bowl 5-7 question | Syracusefan.com

bowl 5-7 question

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
can anyone elaborate on this, is it picked if we did go 5-7 based on apr over other 5-7 teams

Jerry Palm ‏@jppalmCBS 2m2 minutes ago
Jerry Palm Retweeted Yesh Ginsburg

I have the APR list from the NCAA, which is available on their site

Jerry Palm added,

Yesh Ginsburg @yesh222
@jppalmCBS Have you put out/do you have a list of the schools in APR order for who gets priority as a 5-7 bowl team?
0 retweets0 favorites

can anyone elaborate on this, is it picked if we did go 5-7 based on apr over other 5-7 teams

Jerry Palm added,

Yesh Ginsburg @yesh222
@jppalmCBS Have you put out/do you have a list of the schools in APR order for who gets priority as a 5-7 bowl team?
0 retweets0 favorites

Hope so our football team has a high one. If we get to 5 and they need 5 win teams for bowls we won't get chosen based on how our fans travel so would be interesting to see the APR list.

Jerry Palm added,

Yesh Ginsburg @yesh222
0 retweets0 favorites
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...427/you-may-see-a-5-7-bowl-team-in-the-future

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_eligibility

Sub .500 teams should not be in bowl games. Period.
I agree, 5-7 teams shouldn't be in bowl games, unless you look at it as just a 13th game. Lets face it this year there are really only 3 bowl games of any consequence. And given the number of other postseason possibilities out there if they need 5 and 7 teams to fill all the spots, why shouldn't we get consideration if that is what our record ends up being.

I will take a bowl at 5-7. Extra practices would be great. Would it be deserved? No. But if a slot is available I want it, now we need to at least get 5 wins of course and then see this happen

If we can get into the Joe Blow Bowl, we happily accept it as fans regardless of anything else. Obviously, the school will say yes.

It's not about the bowl game as much as all of the extra practice time. This team needs as much time as possible to continue developing. Young team needs all of the training, coaching and playbook run-throughs it can get.

Let's just get to 6 wins though.

i'm just wondering what it looks like for 5-7 teams if their is a legit chance a few may sneak into a bowl game

Joe Blow Bowl is some funny stuff. Hold it in the Dome?

Sub .500 teams should not be in bowl games. Period.
So do the bowl organizers cancel the game after months of planning and investing large sums of money from sponsors?

SU will accept the 5-7 bowl for the money. Follow the dollar, grasshopper, and you will find many truths.

OrangeXtreme said:
40 bowls need 80 teams. I'd be fine if they cut back the # of bowls, but let everyone have the extra 15 practices. Call it Winter Football.
do u think their will be openings for 5-7 teams during bowl season?

do u think their will be openings for 5-7 teams during bowl season?
As OX said above, there are 40 bowl games requiring 80 teams. As of right now (and I know, there is a lot of football left to be played), there are only 74 teams with .500 or better records.

The APR Bowl. How exciting. Who do we play the winner of the IVY?

It's pretty sad but I would take it and the 15 practices that come with it.

I'd be about ready for basketball by then. Hell i'm about ready for basketball now, and I never say that this time of year.

I'd be about ready for basketball by then. Hell i'm about ready for basketball now, and I never say that this time of year.

Come on bro - keep the faith. You know they are close to playing a whole game and must learn how to win in the 4th quarter, they can win 3 games. You can see that the youngters are getting better. We lost the last 3 games on freshman 4th quarter mistakes.

None of these teams left on the schedule are barn burners. We can beat Lville, NCState & BC. You know that. And FSU doesn't scare me either and we've played against Gollson before. Clemson at home has a slim chance at best...but I bet we are in it in the 4th quarter.

How glorious would it be to make a comeback like that! Let's let it play out! Go Orange!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom