Bucky Badger takes down Mich St | Syracusefan.com

Bucky Badger takes down Mich St

and they should have taken down Maryland last week - Wiscy is not a bad team :noidea:

Yea, sucks to have let that one get away. This SU team is just 2 losses away from being about as good as their record could be expected at this point. Pick any 2 from Wiscy, SJU and Clemson, and with only 5 losses, we are talking about seeding and region instead of climbing back onto the bubble. Now we need to make hay while the sun is shining.

and they should have taken down Maryland last week - Wiscy is not a bad team :noidea:

Yeah, really two games we should've had and let them slip away practically in the same fashion. A last second three by both Wiscy & Clemson to force the OT, that should've never gone to OT if we had shot a better percentage from the FT. Both games we shot, if my memory serves me correctly, around 50%. :)

Only a syracuse fan would say Wiscy is not a bad team to try to improve our own stock.

Wiscy is 10-9 (should be 9-10 with the loss to cuse) with losses to NW last week, western illinois, milwaukee, gtown, and indiana.

They are a bad loss for us. A very bad loss especially adding it to St Johns and Gtown and Clemson. losing 2 out of those 4 would have not been good.

Only a syracuse fan would say Wiscy is not a bad team to try to improve our own stock.

Wiscy is 10-9 (should be 9-10 with the loss to cuse) with losses to NW last week, western illinois, milwaukee, gtown, and indiana.

They are a bad loss for us. A very bad loss especially adding it to St Johns and Gtown and Clemson. losing 2 out of those 4 would have not been good.
Indiana and NW are not bad losses. They have three and four losses respectively so far. Gtown is 11-7 so that's borderline. The other two are probably bad losses, I didn't check their records.

Indiana and NW are not bad losses. They have three and four losses respectively so far. Gtown is 11-7 so that's borderline. The other two are probably bad losses, I didn't check their records.

Indiana and NW are both unproven. Indiana is 5-0 in the big 10 the same way we were 4-0 to start the ACC last year.

Indiana and NW are both unproven. Indiana is 5-0 in the big 10 the same way we were 4-0 to start the ACC last year.
Perhaps. We won't know till they actually play the rest of the games.

also.. they are 59th KenPom.

They are 10-9. Stop. Especially with the demeaning "chief" no reason to be that guy.
:rolling: cuz you're not constantly that guy :rolleyes:

Maybe not a bad loss, but a blown opportunity that we will regret if we come up 1 game short -- sort of like 2007 Wichita St game.

We are better then them (to what margin is debatable)
It was at home
And we had control of the game.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-18_13-2-49.png
    upload_2016-1-18_13-2-49.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 80
as opposed to... the cusefanATL ranking system

if the cusefanatl ranking system = their record - then yeah, I'll give you that.

Maybe not a bad loss, but a blown opportunity that we will regret if we come up 1 game short -- sort of like 2007 Wichita St game.

We are better then them (to what margin is debatable)
It was at home
And we had control of the game.

Ah the Demetris Nichols layup game. Thanks for bringing up that memory!

Ah the Demetris Nichols layup game. Thanks for bringing up that memory!

did we ever have control of that game though? we were down 20 for a lot of it.

That layup would have given us the lead with 21 seconds left. We were on a 21-2 run according to my googling so we were down big and trying to finish the comeback.

That layup would have given us the lead with 21 seconds left. We were on a 21-2 run according to my googling so we were down big and trying to finish the comeback.

i think i kind of misread the poster you were quoting. I thought he was comparing the games apples to apples but he wasnt. i see what he was trying to say.

i remember the wichita state game very well. i was there. that was the worlds introduction to towel guy behind the visitor 2nd half basket. he single handily caused WSU to miss about 5 FT's that allowed us back in it.

You are right we never had control of it, but the Nichols layup certainly blew it anyway. Wichita St ended up as a decent but non tourney teams -- sort of where I see Wisconsin..

I have a vivid memory of that game as well, as it one of the few I attended. A crazy game where both teams went on a massive run. Just looked at the game review online, and Wichita St actually had a 27-1 run in the first half where they could not miss.

It seemed at times our best defence that game was simply letting Wichita beat the press and forcing them to come down the court with numbers and trying to beat Watkins. Which they could not. Watkins had 7 blocks that game, and I bet most of them were in transition.

Last edited:
FWIW losing to Wichita State was also a bad loss.

Although they were 17th in the AP Poll (we were 15th), and I think in the top 10 in the week afterwards after the win.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263360183

Both teams went on a downward spiral for the rest of the year, so the loss was even more damaging then it appeared at the time.

Yea, sucks to have let that one get away. This SU team is just 2 losses away from being about as good as their record could be expected at this point. Pick any 2 from Wiscy, SJU and Clemson, and with only 5 losses, we are talking about seeding and region instead of climbing back onto the bubble. Now we need to make hay while the sun is shining.

unfortunate in a year with 2 sub regionals in the northeast (Brooklyn and Providence)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom