Buddy Boeheim: Exit Interview | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Exit Interview

One thing about Buddy is that he had to work for every shot he got. He averaged 19 ppg without a good pg setting him up or getting any easy fast break dunks or layups. If he who shall not be named was here I wonder how much better off Buddy would have been. Buddy might have averaged 22 ppg with a better shooting percentage if we had an athletic pg who could drive and dish.
While his defense and rebounding were frustrating, maybe those areas of his game were in some part diminished due to fatigue. Plus shooters need their legs. I'll never understand why once or twice a game when we were on defense right before a tv timeout JB didn't sub for Buddy to effectively give him a 4-5 minute rest while only missing a minute or so of game time.
I've truly enjoyed the evolution of his baseline jumper off the dribble and his use of his body going to basket and using the backboard. The slow back to the basket into a double team not so much.
Buddy kept improving and working and ignored the initial stupid comments about playing for his Dad. He's a great example for kids who want to be athletes that hard work can carry you farther than even you might think possible.

Man, he sounds like he is really gone

I thought for sure he would try to come back for one more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom