Buffalo Restaurants | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Restaurants

Hands down, the best wings I’ve ever had, and it’s not particularly close. Bar-Bill hand paints each wing, rather than drenching them in sauce, so as to keep them as crispy as possible.

Public Espresso is awesome - great coffee and food/baked goods. The aroma is insane.
Was home a couple weekends ago for the Wake game and took my dad over to the new Barbill and made him try the wings. Got half hot and half cajun honey butter and he now brings them up every time we talk.

I used to adore Leonardi's. Was my favorite pizza ever. Hated seeing them close. Live down in DC now and there is a guy that worked at Bocce for a decade or more and opened up a spot called BaddPizza(his last name is Badd) and he has 3 locations. It tastes pretty darn close to home which destroys anything else around here.

I used to adore Leonardi's. Was my favorite pizza ever. Hated seeing them close. Live down in DC now and there is a guy that worked at Bocce for a decade or more and opened up a spot called BaddPizza(his last name is Badd) and he has 3 locations. It tastes pretty darn close to home which destroys anything else around here.
How far are you from DCA? Just had lunch with an old friend at a place near there that was really good. And a great beer selection. Rustico Alexandria

How far are you from DCA? Just had lunch with an old friend at a place near there that was really good. And a great beer selection. Rustico Alexandria
Lived in Alexandria for a year until 2 months ago, now about 20 miles north in MD and don't think I've heard of it but it sounds like one of those woodfired kinda places. Those places all have a high floor.

I like la Nova Pizza myself.
I really like the original location (on West Ferry), but the Williamsville location is just kind of meh.

I always loved their Lincoln Navigator delivery vehicles. Joey Todaro keeping that profile low!

Wow! Lived in Buffalo area for 6 years in the beginning of the 90’s and I haven’t seen a name I recognize.

Might be the wrong time of year, but if you want ice cream find an Anderson’s. Buffalo’s local answer to Tasty Freeze.

Wow! Lived in Buffalo area for 6 years in the beginning of the 90’s and I haven’t seen a name I recognize.

Might be the wrong time of year, but if you want ice cream find an Anderson’s. Buffalo’s local answer to Tasty Freeze.
Live 1/2 mile away.

Live 1/2 mile away.

Now that’s good thinking! Just about the right distance to walk the calories off if you walk over and back for your treat.

There is one in Lockport which I haven't been to in a while seeing I don't live in the state anymore. Will have to make there again when I visit family.

There is one in Lockport which I haven't been to in a while seeing I don't live in the state anymore. Will have to make there again when I visit family.
It's no longer an Andersons. The best ice cream in Lockport is Lake Effect, right alongside the canal.

Bumping this thread to give a shout to a relatively new place in Tonawanda: Candyman Pizza. It’s a part of Caputi’s on Sheridan, although in a separate adjacent space. They opened mid-pandemic. I’ve been a number of times and am always impressed. The menu is relatively small, but their Candyman Pizza (mozzarella, pepperoni, honey and Calabrian chili) is one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had. Picture below:

883A0916-DDD7-4AB8-B795-667DEC2BB80E.jpeg

A few buddies and I get together maybe once every 1-2 months for wings and beer. Wingnutz is our next stop (FYI, I think it's only open on Tuesdays), but I think Kelly's Korner may be next.

I've heard really good things about Imperial Pizza and Lovejoy Pizza, but Bocce's is my go-to.

Enjoy!
chugg21 I went to Kelly’s Korner last night for the first time. Had the chicken fingers, hot…I think I’m still full.

chugg21 I went to Kelly’s Korner last night for the first time. Had the chicken fingers, hot…I think I’m still full.
Haha. I had them 2 weeks ago on that Mon after the Sunday night game. The key is to have 4 people and just be able to split 20 wings, 10 fingers and 2 beef on wecks. All 3 components are at the elite tier.

What ya think of the hot sauce? It's hard to describe. I always just tell people it's kind of a peppery wet rub.

Bumping this thread to give a shout to a relatively new place in Tonawanda: Candyman Pizza. It’s a part of Caputi’s on Sheridan, although in a separate adjacent space. They opened mid-pandemic. I’ve been a number of times and am always impressed. The menu is relatively small, but their Candyman Pizza (mozzarella, pepperoni, honey and Calabrian chili) is one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had. Picture below:

View attachment 218203
I've never heard of this place but my in-laws live in Tonawanda and I'll be demanding this next time I'm stuck there.

I’ve driven by Kelly’s so many times. Always heard it was a good dive bar. Was just recommended to me this week as the best wings in Buffalo. Will have to check them out.

I’ve driven by Kelly’s so many times. Always heard it was a good dive bar. Was just recommended to me this week as the best wings in Buffalo. Will have to check them out.
Highest of recommendations. Wings or Fingers hot and beef on week. Can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom