Bravo, Bobby Knight! Bobby's top 5 teams! | Syracusefan.com

Bravo, Bobby Knight! Bobby's top 5 teams!

UK is a top 5 team and that is not a question.

Honestly it's not that crazy of a statement. Are they the most "talented" team yes but are they the "best" no. UNC, Kansas, and Syracuse are better teams then Kentucky maybe even Missouri.

Honestly it's not that crazy of a statement. Are they the most "talented" team yes but are they the "best" no. UNC, Kansas, and Syracuse are better teams then Kentucky maybe even Missouri.
eek

Knight does not care for Calipari. He went on some rant about Cal and UK during a speech last year, if I am recalling correctly.

That is because Bobby Knight thinks Kentucky is a chickens#it operation. He hates Kentucky from his days at Indiana and despises Calipari's obvious cheating.

That is because Bobby Knight thinks Kentucky is a chickens#it operation. He hates Kentucky from his days at Indiana and despises Calapari's obvious cheating.
well, he has a point.

Good for Bobby Knight! He is basically saying UK is not a collge program under Calipari and his players are pro's that are being bought.

Nobody in the medea wants to come out and say these things. Knoght believes it to be true and is all but saying it here and he has said it in the pasrt. Two programs left in to NCAA issues and FF that don't count not like its hard to see how Cal has built his programs.

Some people don't consider UK a college team. It's really a D-league operation. Knight doesn't like their "business model".

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6770068/the-sports-book-hall-fame
Early in the text, the NCAA suspends junior guard Steve Alford for one nonconference game after his photograph appears in a charity calendar (the charity raised money for handicapped girls who wanted to attend summer camp). It was a crazy, inappropriate penalty that Knight (and pretty much all of America) disagreed with, and the Hoosiers ended up losing the game Alford missed to Kentucky, 63-58. Yet this was how Knight showed his support at practice, three days later: "Alford, you really cost us that game on Saturday and I want you to know I really resent it. I can't forget it. I'm just out of patience with you. … This is a habit with you. You don't listen, whether it's defense or playing hard or this. I don't know about anyone else in here but I resent it and it pisses me off. Because of you we lost to a chickenshit operation. I won't forget that."

Bobby Knight hates Kentucky.

I may need to adjust my sarcasm meter so I am just checking: Are you serious or are you kidding?

44cuse

I may need to adjust my sarcasm meter so I am just checking: Are you serious or are you kidding?

44cuse

If Kentucky plays UNC, Kansas, or Syracuse in the tournament they would lose. They are more complete teams then Kentucky.

Being compleely unbiased I support Knights comments.

Calipari is like poison to college basketball. I won't even watch them play.

If Kentucky plays UNC, Kansas, or Syracuse in the tournament they would lose. They are more complete teams then Kentucky.

OK, so what you are saying, just so I am completely clear, is that: UNC, Kansas, and Syracuse are all better teams than Kentucky?

Sorry if I am being thickheaded here...just want to make completely sure I understand.

44cuse

hmmmm...i watch KY play in hopes they lose and/or I get to see a sweetheart movie actress supporting them...otherwise, CAL is a low down turd that has no scruples...of course an academic institution with very little credibility is a good place for athletes who care little about learning and everything about BBall is a #1 spot to land.

Kentucky is one thing (I disagree with Knight here), but not recognizing Davis as the best player in hoops is absurd.

The sec is really down this year. Florida and Vandy don't have the well roundness. And although Kentucky isn't that well rounded either Florida and Vandy are bad matchups for kentucky.
Any big man with alittle strength gives them some trouble. Sullinger would be their worst nightmare.

Knight does not care for Calipari. He went on some rant about Cal and UK during a speech last year, if I am recalling correctly.

He considers him a cheater, and so he won't "promote" his program.

Man this is board is funny. Kentucky is a top five team. The end.

Knight was on the Mike and Mike show today, and he was asked for his top teams in the country. He listed five: Syracuse, Duke, UNC, Missouri, Kansas.

LOL he wont even mention Kentucky or Davis.

http://gregg-doyel.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5881996/35032079
I have no sound on my computer so I can't watch the feed. I'm just curious did Mike and Mike question Knight about this or were they their usual tame psychophantich selves and not dare question Knight?

Kentucky is one thing (I disagree with Knight here), but not recognizing Davis as the best player in hoops is absurd.
Davis is the best player in college hoops but he didn't get a mention because Knight probably doesn't consider him an amateur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom