bubble boy! | Syracusefan.com

bubble boy!

616512298f319d81d7d23ee95a3a8dbe5de20fe27f84ba34e911d6034d31d778.jpg

Our 4 ACC losses are looking like a gauntlet of Tourney teams we had to face without JB and his first game back.

Clemson, where tf did y'all come from!?

You could make a good argument we play the six best ACC teams on the road.
I think that Clemson gae may come back to bite us

You could make a good argument we play the six best ACC teams on the road.
I think that Clemson gae may come back to bite us

I don't think it will, I hate to say it, but cusehulk was right, it wasn't a bad loss in the least.

I think our key will be finding a way to get to 7-6, heading to Louisville. Even if we go 1-2 in our next three, we'd be sitting at 3-6. Not good but I think we could rip off four in a row after that, although FSU looks like a tough matchup. If we leave Louisville 7-7 (I'm penciling in that game as a loss), we can split our last four and be 9-9. Then if we win a game or two in the ACC tourney, we should be in decent shape, especially if they really factor in JB's suspension.

This team can beat anyone and lose to anyone, so it's anyone's guess how this will play out. The Clemson loss is a potential swing game, as others have said. Ugh. Malachi makes one FT at the end and we'd be in much better shape.

I don't think it will, I hate to say it, but cusehulk was right, it wasn't a bad loss in the least.

I never said it was a bad loss. But i think we're going to be on the wrong side of the bubble, and that was a game we had won.

Knicks411 said:
I never said it was a bad loss. But i think we're going to be on the wrong side of the bubble, and that was a game we had won.

Yea we literally gave away that game and the wisconsin game. How different would this season look if we held on to win both of those. They need to win a road game against a good team to make up for the clemson loss.

It wasn't a bad loss, but it was a crucial loss. We need to get to 9-9 to be considered. Being 3-3 right now would be huge right now. Instead we are 2-4 with roadies at Duke and UVA up next. Clemson loss was a killer
If we finish 9-9 that means we are 15-7 overall and 9-6 in conference with JB, based on what the committee said that makes me think we'd be in.

So I'll at least stop complaining about the Clemson loss now. I haven't really paid much attention to the bracketology stuff yet, but I guess I need to now?
It'd be dumb to write off the UVA game Saturday, but even if we lose that, the 4 game home stand we have following that is going to be huge. Should be favored in all 4. Probably need 3 there.

It wasn't a bad loss, but it was a crucial loss. We need to get to 9-9 to be considered. Being 3-3 right now would be huge right now. Instead we are 2-4 with roadies at Duke and UVA up next. Clemson loss was a killer

Not sure how it can be a "killer" when we are only 7 games into the conference schedule.

If anything a case can be made that our first 8 conference games are the toughest games (with only BC at home at sure win) on our conference schedule and if we continue to play the way we are now we could go 7-3 after the Virginia game the rest of the way.

In other words, lots of time to go so Clemson, while I agree we shouldn't have lost that game at home, can hardly be described as a "killer" at this point.

Cheers,
Neil

Gonna need DC against uva. Lydon cant handle uva all by himself down low. DC is due. We win that game we are solidly inside bubble. Go CUSE!!

Not sure how it can be a "killer" when we are only 7 games into the conference schedule.

If anything a case can be made that our first 8 conference games are the toughest games (with only BC at home at sure win) on our conference schedule and if we continue to play the way we are now we could go 7-3 after the Virginia game the rest of the way.

In other words, lots of time to go so Clemson, while I agree we shouldn't have lost that game at home, can hardly be described as a "killer" at this point.

Cheers,
Neil

Well it's a little easier to post that after we got a huge road win.

Cheers,
Neil
Starting to see why Clemson loss was a killer yet? We're now back to being 2 games under 500 in conference with a good ND team coming up next. Have to win 3 straight now to get over 500.

Win Clemson and we are 500 right now without needing to string together 3 straight just to get over 500

Starting to see why Clemson loss was a killer yet? We're now back to being 2 games under 500 in conference with a good ND team coming up next. Have to win 3 straight now to get over 500.

Win Clemson and we are 500 right now without needing to string together 3 straight just to get over 500

Again. Do I think we should have beaten Clemson? Yes. But do I think it's a "killer" as you claim? No. Now I have some questions for you:

Do you realize that we were front-loaded in terms of conference schedule (5 out of the 1st 8 teams are virtually sure-fire NCAA teams with each projected to be in the Top 30 in RPI at the end of the season and 4 of those 5 on the road) and that even with the Clemson loss most sites have us projected to finish at worse 9-9 in conference some at 10-8?

Do you realize that many sites, even with the Clemson loss and the projected loss against UVa which became a reality today have our projected RPI at the end of the regular season in the 30s and our SOS in the 20s?

Cheers,
Neil

We need the next 5. Absolutely.

Nothing is going to be easy. And it will be tough for this team to pull off 5 in a row, but they can do it. However, if we wind up only going 4-1 the pressure will be on not to lose to either Pitt or NC State at home afterwards assuming we lose our roads games to Louisville, UNC, and FSU.

Cheers,
Neil

We did what we had to do by going 1-1 on the Virginia and Duke Swing.

We need 4 of the next 5. We will be favoured in all, but taking 4 of 5, will put us in good shape to get to 9-9, which may be enough with a first round ACC win.

Again. Do I think we should have beaten Clemson? Yes. But do I think it's a "killer" as you claim? No. Now I have some questions for you:

Do you realize that we were front-loaded in terms of conference schedule (5 out of the 1st 8 teams are virtually sure-fire NCAA teams with each projected to be in the Top 30 in RPI at the end of the season and 4 of those 5 on the road) and that even with the Clemson loss most sites have us projected to finish at worse 9-9 in conference some at 10-8?

Do you realize that many sites, even with the Clemson loss and the projected loss against UVa which became a reality today have our projected RPI at the end of the regular season in the 30s and our SOS in the 20s?

Cheers,
Neil
Yes i realize the schedule gets more manageable in the next 5. I also realize that we need to go 4-1 in these next 5 manageable games to get over 500 in conference. And that same 4-1 mark would put us 3 games over 500 had we beaten Clemson.

I also realize that Clemson will most likely be on the bubble right beside us and they will have a win in their back pocket against us on our home floor

Yes i realize the schedule gets more manageable in the next 5. I also realize that we need to go 4-1 in these next 5 manageable games to get over 500 in conference. And that same 4-1 mark would put us 3 games over 500 had we beaten Clemson.

I also realize that Clemson will most likely be on the bubble right beside us and they will have a win in their back pocket against us on our home floor

Well, we are making progress with the first part of your post. ;)

But in terms of the latter we will likely only be right on the bubble with Clemson if we finish 9-9 instead of 10-8 and only if Clemson does better than they are projected to do even with impressive home wins over Louisville, Miami, and Duke. At the moment they are being projected to finish with an RPI in the high 90s to 100+ and an SOS in the 90s even with a projected 10-8 conference record. And those projected wins and numbers include a home win over UVa, giving them at least 4 Top 30 wins at home. Their OOC schedule is what is killing them with 7 of their 12 OOC games being against teams with RPIs between 217-336 and an eighth with an RPI of 180.

So, if we finish 9-9 instead of 10-8 will it be the Clemson loss that killed our chances or will it be some other loss along that way that did us in?

Time will tell.

Cheers,
Neil

We did what we had to do by going 1-1 on the Virginia and Duke Swing.

We need 4 of the next 5. We will be favoured in all, but taking 4 of 5, will put us in good shape to get to 9-9, which may be enough with a first round ACC win.
images

Never really thought we were going to win this game, need to get the next 5, I know it won't be easy, but we put ourselves in a tough situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom