Brent Axe show | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe show

No living locally, I kind of forgot about him. Does he still write for Syracuse.com as well? With most of their content inaccessible without a subscription now, I rarely visit.

I dunno if Axe rates as high as the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Probably lower than that.
Much lower.

Attachments

• 63BBFFAA-95C0-41D8-83ED-FE376F6D10E3.jpeg
    63BBFFAA-95C0-41D8-83ED-FE376F6D10E3.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 78
Did you hear the reporter who asked the Bills players if they were embarrassed by their play last night? He defended the reporter vehemently for asking them using that word.
So...what’s your grade for him?

I remember about 10-12 years ago when Danny Parkins was the show after him. It was the Monday after the spring football game. During their trade-off on the air Danny told Brent that he spent all day at the game and was going to break down each position. Brent told Danny he didn't go because he had "something else to do".

My initial thought was wow, your job is to basically cover 2 teams and you had something better to do then prep for your show? There is a reason a lot of the guys that came after him are in much larger markets, or even ESPN, while he is still here.

Not sure why I remember that but it obviously has left a lasting impression on the guy.

My grade is 0.0.

I remember about 10-12 years ago when Danny Parkins was the show after him. It was the Monday after the spring football game. During their trade-off on the air Danny told Brent that he spent all day at the game and was going to break down each position. Brent told Danny he didn't go because he had "something else to do".

My initial thought was wow, your job is to basically cover 2 teams and you had something better to do then prep for your show? There is a reason a lot of the guys that came after him are in much larger markets, or even ESPN, while he is still here.

Not sure why I remember that but it obviously has left a lasting impression on the guy.

My grade is 0.0.

While Danny is the host of a radio sports talk show from 1-6 in Chicago.

Did you hear the reporter who asked the Bills players if they were embarrassed by their play last night? He defended the reporter vehemently for asking them using that word.
Brent Axe singling out a reporter for asking a tough question is hilarious.

He kisses the ring. As do all of the local media.

My grade: D.

Last edited:
He’s a little like a small town hooker. You might not care for her, but she’s the only one in town.

I like Brent and he likes me. We've had a lot of good conversations over the years. He's like talking sports with your local bartender when the place isn't too busy. I find him sharp and honest and he certainly doesn't "kiss the ring".

Check out his post-game show which is on Facebook and then put on You-Tube.

I personally enjoy him. Calls it like it is.

My grade is 0.0.

To be fair, it could have been something like a funeral or another personal matter.

I guess the thing that gets me is his personal flair that he adds, or his schtick. He says alot of the same crap over and over. I know all radio guys do that, but if it isn't funny the first time...

He can be alright, on a good day he is a C, on a bad day, where he rambles and makes the same joke a thousand times, he's an F.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom