Braden Davis's 1st game as QB | Syracusefan.com

Braden Davis's 1st game as QB

Considering it's most likely his last time as QB1 on our depth chart it's probably fitting.
A great game and he’s in solid shape for 2025.

No chance we were going back to Carlos.

I’m guessing they are using him as they did vs Ga Tech . He was basically running the GS roll from Pitt . The ball will be snapped to LA, DV and Davis.

It has been stated multiple times that HCFB has been attending practices. The truth is we have McCord and Davis for next season along with Williams, unless Williams is the second coming of Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb we are woefully thin at QB.
Davis has had a couple of weeks of extra practice and HCFB may figure throw him out there and let’s see what we have. I’m not counting on Wilson returning, with McCord only having 1 season left, Fran may be able to grab a transfer or another HS QB.
This also could be a decoy move, but I hope Davis gets his chance.

I never watched Davis throw that closely until the last pre game. Has he always had such weird sidearm mechanics? the ball comes out OKish but he has a really weird delivery.

USF runs the fastest offense in college football by time of snaps. You don't want to let an offense like that get a lot of possessions to get comfortable in a grove. So, it's going to be a run heavy approach in the first place. Davis needs to hit the few passes he throws and generally try to be mindful and set a tone when he's behind center. If he keeps his composer, that would be a successful outing. Do the little things right, don't try to be a hero.

USF runs the fastest offense in college football by time of snaps. You don't want to let an offense like that get a lot of possessions to get comfortable in a grove. So, it's going to be a run heavy approach in the first place. Davis needs to hit the few passes he throws and generally try to be mindful and set a tone when he's behind center. If he keeps his composer, that would be a successful outing. Do the little things right, don't try to be a hero.
Agree here. Slowing the game down on offense to deny USF going up tempo is ideal.

Also, if hr can break of some Shraderesque runs, that would be huge.

I'm excited to see what Davis can do. I hope he kills it and sets himself up. Kid's got the pedigree for it.

Also, I'm also feeling a bit whimsical, and I was reminiscing on past QBs. I kinda think it would have been fun to see Jacobian Morgan play in this offense. I looked up his stats, and he put up some really good numbers in 6 games at JSU this season.

If a full season as a backup and an entire month to prepare as the starter doesn't warrant more than 5 passes, he isn't a QB.
It is very disappointing (embarrassing may be more accurate) that we apparently only had 2 QB's prepared to play this year. That alone was grounds to get rid of Dino. I understood a little the Pitt game short notice switch to LA and DV taking direct snaps.
But running that offense does nothing to prepare this team for next season. Its time to let Davis and MacPhail play QB to the best of their ability whatever that may be. I could see mixing a few direct snaps in to keep the defense off balance but it should not longer be the featured offense. If it is I have to ask WTH the remaining coaches have been doing since the Wake game? If Davis doesn't show anything then move to WR of let him transfer. You should not have to use a gimmick offense when you've had almost a month to prepare

It is very disappointing (embarrassing may be more accurate) that we apparently only had 2 QB's prepared to play this year. That alone was grounds to get rid of Dino. I understood a little the Pitt game short notice switch to LA and DV taking direct snaps.
But running that offense does nothing to prepare this team for next season. Its time to let Davis and MacPhail play QB to the best of their ability whatever that may be. I could see mixing a few direct snaps in to keep the defense off balance but it should not longer be the featured offense. If it is I have to ask WTH the remaining coaches have been doing since the Wake game? If Davis doesn't show anything then move to WR of let him transfer. You should not have to use a gimmick offense when you've had almost a month to prepare
This game isn't about preparing these players for next season. They haven't been practicing next season's schemes and the personnel is going to be very next year than what's in this game. I hope the existing staff does a good job of game planning to give these guys a chance to win and end their season on a high note. I expect Davis to throw enough to take advantage of the secondary cheating up after we run it down their throats. If Davis was better than that, I think he would've taken meaningful snaps the last few games of the year.

Agree here. Slowing the game down on offense to deny USF going up tempo is ideal.
As we've seen, unsuccessful uptempo can really mess a defense up. Getting some quick 3 & outs will be key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom