Bourama Sidibe | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

That is pretty exciting. I mean you know his own coach is going to stick up for him but he played all those guys and did well. Apparently even had better stats. I'm also intrigued that he plays the wing sometimes on defense and wonder if there is any possibility that carries over to the next level.

Nice article Iommi! Thanks for doing the work.

I flat out told his coach. "Of course, you're going to say all these nice things. What does he have to work on?" Then he went into the stuff about how he has to get stronger. Same with the rankings. I said this sounds like he should be a 5-star. Why isn't he? And then he went into that fired-up diatribe on that.

Agreed--we got a good one.

This past spring, Francis posted about Sidibe and showed some clips of his playing. I could tell right away that he'd be a great fit, but his development has been positively benefitted by him playing prep ball in NJ, against top flight competition.

This kid can run and can even put the ball on the floor. I believe he's a lefty, as well [Iommi, can you weigh in on that]?

He's righty but can use both hands, especially at the basket. Has a baby hook with his left and his right. Finishes strong with both hands. Righty dominant. His handle is decent, especially for his size. He's a legit 6'10".

His actual weight is in question, as I said. I don't think he's 220, my guess is 210-215. He said he's just over 200 but the language barrier could've been why he didn't flat out say 220 or whatever. His legs need some bulk. Arms are pretty strong and developed. I'll post a recent head shot and pic I took. I think he will be able to put on weight, unlike a guy like BMK.

Agreed--we got a good one.

This past spring, Francis posted about Sidibe and showed some clips of his playing. I could tell right away that he'd be a great fit, but his development has been positively benefitted by him playing prep ball in NJ, against top flight competition.

This kid can run and can even put the ball on the floor. I believe he's a lefty, as well [Iommi, can you weigh in on that]?

He also has another year of prep. You have to think being new to the game that he makes big strides again this year. Who knows how much he will have improved by the time he gets to campus.

He also has another year of prep. You have to think being new to the game that he makes big strides again this year. Who knows how much he will have improved by the time he gets to campus.

Gray Bees play a very quality schedule too. That'll help.

IMG_1147.JPG
Here's a pic I got yesterday. Maybe can get an idea of his frame.

I haven't seen Sidibe play...can anyone give a comparison to Moustapha Diagne (whom I did see in person and on TV and was impressed with post moves). Who might Sidibe compare to or otherwise have an upside we might've seen on past years teams?

I think Moustapha Diagne was more physical, and could score in the low post over either shoulder, but in reality, I think he was only about 6-8 or so, like Coleman.

Sidibe is clearly taller, he is not as slight as Baye Keita. He can present for the ball in the low post, but he doesn't have the low post moves of either M. Diange or Taurean Thompson.

Sidibe is a fair rebounder - he has put up big numbers for his team, but in the full game I saw in the playoffs against a top 100 big man opponent, he seemed like he occasionally boxes out well, but sometimes gets shielded off the ball or out of rebounding position by shorter players who clog the lane. He doesn't protect his rebounding space as well as he could.

He is an elite level shot blocker, though. Great timing, great reach. And he looks coachable, based on the way he does present in the post, does attempt to block out, the way he sets picks in the half court offense, etc. He's thicker through his upper body than some of these guys. Very promising player. He's not Thomas Bryant, but he's also not Chino Oboko. I'm glad he will have a year or two behind PC and Thompson as the third big man in the rotation.

His actual weight is in question, as I said. I don't think he's 220, my guess is 210-215. He said he's just over 200 but the language barrier could've been why he didn't flat out say 220 or whatever. His legs need some bulk. Arms are pretty strong and developed. I'll post a recent head shot and pic I took. I think he will be able to put on weight, unlike a guy like BMK.

If you look at that film of his game vs. Deng Gak, he looks an inch or two taller and probably 20 pounds heavier.

Blair Academy listed Gak at 6-11 209. He's more like 6-9, and if Gak weighs 209, then Bourama is a legit 220.

If you look at that film of his game vs. Deng Gak, he looks an inch or two taller and probably 20 pounds heavier.

Blair Academy listed Gak at 6-11 209. He's more like 6-9, and if Gak weighs 209, then Bourama is a legit 220.

Yeah, maybe 220. He looked at least 210-215 to me. I didn't have a chance to ask the coach. I was scrambling because they needed to start practice, I was very happy they gave me so much time to begin with. He's 6'10". His coach said that without me asking. Who knows? With shoes, without shoes? It's all exaggerated until they are measured officially.

Yeah, maybe 220. He looked at least 210-215 to me. I didn't have a chance to ask the coach. I was scrambling because they needed to start practice, I was very happy they gave me so much time to begin with. He's 6'10". His coach said that without me asking. Who knows? With shoes, without shoes? It's all exaggerated until they are measured officially.
Did you, at any time, hug him?

That's not a bad starting weight for a guy who still has a full year of prep before he shows up on a college campus. He will be 225 in 18 months, after being in a collegiate S&C program and maturing physically.

Weak nickname, bro.

Personally, I prefer "Carmina"

How about "Prez"? As in Bourama sounds like a cross between Barack and Obama. (Not meant to get push this thread in any way/shape/form down a political path...just sayin')

Home - Shirts vs. Skins
For those that live in the B-More area and DMV can check out that event if interested. Sidibe and St. Benedict's are playing tonight and tomorrow. Putnam Science has both Hami Diallo and Eric Ayala playing on both night as well. The best matchup takes place tomorrow night with St. Benedict's vs Mt. St. Joseph(2018 top 25 Jalen Smith and Maryland commit Darryl Morsell).

Home - Shirts vs. Skins
For those that live in the B-More area and DMV can check out that event if interested. Sidibe and St. Benedict's are playing tonight and tomorrow. Putnam Science has both Hami Diallo and Eric Ayala playing on both night as well. The best matchup takes place tomorrow night with St. Benedict's vs Mt. St. Joseph(2018 top 25 Jalen Smith and Maryland commit Darryl Morsell).
St. Benedict's won last night with Sidibe pulling in a double double with 10 points and 11 boards. He scored 16 points tonight but unfortunately St. Bennie's took the L.

St. Benedict's won last night with Sidibe pulling in a double double with 10 points and 11 boards. He scored 16 points tonight but unfortunately St. Bennie's took the L.

Thanks, Francis. I haven't seen anything about Mandani Diarra in the first games. Still a mystery.

Just wondering if you found the rainbow connection?

I think I did, but ended up losing it to blackout numerous times. I am not sure I can adequately express the frustration I felt. It might be like being a young kid and seeing more of a bounty than usual under the Christmas tree, only to wake up Christmas morning to find the room with the tree and presents had been completely incinerated. That's kind of how it seems to work. Remembering athletics, I will employ dedication to overcome it. I'm not sure anyone who obtains it is allowed to speak of it. I mean even Kermit hadn't, because he sings about maybe someday finding it. The poor sap can empathize.

Actually I did kind of find a different sort of rainbow connection, but you'd have to look at each word separately to understand what I'm talking about. I think both parts are unmentionable on here, but for completely different reasons.

I think I did, but ended up losing it to blackout numerous times. I am not sure I can adequately express the frustration I felt. It might be like being a young kid and seeing more of a bounty than usual under the Christmas tree, only to wake up Christmas morning to find the room with the tree and presents had been completely incinerated. That's kind of how it seems to work. Remembering athletics, I will employ dedication to overcome it. I'm not sure anyone who obtains it is allowed to speak of it. I mean even Kermit hadn't, because he sings about maybe someday finding it. The poor sap can empathize.

Actually I did kind of find a different sort of rainbow connection, but you'd have to look at each word separately to understand what I'm talking about. I think both parts are unmentionable on here, but for completely different reasons.
Um...?