Broyld's comments...zing | Syracusefan.com

Broyld's comments...zing

PhatOrange

Living Legend
The lack of cohesion on offense, Broyld said, stems from the sheer volume of McDonald's playbook. Though he was exaggerating a bit, Broyld said it feels like they have 1,000 plays this season compared to "seven plays like we had last year."

The lack of cohesion on offense, Broyld said, stems from the sheer volume of McDonald's playbook. Though he was exaggerating a bit, Broyld said it feels like they have 1,000 plays this season compared to "seven plays like we had last year."
Ugh

We're always behind the curve

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Use the next three games to find what works, hammer those out and make the offense more efficient. I'm sure everyone is aware it's an issue, they'll work it out.

In college we had well over 100 plays in the play book. Some we did not practice during the week. Now this was d3 but the end result was exactly what you saw Saturday. If this is really the case then I'm sure they ran plays not practiced, at least not practiced with the full offense or not run against a defense. This can work with a veteran group or kids who have played a ton of football but not the best choice (see Saturdays CF) in this situation.

Too bad he struggled learning those 7 plays last year.

Nassib took those 7 plays and with his reads, it could've been 50 plays. No one will ever know. Offense wasn't as simple as this comment made it out to be.

AB will have to learn to keep some things to himself. I understand his frustration but throwing your coach under the bus in not wise especially when he doesn't do that to you.

That said, perhaps he has a point. The players did look confused and too many were out of position time after time. This would no be the first time a new coach got a bit over enthusiastic with the playbook. That is not a bad thing so long he corrects it. Can we really complain that Mac is installing an offense that features the newest trends?

These are experienced good coaches and I have confidence they will figure it out. They will also figure out the talent over the next few games and things will settle down.
Go Orange!

Does this mean that we are, once again, multiple in what we do?

Why is it that when I read these articles I keep visualizing Cohen as the snake in the garden of Eden?

Because he is! This is one of the things I hate about the press. They pick on an immature kid like Ashton for a quote to stir up controversy.

the gist goes back to what i said yesterday, it appeared as if the O was overwhelmed and didnt know what to do.

so now they are going to 'expand the playbook'??? 'take the handcuffs off'???

if nobody knows the damn playbook, scale it down and get everybody on the same page for about 15 good ones, practice another 10.

this offense cant rely on Robbie Welsh everygame.

Oh Lord

the gist goes back to what i said yesterday, it appeared as if the O was overwhelmed and didnt know what to do.

so now they are going to 'expand the playbook'??? 'take the handcuffs off'???

if nobody knows the damn playbook, scale it down and get everybody on the same page for about 15 good ones, practice another 10.

this offense cant rely on Robbie Welsh everygame.

Oh Lord

I know it was frustrating to watch, was just as bad on TV because when Allen was looking at the sideline, it was also the side the cameras were on.

But the source of these particular quotes needs to worry more about his hands. He catches that simple slant we might have 4 more points on the board. Throw in some of the other drops, and Allen is suddenly 21 for 37, and we might not need a TD on that last drive. Or even if we did, that first play of the drive probably gets us 10 yards easy and starts the momentum.

Some of the issues are probably going to take awhile, but there are also some that should be fixable right away.

I would guess most of the "experimenting" is really with personnel, not necessarily formations. Those who make the biggest plays will ultimately be the ones seeing the most time. Start with the safe picks and work in the younger, upside guys. That's not uncommon for a college offense. Classic example was Rich Rod's 2005 WVU team. Started the year with Bednarik at QB and Colston at RB. Ended with Pat White at QB and Steve Slaton at RB. We may be seeing more of guys like Kobena and Morris as things progress.

Maybe he was only given 7 plays, just to get him on the field

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure where this fits with the coach's comment of "opening up the play book." It would seem that they are at odds with each other. I think once Allen gets more comfortable with the offense and his team mates they will improve. I don't recall seeing him call any audibles either, like Nassib did last year. That should come with experience and really help the no huddle. Watching on TV I got the feeling that they might as well use a huddle.

You need 100 plays when your QB doesn't know how to check down.

In all honesty, you could probably run a fairly successful offense by picking a playbook from Madden and telling the kids to run that.

In all honesty, you could probably run a fairly successful offense by picking a playbook from Madden and telling the kids to run that.
all of a sudden they go from running into each other or just a blank stare to...

'this seems more like the eagles from 01 than the colts from 10'.
'no, no no. this is the 49ers double unlocked 88 from the 97 game'

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

all of a sudden they go from running into each other or just a blank stare to...

'this seems more like the eagles from 01 than the colts from 10'.
'no, no no. this is the 49ers double unlocked 88 from the 97 game'

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

I knew you'd appreciate that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online