C John Miller commits! | Syracusefan.com

C John Miller commits!

Good to see. Now lets see who we can get from this weekend's visitors!

Nice--need OL.

It's been a LONG drought since Gus Edwards!

Can play either C or G.

3 to play 2.

Jan enrollee???

anyone have an offer list? thats how I gauge players not some stupid star system

Nice to see. I will admit, when I got an alert from Scout that we got a new verbal I was hoping it was Smith, but Miller is a damn nice pickup.

Any offensive lineman is welcomed at this point. His tape is pretty solid, stays on the block for a while. That said, it was hard to keep my eye on exactly who it was in each clip.

Smith, Walker, Brown to round out weekend - just my guess

December graduate so looks like January enrollee
A huge up grade in size and strength at the center position. I guess Knapp is still the projected replacement for Chibane at this point. Mackey's consistent short snap is a huge plus in his favor IMO.

Two things I see in the video. Every single snap he does is in shotgun. He stays on blocks he's a big boy.

JUCOs, unless cant miss stars are usually brought on to fill holes. Miller fixes a big problem of OL depth. Still think we take another JUCO OT.

Thank goodness we can put Macky on the bench where he belongs now. ;)

Thank goodness we can put Macky on the bench where he belongs now. ;)

Yeah no kidding its not like he was a key part of the OL that had the most prolific offensive statistics in team history or anything ...

Adding another C might allow Emerich to get on the field at G. Based solely on what I have read here and in the press, I expect Emerich to be a player and he would have been stuck behind Macky for another year at C. I love Trudo at G - no coincidence that things got going when he and Pugh got in the lineup. The JUCO OL bring depth - but also allow for position changes that can only help get the best 5 on the field regardless of where they ended this season position-wise.

Interest from Oregon and Washington State, not sure about offers.
Weidner's article this morning says he was " talking to a number of other schools, including TCU, New Mexico, Nevada and Memphis."

Adding another C might allow Emerich to get on the field at G. Based solely on what I have read here and in the press, I expect Emerich to be a player and he would have been stuck behind Macky for another year at C. I love Trudo at G - no coincidence that things got going when he and Pugh got in the lineup. The JUCO OL bring depth - but also allow for position changes that can only help get the best 5 on the field regardless of where they ended this season position-wise.

We lose Chibane, the starting LG. Foy got some run at RG this year before being displaced by Trudo. Palmer is a redshirt who will be tough to keep off the field, and Emerich also redshirted. No downside to adding another player into that mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom