Bowl projections | Syracusefan.com

Bowl projections

Assuming we get to 6 wins, which I like our chances now, I can see us going to the Pinstripe Bowl again. I hope the kids get some place that is sunny and warm but SU fans will show up at Yankee Stadium again.

Dont know why but playing Oregon could be pretty cool. You know Dungey would be dieing to play them. And it could really help recruiting with all the high schoolers who want to play for Oregon.

Pinstripe is always a fun (and cheap) trip.

Besides, it NEVER snows in NYC that week. ;)

6887022.jpg

If SU gets into a bowl this year these guys will appreciate it so incredibly much and have a nice reward for all the work they put in. That said, in the future the players/fans will be disappointed going to a "lower" bowl.

I wonder if I could convince my wife to let me take a trip...

I thought that I read on this board that Texas would be in the Big 10 by the end of this season. ;)
No. That was Oklahoma.

Texas is coming to the ACC.

No. That was Oklahoma.

Texas is coming to the ACC.
Yes, this is correct. The only open question is whether they're "all-in" or get the same deal given to ND. The ND fans say they're definitely open to playing the Horns each year in fb if they're an independent with the same ACC deal as ND.

ESPN.com has two writers making projections. One has SU in the Birmingham Bowl vs. Memphis and the other writer has SU not bowling at all.

If SU doesn't go to a bowl maybe they could play the Browns in the first ever NFL/NCAA bowl?

I think we go 6-6, and I think that the Pinstripe Bowl does everything in their power to pick us.

But I'm not sure how the BC rule impacts our selection. I don't want SU to be one bowl school, but I'd pick Pinstripe vs B1G over random location vs a random 6-6 team any day.

I think we go 6-6, and I think that the Pinstripe Bowl does everything in their power to pick us.

But I'm not sure how the BC rule impacts our selection. I don't want SU to be one bowl school, but I'd pick Pinstripe vs B1G over random location vs a random 6-6 team any day.

What's the BC rule? You lost me there.

What's the BC rule? You lost me there.
It has to do with what teams are eligible for what bowls. The conference negotiated it into all our bowl agreements from the mid-2000's on.

In a nutshell, BC was really good, but BC doesn't travel, so they were getting terrible bowls, while schools like Clemson and FSU were getting great bowls, despite being mediocre.

It has to do with what teams are eligible for what bowls. The conference negotiated it into all our bowl agreements from the mid-2000's on.

In a nutshell, BC was really good, but BC doesn't travel, so they were getting terrible bowls, while schools like Clemson and FSU were getting great bowls, despite being mediocre.

Ok I know exactly what you're talking about. I had forgotten about that since BC hasn't been good enough to go bowling in years. Just another thing for Steve to get worked up about.

bc5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom