Brian Kelly | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly

MadNY3

All American
If (and I'll stress if) Brian Kelly is having his people reach out to other schools, the guy has just become a notch more hatable.

And if I'm Notre Lame, I give him 24 hours to publicly reiterate - on video - he has no intention of leaving "one of the most storied programs." Or I fire his ass for leading a team with all the resources in the world for going 4-8.

If (and I'll stress if) Brian Kelly is having his people reach out to other schools, the guy has just become a notch more hatable.

And if I'm Notre Lame, I give him 24 hours to publicly reiterate - on video - he has no intention of leaving "one of the most storied programs." Or I fire his ass for leading a team with all the resources in the world for going 4-8.
if i remember correctly, Notre Dame has been shopping his name around for a while (or has been letting him shop around). i assume they get out of his buyout that way, which is probably significant since he just signed a 6 year contract

In his defense I don't think it would be possible for him to be more hateable.

All of these coaches do that though. Makes him no different than anyone else.

CyQXs4YWEAAdn9q

Do people not realize that coaches will say anything to maintain their public image? It doesn't matter what the truth is. I mean just look back at just about every coach that left school x for school y.