Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Yeah not a great class but honestly I think if the Bills can get an earlier career John Brown it would help a ton. A speedy WR with nice hands and good route running, don't even need a Tee Higgins or Jaylon Waddle type layer, just a solid #2 WR.
I haven’t really scouted the way I used to yet, but Zay Flowers’ highlights are super fun.

They don't need to... they have better receivers, oline, TE, RBs and probably D. Get a Tea level QB and it's a very tight matchup
But you said the phins with a better qb are a threat so I am just clarifying what you said. You added on. And still make no sense.

Milano said team played with no juice.
So no juice and shitty gameplans it is.

Pretty much a brutal statement on the coaching staff sadly. Either the team didn't want to play or the coaching staff didn't have a good plan, or both.

Being able to run the Ball and stop the run is like good pitching and solid defense.

In the post season, you rely on it. The Bills are not good at either.

Being able to run the Ball and stop the run is like good pitching and solid defense.

should have taken the ball on the coin flip

This is false. The Bills ran for more yards and more YPC than the Bengals during the season. The Bengals were better passing and defending the pass today.

Looks like our window was last year. 13 seconds and we kick it out the end zone and with it kicked away what should have been our title

Looks like our window was last year. 13 seconds and we kick it out the end zone and with it kicked away what should have been our title

The Bills will always have a chance to win with Allen. Last year will continue to sting until they actually win it. It took KC a while to win it even with Reid

Anything from McDermott in the presser about how unprepared the team was today?

The decision to punt at the end of the first half was playing not to lose and I think it was clearly the wrong call. The odds were strongly in favor of going for it, but I guess this is what FB coaches do - our coaches certainly make similar decisions.

Does that even make the podium of errors? McD called two time outs & rushed 3 (2-3 too many) while backing up to the goal posts. All after the kickoff. What a situational wizard.

Does that even make the podium of errors? McD called two time outs & rushed 3 (2-3 too many) while backing up to the goal posts. All after the kickoff. What a situational wizard.
no matter how terrible they managed it after the fact, they would not have had time to throw the pass into fg range had they had to return the ball in some fashion. In other words, the the bills incompetent situational coaching staff would have been saved from themselves. Would have been a hail mary attempt..which we probable would have jacked up anyway.

Anything from McDermott in the presser about how unprepared the team was today?
the way they played today, they don't deserve to use the phrases "this hurts" "this was tough" those are phrases for when you actually compete and come up short. not what we saw yesterday.

This is false. The Bills ran for more yards and more YPC than the Bengals during the season. The Bengals were better passing and defending the pass today.
what if you remove Allen's stats from the equation? what happens to the YPC stats?

The decision to punt at the end of the first half was playing not to lose and I think it was clearly the wrong call. The odds were strongly in favor of going for it, but I guess this is what FB coaches do - our coaches certainly make similar decisions.
I wouldn’t have been mad if we went for it, but it was 4th and 10. Not like it was 4th and manageable or anything. Especially with the way the offense was struggling, it had to be like a 70% chance going for it just hands Cinci more points. I get it though. Buffalo did eventually need to score some points and they were over midfield.

no matter how terrible they managed it after the fact, they would not have had time to throw the pass into fg range had they had to return the ball in some fashion. In other words, the the bills incompetent situational coaching staff would have been saved from themselves. Would have been a hail mary attempt..which we probable would have jacked up anyway.
The thing about squib kicks is you don’t know where it’ll be scooped up and you also don’t need to return it. San Fran tried this a couple weeks ago and Seattle scooped it up at like the 30-40’yard line and were suddenly one play away from field goal range. KC also could have easily scooped it up at let’s say the 25 and just immediately given themselves up and then it’s the exact same situation they ultimately found themselves in.

Squibs are generally the worst way to go IMO. Very little upside and a decent chance it bites you in the ass.

McDermott seems to forget how to coach during the big games. I don't get it. It's like...the whole being the "anti-Belichick" thing can carry him through the regular season, but come playoff time, he regresses and becomes just another super safe coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom