Brennan's No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Brennan's No-Longer-Way-Too-Early Top 25

Indiana 5 spots ahead of us is kinda funny. We'd beat them by like 15 if we played them. Having Boeheim over Crean is worth like 38 points alone. I bet their Sweet 16 rings are going to be siiiiick this year though.

Brennan fulfilling his 'Mark Few is a super duper nice guy, so let's overrate them by 10-15 spots' quota.

Michigan State couldn't make the round of 32 and has 1 returning starter, so ranking them #10 makes a ton of sense.

Indiana 5 spots ahead of us is kinda funny. We'd beat them by like 15 if we played them. Having Boeheim over Crean is worth like 38 points alone. I bet their Sweet 16 rings are going to be siiiiick this year though.

Brennan fulfilling his 'Mark Few is a super duper nice guy, so let's overrate them by 10-15 spots' quota.

Michigan State couldn't make the round of 32 and has 1 returning starter, so ranking them #10 makes a ton of sense.

The real head scratcher is St. Mary's they didn't even make the tournament.

The real head scratcher is St. Mary's they didn't even make the tournament.

I think they won the NIT or got pretty far in it and they likely return everyone. I get you though them and Gonzaga. Gonzaga struggled last year with Sabonas and Wiltjer plenty of times. Those guys are gone and they are getting ranked consistently around 10th. The pollsters love them some WCC these days. I don't know why since they mostly under perform in the tourney. Just like last season any team than makes the tourney out of the ACC will be battle tested and a tough out.

Who is Eamonn Brennan? I've honestly never heard of him before, but it says he joined ESPN in 2009

Who is Eamonn Brennan? I've honestly never heard of him before, but it says he joined ESPN in 2009
You haven't missed much. I had their basketball page bookmarked for years and no longer do. Anyone that's halfway decent they make an insider which requires a paid subscription.

I mean if you're going to focus on transfers you leave off 1 of 3!?!

If you go by Vegas lines to win the title, we're ranked #13. The difference between Vegas and these clowns in the media is that Vegas' only bias is making money. Vegas looks at teams objectively while the media types can't seem to shake the idea of a team they thought didn't belong in the tournament last year. They let that cloud their judgement so they cant see a team that developed nicely during the tournament or that the team brought in some very nice skillsets in the offseason.

If you go by Vegas lines to win the title, we're ranked #13. The difference between Vegas and these clowns in the media is that Vegas' only bias is making money. Vegas looks at teams objectively while the media types can't seem to shake the idea of a team they thought didn't belong in the tournament last year. They let that cloud their judgement so they cant see a team that developed nicely during the tournament or that the team brought in some very nice skillsets in the offseason.

I would imagine most national guys get lazy and buy into basic narratives. Syracuse, despite the surprising run to the final 4, had a mediocre season, lost their entire starting backcourt (4th and 5th year seniors) and another guard to transfer. The frontcourt was not seen as the strength of the team, and outside of Lydon none of the returning guys could be seen as safe bets for stardom not to mention newcomers: a project at center, true freshman and grad transfers who are yet to log a minute in a 'Cuse uni. If you had to place your reputation as a prognosticator on the line, the safe bet would be to be measured in your predictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom