Bracket Pool Help | Syracusefan.com

Bracket Pool Help

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
A few people in my department wanted to do a pool, "I'm sure troop will set it up for us, he likes sports"..

Great.

I don't mind hand scoring them, done it in the past.. BUT... easier way?

I'm not going to be able to get everyone to make an espn.com account, log in, join, blah blah blah. Hard enough getting a 67 year old woman to fill out the bracket.

Isn't there a way I can start an online group, and just enter everyone's bracket for them?

A few people in my department wanted to do a pool, "I'm sure troop will set it up for us, he likes sports"..

Great.

I don't mind hand scoring them, done it in the past.. BUT... easier way?

I'm not going to be able to get everyone to make an espn.com account, log in, join, blah blah blah. Hard enough getting a 67 year old woman to fill out the bracket.

Isn't there a way I can start an online group, and just enter everyone's bracket for them?

CBSSports. Allows you to enter "offline" players.

http://mayhem.cbssports.com/splash/.../24222?ttag=BM16_os_bn_300x60_hp_urgency_0315

Or just collect $10 from everybody, and I'll enter them in my pool. ;)

Heck, make it $15. Things are always more expensive in Alaska and Hawaii.

I was talking with the boss man about monies, he said since it was a lot of peoples first time, and they have no clue about basketball, it might be tough dragging $10 out of em. This year is for bragging rights, and a TBD prize.. prolly a half day or something.

I'm just pumped someone wanted to do this. It will make me feel better for watching basketball all day Thursday.

We have a scientist from down south, used to teach at Ol Miss, tutored Eli and many other athletes there. He's the only cat I'm able to talk sports with here. This was his idea.

i always started small $2-5 for pools with people who dont do it much. if you get 10-20 people someone wins $20 or more and bragging rights.. i always have done them be hand as even if you have 100 it doesnt take long but its harder to let people know where they stand without emails. the new systems make it so much easier

i always started small $2-5 for pools with people who dont do it much. if you get 10-20 people someone wins $20 or more and bragging rights.. i always have done them be hand as even if you have 100 it doesnt take long but its harder to let people know where they stand without emails. the new systems make it so much easier

Doing them by hand for this group wouldnt be bad. It's doing it for my bar league that killed me. They want updates after every game, standings right after each round... and I'm always hammered after a day of watching basketball. Ughh lol. The bar league is on espn this year

if you want a great bar pool that simple and requires nothing more than people and money to set up let me know.. no games to pick but everyone gets a vested interest in every game.

if you want a great bar pool that simple and requires nothing more than people and money to set up let me know.. no games to pick but everyone gets a vested interest in every game.

Yea man, If you don't mind PMing me. The regulars aren't much into basketball, it was tough getting them into a bracket pool when I first moved here. They get confused lol. I'm dealing with 30-70 year old Alaskans here lol

its basically a super bowl bowl, you win/lose on the final score of every game and you have escalating payout for every round. it depends on the buy in and how many people you can get in the pool since you need to fill a hundred squares.

ours typically are $50-$100 for a pool that covers every game but you can do it for $10-20 just with small payouts. this runs until the final game

the best thing is you can turn around and do a second pool for the sweet 16 on, you can have a smaller buy in since there are less games to pay out.

it makes every basket at the end of the games important and people need no knowledge of the sport to play and it doesnt matter who wins or loses since its just based on scores.

if you cant find 100 people you have decide early on to give people multiple squares for whatever the buy in is.

its basically a super bowl bowl, you win/lose on the final score of every game and you have escalating payout for every round. it depends on the buy in and how many people you can get in the pool since you need to fill a hundred squares.

ours typically are $50-$100 for a pool that covers every game but you can do it for $10-20 just with small payouts. this runs until the final game

the best thing is you can turn around and do a second pool for the sweet 16 on, you can have a smaller buy in since there are less games to pay out.

it makes every basket at the end of the games important and people need no knowledge of the sport to play and it doesnt matter who wins or loses since its just based on scores.

if you cant find 100 people you have decide early on to give people multiple squares for whatever the buy in is.

Love it. No way I'd be able to put it together in time this season, maybe for the sweet 16. For sure next year tho.

Thanks man!

I've played in one of these before:

$10 buy in per square.

1st round games pay $5 each.
2nd round games pay $10
Sweet 16 games pay $20
Elite 8 games pay $40
Semi games pay $90
NC pays $180.

It's tough to get 100 interested people in a year where we might be NIT bound.

Maybe sell 10 squares for $10 and scale everything down.

I run a $10 bracket pool, and I'm always looking for new suckers participants. ;)

PM me for further info.

I usually get 40-50 entrants, but understandably last year was a ghost town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom