Breeders cup 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Breeders cup 2017

upperdeck

Living Legend
anyone got any hot picks.

really nice race #1 with Rushing Fall

I like Collected in the classic.

I'll caution that with the fact that I really liked Stellar Wind in the Distaff tonight though.

There were two buzz horses yesterday, 1 was juvenile turf runner that won the 8th got bet down from 8-1 to the favorite at post time at 9/2. The 1 horse mendolson.

Elate was the other in the distaff who finished 4th and ran just OK.

Have to try and beat a few favorites today and I love bombs on a day like today. Keep in mind I’m a pick 3, pick4, pick 5 player so I won’t be just singled to most of these horses. But I will be placing win/place bets on the following.

That said,
4th race 11 wonder gadot
6th race.. unique Bella definitely horse to beat and could crush this field but going to try with highway star and skye diamonds
7th Can anyone beat Lady Eli? I’m not sure. I’m fan of grand jete, senga and wuheida. Brutal post for rhododendron who I thought had a shot.
9th Lancaster bomber at huge price
10.. can’t see bolt doro losing but I’m going to play exacta with golden dragon.. huge huge shot in dark here but like this horse. Think he will out run odds and speed figures which are all grass races anyway.

Good luck. Best two days of racing all year. Hit the double with medolsohn and forever unbridled yesterday but no pick 3 or 4.. battle midway got me in dirt mile. Had 3 horses in there and not bafferts horse, figured if anyone beat me it would be mor spirit. Only really have to be right once today to makes some Cash

Classic- hoping for gun runner, depends what arrogate shows up. Think west coast has shot. Using all 3 plus collected in my pick 3 and 4

There were two buzz horses yesterday, 1 was juvenile turf runner that won the 8th that won, got bet down from 8-1 to the favorite at post time at 9/2. The 1 horse mendolson.

Elate was the other in the distaff who finished 4th and ran just OK.

Have to try and beat a few favorites today and I love bombs on a day like today. Keep in mind I’m a pick 3, pick4, pick 5 player so I won’t be just singled to most of these horses. But I will be placing win/place bets on the following.

That said,
4th race 11 wonder gadot
6th race.. unique Bella definitely horse to beat and could crush this field but going to try with highway star and skye diamonds
7th Can anyone beat Lady Eli? I’m not sure. I’m fan of grand jete, senga and wuheida. Brutal post for rhododendron who I thought had a shot.
9th Lancaster bomber at huge price
10.. can’t see bolt doro losing but I’m going to play exacta with golden dragon.. huge huge shot in dark here but like this horse. Think he will out run odds and speed figures which are all grass races anyway.

Good luck. Best two days of racing all year. Hit the double with medolsohn and forever unbridled yesterday but no pick 3 or 4.. battle midway got me in dirt mile. Had 3 horses in there and not bafferts horse, figured if anyone beat me it would be mor spirit.

Classic- hoping for gun runner, depends what arrogate shows up. Think west coast has shot. Using all 3 plus collected in my pick 3 and 4
I'm a huge Lady Eli fan. But nothing is a given. Would love to see Arrogate win but don't feel that he deserves my money. Won a lot on West Coast at the Travers. Will probably feature him in exactas.

I'm a huge Lady Eli fan. But nothing is a given. Would love to see Arrogate win but don't feel that he deserves my money. Won a lot on West Coast at the Travers. Will probably feature him in exactas.

It’s funny as all bafferts horses other than Drefong in the sprint, need to show improvement to win. Mo spirit did not in dirt mile, Abel Tasman was good 2nd yesterday. Just not sure what arrogate is going to do, inside post wasn’t great for him either. Would love to see arrogate go to lead and see what happens, he may never look back. West coast is sneaky today for sure

Gun Runner much the best, zero doubt about it, didn't have the best spot on the track, still won pretty easy

It was a weird weekend. I killled on Friday. Hit destin for a monster tri. Hit battle of midway and forever unbridled on big win bets. Scored on the pick 4 with them too.

Then came back on Saturday and prob had my worst day in years. I don't think think I hit one bet. Amazed I didn't hit the turf sprint. My theory
which I've cashed huge in on that Del Mar 5f is that if they had a good showing on it before, they are the one to bet. Something weird about that course. Horses either like it or they don't. And if it's their first time, bet against the favorites. Sure enough Peter Miller hit 1-2 but Stormy Liberal only ran the downhill at SA recently so I took him off. Boo.

It was a weird weekend. I killled on Friday. Hit destin for a monster tri. Hit battle of midway and forever unbridled on big win bets. Scored on the pick 4 with them too.

Then came back on Saturday and prob had my worst day in years. I don't think think I hit one bet. Amazed I didn't hit the turf sprint. My theory
which I've cashed huge in on that Del Mar 5f is that if they had a good showing on it before, they are the one to bet. Something weird about that course. Horses either like it or they don't. And if it's their first time, bet against the favorites. Sure enough Peter Miller hit 1-2 but Stormy Liberal only ran the downhill at SA recently so I took him off. Boo.

I was up and down, hit exacta which I don't play a ton of on the filly turf and the turf classic. I really needed to hit the winner of the turf sprint and the sprint for good size doubles but didn't catch them was 3 deep in both but whiffed.

Race that killed me was the 60-1 in the filly/mare sprint. Cant figure out why they sent Unique Bella so quickly, was going way too fast up front. I had the 14 that got beat the nose. It was funny I liked the other NY Bred in that race, Highway Star not the eventual winner, it really was a crazy day other than the Classic where the best horse won without a doubt. To bad Lady Eli got stepped in early, would have been a different race but it happens

Last edited:
I was up and down, hit exacta which I don't play a ton of on the filly turf and the turf classic. I really needed to hit the winner of the turf sprint and the sprint for good size doubles but didn't catch them was 3 deep in both but whiffed.

Race that killed me was the 60-1 in the filly/mare sprint. Cant figure out why they sent Unique Bella so quickly, was going way too fast up front. I had the 14 that got beat the nose. It was funny I liked the other NY Bred in that race, Highway Star not the eventual winner, it really was a crazy day other than the Classic where the best horse won without a doubt. To bad Lady Eli got stepped in early, would have been a different race but it happens

The only thing I can think is they were scared with unique Bella getting caught behind the pack.

Also other though is im just as confident in Bolt d'oro if he can be healthy into next year.

The only thing I can think is they were scared with unique Bella getting caught behind the pack.

Also other though is im just as confident in Bolt d'oro if he can be healthy into next year.

Bolt d'oro could benefit from a legit horse trainer as well, he's clearly a super talented horse at 2. The owner/ trainer and trainer's daughter should turn him over to somebody with better credentials getting to the triple crown. Just my 2 cents. Bolt d'oro had a terrible trip and ride, 5 wide the entire way. The connections shouldn't worry about him getting 1-1/4 mile at the derby though as he already ran that far Saturday in the juvenile:)

Bolt d'oro could benefit from a legit horse trainer as well, he's clearly a super talented horse at 2. The owner/ trainer and trainer's daughter should turn him over to somebody with better credentials getting to the triple crown. Just my 2 cents. Bolt d'oro had a terrible trip and ride, 5 wide the entire way. The connections shouldn't worry about him getting 1-1/4 mile at the derby though as he already ran that far Saturday in the juvenile:)

You know Ruis won't do that though. This is about him showing everyone up.

You know Ruis won't do that though. This is about him showing everyone up.

Agree 100%, he's gone through more trainers than people do shoes. I just don't see him being successful though, but I am sure he's going to try and I agree with you, right now he's got the best horse but who knows what is still out there and at this age they change so quickly I am sure Pletcher, C Brown, and Baffert have several more bullets to fire. Pletcher will start a bunch first few weeks at Gulfstream that will be impressive I am sure.

The Chad Brown maiden winner was pretty damn impressive too in the juvenile. Chad will have the horse ready and moving forward, wonder if he will go to Florida or race the horse on the NY circuit

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom