Bugs Bunny gives SU props | Syracusefan.com

Bugs Bunny gives SU props

SUMBA

2nd String
I was watching a BB cartoon this morning and Bugs gave SU props:

While Bugs was questioning his doctor's credentials he looked at the doc's diploma. Bugs blurted out:

"Syracuse!? That's a basketball school!!!"

Damned right it is Bugs!! Let's Go Orange!!!

And yes, Bugs did say what's up doc even though the medical professional asked him not to say it...

? What is this from?

I believe the episode was "Off Duty Cop." Where Daffy Duck pretends to be a 1970's style detective. Bugs goes to the doctor because he is nervous. The doc tells Bugs to stop drinking coffee but the wascilly wabbit meets Yosemite Sam in the lobby. Yosemitee is selling a pick me up drink from what seem to be sketchy suppliers.

The above exchange took place when the doc told Bugs to stop drinking coffee and BB was essentially calling the doc a quack. In doing so, BB stated that Syracuse is a basketball school.

I would take Bug's Bunnie's assessment over that of ESPN any day.

Ahem. Some people on this board actually attended SUNY Upstate and are quite successful physicians. I'm just sayin'.

To Bugs's defense, the Doctor probably was a fraud because Syracuse University doesn't have a medical school.

I believe the episode was "Off Duty Cop." Where Daffy Duck pretends to be a 1970's style detective. Bugs goes to the doctor because he is nervous. The doc tells Bugs to stop drinking coffee but the wascilly wabbit meets Yosemite Sam in the lobby. Yosemitee is selling a pick me up drink from what seem to be sketchy suppliers.

The above exchange took place when the doc told Bugs to stop drinking coffee and BB was essentially calling the doc a quack. In doing so, BB stated that Syracuse is a basketball school.

I would take Bug's Bunnie's assessment over that of ESPN any day.

Aha! You're finally giving us some hints as to where you do your equities research.;)

Bump for a repeat of this episode on Nick just now. Son and I laughed, but it's still not the same without Mel Blanc.

While Bugs was questioning his doctor's credentials he looked at the doc's diploma. Bugs blurted out:

"Syracuse!? That's a basketball school!!!"

Damned right it is Bugs!! Let's Go Orange!!!

And yes, Bugs did say what's up doc even though the medical professional asked him not to say it...

Syracuse was, is, and always will be a football school.

Bump for a repeat of this episode on Nick just now. Son and I laughed, but it's still not the same without Mel Blanc.
Mel was an American treasure; his voice should be up on Mount Rushmore.

As much as I loved his cartoon voices, as a yute, I always got a charge catching one of his cameos on the Jack Benny Show. Most of the TV shows I thought were funny as a kid look pretty lame now. This holds up really well. Jack Benny would be fresh today ... Johnny Carson (wisely) copped some of Jack's licks.

I know. You can tell by the attendance at the games.

Correct, all more than basketball games.

You can also tell by the very existence of the Carrier Dome, the whole reason 44 is what it is, that it's the far majority of the revenue we take in, etc. etc.

As well he should - one of the reasons I've always resented Mickey Mouse, Road Runner and Tweety Bird. Their silence speaks loudly to me.

NFL Alums > NBA alums

if it's not Mel Blanc's voice, then it's not Bugs Bunny.
Exactly.
The smart-alecky, wascilly-wabbit of our youth is nowhere to be found in those later versions.
Bugs used to sing popular songs, imitate entire scenes from great movies of the time, and use the biggest of words to put down his rivals. He also was wickedly devious...and borderline sadistic in some of his antics.
Vintage Bugs, as voiced by Blanc, was always better.