Bralyn Oliver in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bralyn Oliver in the portal

It seems every surprise recruiting win we get, the kid doesn't seem to pan out for us

Part of it is our development program is an issue
I think that's the nature of any school like Syracuse.

Marvin Harrison Jr.s of the world are extremely unlikely to be misses. Bottom tier P5 and top group of 5 schools are taking guys with more questions.

We've done OKish. Marlowe said on the podcast this week that Syracuse was his only offer, which is crazy because he's a stud. Gadsden, Tucker, Mikel, Bergeron, some of the guys who transferred out, Garrett Williams, etc. none of them were really major recruiting wins. We just have less room for error in recruiting than the Florida States of the world and need to hold onto the ones we hit on from going into the Portal

So it's possible that these departures could also be related to girlfriends, homesickness, discipline, family situations, perhaps a personal problem, etc. Not everything is the staffs fault and would wager this happens at every school, every year. Unfortunate yeah but frequently "life happens ".

SU needs to build its team via the portal as those kids have a more difficult time transferring. There a plenty of kids a level down or up that want a chance to play and or prove themselves at a higher level. Build depth through the portal and within two years the roster is stable. Syracuse offers a ton to kids. Great school, great indoor venue, National exposure in the third best conf etc... Just need a staff to sell it.

SU needs to build its team via the portal as those kids have a more difficult time transferring. There a plenty of kids a level down or up that want a chance to play and or prove themselves at a higher level. Build depth through the portal and within two years the roster is stable. Syracuse offers a ton to kids. Great school, great indoor venue, National exposure in the third best conf etc... Just need a staff to sell it.
I think with a better staff that’s more strategic we’ll do better out of the portal. Anyone can hire a staff member and have him recruit his former team. Actually winning recruiting battles out of the portal for difference makers is the real work.

Nolton is gone? What the heck. He was a huge recruiting win
Its official, on Syr.com now. Honestly thought he was already gone as I never heard his name in any game.

He was an Under Armour AA too.
And very fast, if I remember the Spring game correctly. After Duce and J'Had were lost to the portal I expected him to get some snaps. Pity it didn't work out.

Last edited:
So what did the story end up being here ? playing time, trouble, something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom