seems to have pretty good instincts and coordination as a shot blocker.

Athletically, I wouldn't say he's necessarily an explosive leaper, but he's a quick leaper. And he's very coordinated in terms of running, sliding, etc.

He does seem skinny in some videos but maybe has put on weight. He is listed at 6'10" and 225lbs. Richards is listed at 6'11" and 225lbs and Bamba is listed at 6'11" 215 lbs. Not saying that is accurate but he is at least in the same range as those guys.

I like that he finishes and blocks with both hands. Hits the 10-15 jump shot a good amount. Definitely doesn't show a lot of post moves but neither does Richards or Bamba. Problem is i can't find videos of him playing against good talent. Seems like the videos i see are highschool and guys are 4-6 inches shorter so for me its hard to say how good he is. Would like to see how he does against some of the top centers.

Any news of another school making a late move for Sidibe? I don't know if I can handle another QG disappointment! :bat:

upload_2016-11-21_12-45-37.png