Buttgers offers 2nd Rochester kid | Syracusefan.com

Buttgers offers 2nd Rochester kid

Looks really slow and not intense enough for a lineman at the DI level in my opinion.

F Rutgers, right? Who cares what Rutgers does?

Sorry, just a little pandering on my part. I've figured out now that these kinds of pointless, conversation-killing messages are the best way to get "likes" on this board. :rolleyes:

Whether people want to admit it or not, the fact that Rutgers has come and poached kids in our backyard but we can't do the same is a problem. We can downplay the talent in-state, we can dismiss Rutgers as a never-will-be program, but getting kids from our state is important to the current marketing strategy of the football program, it builds interest among certain segments of the fan population (me at least), and quite frankly this program is going to have a hard time thriving long term if we have to go to Michigan and Illinois to get our recruits because we can't get kids close by to buy in. This is a problem that I'm hopeful this coaching staff can fix---for both upstate and downstate. The DB hire, in my opinion, will tell us a lot about whether the coaches understand this problem.

F Rutgers, right? Who cares what Rutgers does?

Sorry, just a little pandering on my part. I've figured out now that these kinds of pointless messages are the best way to get "likes" on this board. :rolleyes:

Whether people want to admit it or not, the fact that Rutgers has come and poached kids in our backyard but we can't do the same is a problem. We can downplay the talent in-state, we can dismiss Rutgers as a never-will-be program, but getting kids from our state is important to the current marketing strategy of the football program, it builds interest among certain segments of the fan population (me at least), and quite frankly this program is going to have a hard time thriving long term if we have to go to Michigan and Illinois to get our recruits because we can't get kids close by to buy in. This is a problem that I'm hopeful this coaching staff can fix---for both upstate and downstate. The DB hire, in my opinion, will tell us a lot about whether the coaches understand this problem.

I'm thinking that in order to for a team to be successful in the NFL they need to hire coaches from SU, and in order for a team to be successful in the B1G they need to recruit kids from Rochester.

I'm thinking that in order to for a team to be successful in the NFL they need to hire coaches from SU, and in order for a team to be successful in the B1G they need to recruit kids from Rochester.

Hey, I think we all realize well that in the college game, unlike the pro game, all it takes is one exceptional player to make the difference. We can dismiss the Rochester and Upstate kids in general as overrated, disappointing, etc., but that doesn't mean it's okay to write off a fairly big market 75 minutes away because of the failures of previous players. You don't know what the future will bring. What I do know is that much of Rutgers' success over the past decade can be traced to three NYS players that could have been ours if not for a little bad luck and some bad diplomacy: Leonard, Greene, and Rice. I don't want Rutgers getting fat off our inability to protect our backyard again.

Hey, I think we all realize well that in the college game, unlike the pro game, all it takes is one exceptional player to make the difference. We can dismiss the Rochester and Upstate kids in general as overrated, disappointing, etc., but that doesn't mean it's okay to write off a fairly big market 75 minutes away because of the failures of previous players. You don't know what the future will bring. What I do know is that much of Rutgers' success over the past decade can be traced to three NYS players that could have been ours if not for a little bad luck and some bad diplomacy: Leonard, Greene, and Rice. I don't want Rutgers getting fat off our inability to protect our backyard again.

Getting fat huh? Maybe I missed the BCS bowl game they won. Could you tell which year that was since Google hasn't been helpful. :noidea:

Are we also going to make a post for every kid that BC offers from around here? Uconn? No? Then why do it for Rutgers?

Kids are going to get division one offers. Maybe we didn't see enough out of them to offer. Our staff has their reasons. No need for a thread like this every time a kid gets an offer from them

The Gause family knows everybody in Section V football, organizes trips to recruiting events, I think they even set up a come one-come all combine or something at Brockport recently with a couple hundred kids.

Not saying write Rochester off but this is going to happen... a lot.

yea ive pretty much forgot about that sweaty armpit of a school, i'm ready to start hating bc and nc st.

Are we also going to make a post for every kid that BC offers from around here? Uconn? No? Then why do it for Rutgers?

Kids are going to get division one offers. Maybe we didn't see enough out of them to offer. Our staff has their reasons. No need for a thread like this every time a kid gets an offer from them

Not for nothing but I'm going post about every NY kid getting an offer from one of oir competitors. Had it been Pitt or uconn or BC i would've posted it.

The Gause family knows everybody in Section V football, organizes trips to recruiting events, I think they even set up a come one-come all combine or something at Brockport recently with a couple hundred kids.

Not saying write Rochester off but this is going to happen... a lot.

I think those events are helping to get the kids offers. It's somewhat frustrating that we are only an hour away but in the last couple years we aren't doing better signing guys -
Pitt ( Officer & Pardner), Rutgers (Gause & Carter), SU (Broyld & Scissum) and Notre Dame (Jones).

When UConn and BC start (or start again) taking recruits we want from our state, they'll be fair game too.

I think those events are helping to get the kids offers. It's somewhat frustrating that we are only an hour away but in the last couple years we aren't doing better signing guys -
Pitt ( Officer & Pardner), Rutgers (Gause & Carter), SU (Broyld & Scissum) and Notre Dame (Jones).

They are and they deserve kudos. I don't know if half the guys you mention get as many looks otherwise. But RU is going to get a jump on everyone.

It seems like rutgers has offered every single highly touted prospect on the east coast . Every single kid who seems like a bcs recruit seems to have a rutgers offer

When UConn and BC start (or start again) taking recruits we want from our state, they'll be fair game too.

So you're saying there won't be ever be any BC or UConn recruiting threads?