British Open, 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

British Open, 2017

That was quite a bogey. Be interesting to see if Spieth can get the ship righted at all. I think Kuchar finally gets a major today.

he got got away with a drive that would be lost if not for hundreds of people, then hit a bad recovery on top of it but got away with that too. great up and down, then 2 great holes.

I think that drop was wrong. He was supposed to go straight back on a line between his ball and the flag. The correct line seemed to be behind one of those trailers to me. I'm surprised it hasn't been questioned. He dropped where he had a had a window between the trailers and a line of sight on where his ball was. If that was correct why all the lining up behind and looking under the trailer. Something was weird there.

Last edited:
I think that drop was wrong. He was supposed to go straight back on a line between his ball and the flag. The correct line seemed to be behind one of those trailers to me. I'm surprised it hasn't been questioned.

It did get discussed right at the beginning as he started walking back. There were no issues.

#1. He went straight back as entitled.
#2. Reached a spot he liked, then requested line of sight relief from the trucks as he was also entitled.

I'm cheering for Kuchar (good guy, and $$$). Not the hugest fan of Speith -- don't hate him or anything. He always seems to get away with his misses when things are close.

It did get discussed right at the beginning. There were no issues.

#1. He went straight back as entitled.
#2. Reached a spot he liked, then requested line of sight relief from the trucks as he was also entitled.

That's rediculousness. He gets a line of sight relief on an unplayable? He should have to go further back if he doesn't like it. There is no line of sight he can't see the hole from anywhere down there. He's been out of his mind since then though.

That's rediculousness. He gets a line of sight relief on an unplayable? He should have to go further back if he doesn't like it. There is no line of sight he can't see the hole from anywhere down there. He's been out of his mind since then though.

The line of sight is not based on being able to see the hole, but if there is an non course obstacle in the line you intend to play on.

Spieth's comeback is amazing. He looked like he was going to wind up finishing 4th or 5th. it was like watching a pitcher who suddenly can't find the plate. But he took control of himself and then took control of the tournament. Not over yet but a great comeback regardless. The greatest victories in life are the victories over oneself.

I should have cashed out my Kuchar bet when he took the lead on the 13th.

I'll never understand golf rules. You get an unplayable lie and you get to walk backwards to a practice area and drop it there? That totally changes the shot.

Spieth with a Tiger like (in his prime) last few holes.

I'll never understand golf rules. You get an unplayable lie and you get to walk backwards to a practice area and drop it there? That totally changes the shot.

He also had to incur a penalty shot to do that.

But generally after any shot you always have the option (with a one shot penalty)
1) Move it back to where you took the last shot from
2) Move it 2 club length in any direction (or is it one?) but no closer to the hole.
3) Move it is far back on the line between you and the flag.

Not sure if that applies if you are in a bunker... I also think the rule is slightly different if you are in a wetlands area (that is staked as a water hazard). I think 1) and 2) above are the same, but #3 become back from the line it crossed into the hazard. (I think)

Spieth with a Tiger like (in his prime) last few holes.

I'm not sure Tiger ever had to birdie out like Speith has. Usually the field would see Tiger with the 54 hole lead, and just fall apart on the front nine on Sunday.

Spieth. Sharpie.

DFb9RYuWAAEjIVQ.jpg

Congrats to Jordan. Putted horribly on the front nine. and then starts hitting bombs on the back nine.

I enjoy the timing, quirks, uniqueness of the British Open... about once a year.

I'm not sure Tiger ever had to birdie out like Speith has. Usually the field would see Tiger with the 54 hole lead, and just fall apart on the front nine on Sunday.

No, but Tiger made some unbelievable clutch shots.

LOL Jordan just blew off Rickie Fowler. I think ti was unintentional however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom