Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Regardless of the meltdown of Bills fans on TBD...

We were a .500 type team last year.

The defense should be much better even though we replace Gilmore and Darby with White and Gaines.

The offense returns the same offensive line, same QB, same RB, same TE and replaced oft-injured Watkins/Woods/Goodwin with Matthews/Jones/Boldin.

I don't want to hear about schedule. You never know how the year will play out.

Meanwhile we are absolutely LOADED for the Draft. If Tyrod doesn't ball out, we have ammo for Darnold or Allen. If he does, we can load up with talent all over the field.

Alsacs.

I'm on his team for this threads purpose.

Wyatt Earp knew better than to let Doc Holliday become a cowboy and shoot with the Clantons and Johnny Ringo...u had your 'shot'...
As long as you don't troll and you don't I think the Bills fans are okay with others.

I am respectful and don't troll them as I was once where they are now with the Red Sox against an evil empire division rival.

Alsacs.

I'm on his team for this threads purpose.

Wyatt Earp knew better than to let Doc Holliday become a cowboy and shoot with the Clantons and Johnny Ringo...u had your 'shot'...
Well by saying you're on his team, we'll have to assume that means all over his team.

Bills will absolutely be the talk of the draft. So we have that going for us. Which is nice.

Did they announce where the Draft is??

Put it in buffalo and put 20 cameras on the Bills Mafia all weekend.

I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be in Jerry world.

As long as you don't troll and you don't I think the Bills fans are okay with others.

I am respectful and don't troll them as I was once where they are now with the Red Sox against an evil empire division rival.

Rivalry.JPG

I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be in Jerry world.
Fourteen cities are bidding for the right to host the draft with Dallas, then Philadelphia being the favorites.

The trade is hard to swallow now because of what they did to get him in the first place. Plus he'll probably go out west and have a 1,400 yard 12 TD year.

But there's a great opportunity to build this for long term success. Both the Bills (and Rams) could end up in the bottom 5 of the league.

Jordan Matthews isn't a bad consolation prize for now.

It's not like my expectations were high for this year.

Fourteen cities are bidding for the right to host the draft with Dallas, then Philadelphia being the favorites.

Its hard to argue with Philly, they did a great job with it last year, that is my one and only compliment on the city of Philly.

Its hard to argue with Philly, they did a great job with it last year, that is my one and only compliment on the city of Philly.

NFL Draft passion has never been a problem in Philadelphia, PA.

The trade is hard to swallow now because of what they did to get him in the first place. Plus he'll probably go out west and have a 1,400 yard 12 TD year.

But there's a great opportunity to build this for long term success. Both the Bills (and Rams) could end up in the bottom 5 of the league.

I agree a lot with what you said. While I was against the Watkins trade and the more I think about it the Darby trade as well the Bills at least got competent pieces in return so the team doesnt' look like the Jets this year. If the Bills had just made one of the two trades probably wouldn't have cared as much but both are hard to swallow especially Watkins who finally looked primed to break out for a full season. Like you though I do love the fact that they have 9 picks in the first 3 rounds including 4 in the 1st and 2nd round. That said Bills are going to need a lot next year including a WR and likely another CB early in the draft again. I worry that San Fran and the Jets will be the top 2 picks and block the Bills from getting a top QB but you never know I guess.

We could end up bottom 5 but I feel like this is said every year, and every year we hover around 8-8 because of mediocre QB play or our recent defensive struggles. We just don't have bottom 5 talent.

Lost:

Rex Ryan/Rob Ryan/Anthony Lynn

Sammy Watkins (injured most of last year)
Robert Woods (banged up most of last year)
Mike Gillislee
Aaron Williams (injured most of last year)
Zach Brown
Stephon Gilmore
Ronald Darby
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Corey Graham
Cardale Jones
EJ Manuel

Gained:

McDermott/Dennison/Frazier

Zay Jones
Anquan Boldin
Jordan Matthews
Mike Tolbert
Patrick DiMarco
Nathan Peterman
Dion Dawkins
Shaq Lawson
Gerald Hodges
Reggie Ragland (if not traded)
Tre'Davious White
EJ Gaines
Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer
Bacarri Rambo

Returning:

Cordy Glenn
Richie Incognito
Eric Wood
John Miller
Seantrel Henderson
Jordan Mills
Ryan Groy
Tyrod Taylor
LeSean McCoy
Jonathan Williams
Charles Clay
Nick O'Leary
Jerry Hughes
Marcell Dareus
Kyle Williams
Lorenzo Alexander
Preston Brown
Kevon Seymour

Depth will be tinkered with when players are cut/added etc.

Also of note is that Gaines/White fit what McDermott wants in DB's (Long, Lanky) and Matthews/Jones/Boldin all fit what he wants in WR's (Big, Physical, Durable)

That just doesn't look bottom 5 to me. They are what they were before the trades, a .500 team that could be a few games worse or a few games better depending on QB play and the defense.

Probably unlikely but hearing some Rumblings that there are concerns about ap potential failed physical that could cause the trades to fall apart.

Hearing the Bills offered Tyrod Taylor to the Ravens but wanted a first round pick.

I wonder if Flacco is seriously hurt we don't see these teams make a trade.

Regardless of the meltdown of Bills fans on TBD...

We were a .500 type team last year.

The defense should be much better even though we replace Gilmore and Darby with White and Gaines.

The offense returns the same offensive line, same QB, same RB, same TE and replaced oft-injured Watkins/Woods/Goodwin with Matthews/Jones/Boldin.

I don't want to hear about schedule. You never know how the year will play out.

Meanwhile we are absolutely LOADED for the Draft. If Tyrod doesn't ball out, we have ammo for Darnold or Allen. If he does, we can load up with talent all over the field.

I'm really not sure these trades are going to have a big impact on our record this year. I agree with that point.

One major concern right now is speed on the outside... we have none.

Hearing the Bills offered Tyrod Taylor to the Ravens but wanted a first round pick.

I wonder if Flacco is seriously hurt we don't see these teams make a trade.

If that happens the Bills front office staff is going to need the national guard to protect them because the fans up there will riot.

If that happens the Bills front office staff is going to need the national guard to protect them because the fans up there will riot.
Yea, I don't know if I can stomach a full blown tank. The NFL is also a league in which full blown tanks aren't guaranteed to ever work.

I'd rather see if Taylor can be the guy and field a team with an outside chance at the playoffs then straight give up to add another 1st rounder.

Bills schedule this year is killer. AFC West and NFC South are two loaded divisions to have to play, that's 8 tough games there. Throw in 2 games vs the Pats. Throw in 2 vs a Miami team coming off 10 wins, even with Cutler (who is a wash with Tannehill) has more overall talent than Buffalo. That schedule is killer.

Whatever happens for the Bill this year, it must be nice to have an actual Adult coaching your team now.

Would Bills fans be pissed if they traded Taylor for another good pick and then signed Colin Kapernick to start.