Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Gonna have to go oline 1st round next year and RB on Day 2, Singletary and Moss aren't it.

I'm ok with waiting until 2023 for a RB since it's a better class IMO (Hi Tucker!) but O-line needs to be addressed for sure

Allen made some really impressive throws that fourth quarter too that appeared to put us into position. Then awful blocking, ball control, and play calling fizzled them out. I mean good lord what was going on out there? I can’t believe bass didn’t get a kick attempt!

guess who is lurking a game back with still 2 to play vs. Buffalo

darth vader lightsaber GIF by Star Wars

Allen made some really impressive throws that fourth quarter too that appeared to put us into position. Then awful blocking, ball control, and play calling fizzled them out. I mean good lord what was going on out there? I can’t believe bass didn’t get a kick attempt!

Here's my problem...OK, the O-Line is banged up or whatever, and they're not good right now...we accept that, it's a GIVEN

We have a supposedly DEFINITE Head Coach as OC, but he has zero clue how to scheme to avoid exposing said problem? There appears to be no nuance or misdirection or anything to confuse anybody, it's snap, go out and throw...makes no sense

Lastly, Allen needs to be sat down and explained the goddamned risk/rewards on his hero ball plays early in the game and at the end. There's a reason when the game is on the line, and the D beat 'em, Brady would just jam the ball at the feet of his RB. You lost that round, try the FG. With a line this porous there has to be an outlet route every down, no?

Watching this Tenn/LA game, it may well be a dream of OCs everywhere that you can block DLs with 5 guys...doesn't seem like it's possible right now, at least with the OLs out there.

Maybe time to devise new strategies (or old ones, as it may be)

Well that wasn’t a fun game to attend in person… at all.

Maybe we should stop taking over stadiums. First Nashville, now this..

My only takeaway from that game, and the season up to now, is that our OL (specifically the Guard positions) may actually torpedo the entire season.

Beane is very good, but most Bills fans were begging for IOL help this off-season. He simply resigned Feliciano. And here we are..

I get it.. no Brown, Feliciano or Knox. Brown being out hurts two OL positions as Williams kicks back to RT.

… but it was the Jags. One of, maybe the worst, loss of the McDermott era.

One other thing that's been exposed the last few weeks is that Buffalo really lacks a physical type of WR save for maybe Davis who isn't seeing a ton of pt and we also don't have a true deep threat, when's the last time Buffalo hit a long TD pass?? Need more from McKenzie and let's get the 2 backup rbs active Williams and the speed guy whose name escapes me.
So we have no deep threat .. no running backs .. our O line sucks .. j Allen is terrible when blitzed .. this is what I’ve gathered from reading posts here .. yet before today many considered us the class of the AFC

Can we bitch about the refs cause that's more fun than dunking on our terrible OL & hero qb. I don't think I'm biased to a stupid degree. Said we got calls vs Indy & Atl to help end the drought, LA last yr and still remember that and an uncalled Thurman fumble vs the Jets in 93. This year is reverting back to Marrone/Rex levels of screwjobs every week now. KC, last week & all the Ls have been brutal. Are we going to ever get a break this year, jfc.

Third and 7 from Jacksonville 39, and we got sacked. Gaining 0 yards gives bass a shot from 56. Such terrible execution.

Well that wasn’t a fun game to attend in person… at all.

Maybe we should stop taking over stadiums. First Nashville, now this..

My only takeaway from that game, and the season up to now, is that our OL (specifically the Guard positions) may actually torpedo the entire season.

Beane is very good, but most Bills fans were begging for IOL help this off-season. He simply resigned Feliciano. And here we are..

I get it.. no Brown, Feliciano or Knox. Brown being out hurts two OL positions as Williams kicks back to RT.

… but it was the Jags. One of, maybe the worst, loss of the McDermott era.
The reason the team got knocked out of the playoffs last year was the defense wasn't able to stop KC... So Beane spent the draft and offseason trying to improve the D and for the most part it looks like he did a decent job. The offense had issues but I doubt that Beane in his wildest dreams thought the offense and specifically the line would be so bad that Allen couldn't cover for it with his individual brilliance. As bad as the Jags are they do have talent on their d-line. My guess is Bills need to more TE heavy looks to better protect Allen. But, yes it does feel like the o-line will make or break this team this year. The Patriots games are looking more and more ominous by the week.

The reason the team got knocked out of the playoffs last year was the defense wasn't able to stop KC... So Beane spent the draft and offseason trying to improve the D and for the most part it looks like he did a decent job. The offense had issues but I doubt that Beane in his wildest dreams thought the offense and specifically the line would be so bad that Allen couldn't cover for it with his individual brilliance. As bad as the Jags are they do have talent on their d-line. My guess is Bills need to more TE heavy looks to better protect Allen. But, yes it does feel like the o-line will make or break this team this year. The Patriots games are looking more and more ominous by the week.
Did we have any 2 tightend sets at all?

Third and 7 from Jacksonville 39, and we got sacked. Gaining 0 yards gives bass a shot from 56. Such terrible execution.
I still can't get over on the one play in the 4th where Sanders released by himself up the left seam/sideline with no one anywhere near him and Josh not seeing it.

I still can't get over on the one play in the 4th where Sanders released by himself up the left seam/sideline with no one anywhere near him and Josh not seeing it.
I didn’t see that one. Thankfully I guess. Probably because of the pressure, start focusing more in front of you than down field.

Watching this Tenn/LA game, it may well be a dream of OCs everywhere that you can block DLs with 5 guys...doesn't seem like it's possible right now, at least with the OLs out there.

Maybe time to devise new strategies (or old ones, as it may be)
Freaking Bobby Hart is a starter for the Titans. Starter! The only play I focused on him he completely whiffed on his guy.

Jags CB Shaquill Griffin:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' "

Jags CB Shaquill Griffin:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' "

Sounds like McDermott took notice to, sounded less then thrilled in his PC. Hope we see major changes next week.

Need a strong one move and go RB.

Agreed, this offense desperately needs a hard nosed type RB. Moss has shown some flashes but he's hurt a lot and can't take on a major role. Wish they would elevate Williams and give him a crack, he's looked good everytime I have seen him play.

I’m open to anything right now.

Breida, Williams at RB.. Sign Beckham or Jackson.. Whatever.

End of the day though, we’re facing the same issues KC is this year…. Teams are simply playing a Cover 2 Shell, rushing 4 and daring you to run against light boxes.

If you can’t run against light boxes and can’t pass pro against 4 DL, well then your QB is staring at flooded coverage, nobody open, and defenders breaking free in his face.

Breida is not a significant contributor. Been touted for speed his entire career but he’s nowhere near the answer for between the tackles running. I don’t understand how he’s never active at least though.

Breida is not a significant contributor. Been touted for speed his entire career but he’s nowhere near the answer for between the tackles running. I don’t understand how he’s never active at least though.

If for nothing else, we can throw little flare passes to him to get to the edge and/or flex him out against a linebacker.

Moss and Singletary just seem redundant and don’t scare anyone. I don’t necessarily think Singletary is a JAG because on a better OL, he would probably make quite a few wow plays in space, but he doesn’t fit here. We need a completely different style of back in this offense. Moss is fine, but every other back should be a one cut speed guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom